The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a new ham operator's experience and comparison of Ham Radio Deluxe and DXLab  (Read 120677 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »

What's amazing is that every time this thread has tried to go in a constructive route Dave has blocked it by saying he doesn't believe, he needs screen shots.  Yet he also states that when he gets screen shots he will verify them with his friends on the DXLab reflector.  Ok so if he has friends on the reflector who own HRD 6.2 why doesn't he just ask them to verify if the award tracking is real?  Why does he need screenshots?

Secondly Rick, Mike or whoever cannot call me off of this thread LOL I don't work for them and I am not a Shill for them.  My problem is Dave's endless self promotion, Shilling and unfair statements against HRD.

If you guys want this stopped why not ask Dave to stop?  He is the man that always has to have the last post.

K3DCW you said you have HRD 6.2 and I asked you to confirm the award statements.  You have not said a word about that but have come back to go after Rick. So I ask again does HRD 6.2 have award tracking?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:15:32 AM by KD8MJR » Logged

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: October 30, 2014, 11:27:19 AM »

K3DCW you said you have HRD 6.2 and I asked you to confirm the award statements.  You have not said a word about that but have come back to go after Rick. So I ask again does HRD 6.2 have award tracking?

The question is not whether HRD 6.2 has award tracking. The question is whether HRD 6.2 can generate submission reports for the DXCC, IOTA, VUCC, WAS, WAZ, and WPX award families, as DXLab does (items 30-35 on the list I posted above).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:29:31 AM by AA6YQ » Logged

#1 DXCC Honor Roll, DXCC Challenge 3000
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: October 30, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »

Reading is Fundamental, Robert.  

I said that I had used HRD, but I also said, and I quote: "Right now I'm SO VERY GLAD that I have given them all up in favor of going 100% Mac."

I do not have HRD 6.2 installed, nor do I plan on reinstalling just to continue your pointless crusade.

And I did not "come back to go after Rick." I simply commented on his remarks.  I respect Rick a lot and wish him no ill will in any form.

Dave
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:43:04 AM by K3DCW » Logged

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »

Reading is Fundamental, Robert.  

I said that I had used HRD, but I also said, and I quote: "Right now I'm SO VERY GLAD that I have given them all up in favor of going 100% Mac."

I do not have HRD 6.2 installed, nor do I plan on reinstalling just to continue your pointless crusade.

And I did not "come back to go after Rick." I simply commented on his remarks.  I respect Rick a lot and wish him no ill will in any form.

Dave

I agree that reading is fundamental and that is why I read your post thoroughly and worded my post this way

Ok so you have used or are still using HRD 6.2

If you want to understand Dave (AA6YQ) and why people react this way to him then try this.
As a HRD user can you please tell him that the Award tracking that he claims is not in HRD is actually there.  Even if you don't personally use the option you can still click the "Award Tracking" Tab and see that what has been said does exist in the software.

Then post back and with your findings and you will see what Dave (AA6YQ) has to say about your post.

73's
Rob

If your no longer using it then I understand that you cannot comment.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2014, 09:22:33 PM »

Some unfinished business:

Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 11:29 PM
To: Dave AA6YQ
Subject: Re: Please explain why KD8MJR's eHam account was locked

Hi Dave,

Sorry to get back so late on this.

KD8MJR was and is not locked.  I am unaware of him having been so at any point.

Mike N2MG

#1 DXCC Honor Roll, DXCC Challenge 3000
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »

As noted before Dave any moderator can lock and unlock an account without a record of it being done. The fact that Mike has no idea about it being locked does not surprise me, I never thought he was the one who locked it to begin with.  I did assume he was the one who unlocked it. Since he was not the person I can only assume who ever locked it in the first place went back and unlocked it.  Since the point of locking and unlocking was roughly 18 hours and it took Mike almost a week to check the account status how would he know what transpired.

All Admins are "unaware" of account changes if the changes are reversed, since no logs exist on changes to an accounts status.

Have you ever setup forum software?  Do you even know what the options panels look like for user group permissions?   I have setup both Vbulletin 5 and 4.2.2 for different forums.  Why on earth would you think that a piece of forum software is going to track what a Moderator is doing inside the permissions panel?  You can only go in there and see if a permission is off or it's on.  You Cannot find out the history of it's usage LOL.

Yea that's true. I've set up numerous SMF forums from scratch (of which this is one example of an SMF forum) and it doesn't track who changed what permissions.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:34:32 PM by KD8MJR » Logged

N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2014, 09:18:03 AM »

The fact that Mike has no idea about it being locked does not surprise me, I never thought he was the one who locked it to begin with.  I did assume he was the one who unlocked it. Since he was not the person I can only assume who ever locked it in the first place went back and unlocked it.  

Whoa!!! I am confused.

First you say that Mike was not the one who locked your account but you assume he was the one who unlocked it. But then you say that you assume that whoever locked it went back and unlocked it.

So at the end of the day:

1) You don't know who locked and unlocked your account.
and
2) You don't have one single solitary shred of evidence that AA6YQ had anything to do with it one way or another.

The bottom line is that you got your account unlocked so why can't you just let it go?

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2014, 01:57:15 PM »

The bottom line is that you got your account unlocked so why can't you just let it go?

It's Dave that's bought it back up because he got a reply from Mike.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:02:49 PM by KD8MJR » Logged

W4RS

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: November 09, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »

I am so glad that my post last year on hrd and dxl does not now hoild the record for comments. it was 19 pages till locked. wew, but in the mean time vu4cb is on 15 cu!
Pages: Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: