The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Moto Antenna  (Read 5860 times)
ZL1MHS

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:36 PM »

Alpha Moto Mobile antenna

Have read good things about this antenna and have sent two or three messages to the ARS store asking the following question but as of yet have had no reply, so was wondering if anybody here could answer my questions re this antenna.
 Obviously from reading the reviews the Alpha Moto mobile antenna system works very well mobile and I am considering buying one.. however I was wondering if it would be possible to use it also in a portable configuration possibly onto of a portable mast or tripod and also possible to enhance this by running ground radials from the base of the mobile antenna itself just below the coil where the antenna mount is?
 Anybody tried this or has any thoughts or comments about the performance of this antenna please?
  Many thanks
    Kevin
    ZL1MHS

N0TES

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:22:38 AM »

Hi Kevin -

Steve here, owner of Alpha Antenna. If anyone doesn't hear back within just a couple of hours after an email is submitted, please feel free to call us at 1-888-482-3249 (US) or 816-282-8234 (intl). Not sure why I don't get all emails, perhaps it is that spam filters are working a little too good. The Alpha Moto mobile antenna can be deployed as a portable system. At the www.AmateurRadioStore.com we sell the Alpha "Gold" edition, which is a combination package that includes the components to deploy the Alpha Antenna as a Mobile, Base, Vertical, or EzMilitary system. Just remember to add an Alpha Jam Mount to your purchase if you do not have a very similar type of mount already. Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions. My direct email address is support@alphaantenna.com.

Here is the image of the Alpha Gold edition:

73s,

Steve
N0TES
AE4X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »

Steve-
You have a great company and fantastic products. I use the alpha antenna portable system and DX contacts are plentiful!  Easy install and take down too
Couple questions on the MOTO however.... For the mount.....is there an alternative mount I can use other than the one sold which requires screwing into the metal of the car. I'd rather not do this to new car.  Or is there a good mounting option for use with a trailer hitch
Tnx and 73
Rob, AE4X
ZL1MHS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »

Hi Steve
Many thanks for posting here and could you please check the email from me I just sent.
N0TES

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:07:09 PM »

We do recommend the Alpha Jam Mount, for two reasons actually. You nailed the first one, which is because a direct bond is achieved with the four stainless steel screws after the holes are drilled. The second reason is the one you eluded to, which is the adversity many have about drilling into their vehicle. Perhaps you've seen the video for how to mount the MOTO and jam mount. If you haven't seen it then just scroll down and watch the video on this link https://amateurradiostore.com/all-alpha-antennas-c-2/alpha-moto-640-meters-rated-500-watts-is-tunable-on-6080-meter-p-292. The placement of the holes is what makes drilling holes easier for many, as they are hidden away where they won't be seen, even if you trade-in the car. I truly believe that drilling holes in this manner has less of an impact on the body of a vehicle than a magnetic mount would have, as it scratches paint with the grit from the road that accumulates between the magnet and the vehicles body. As for trailer hitch mounts, they act as a perch, and the number one rule about HF mobile antennas is to place as much metal mass directly under the antenna as possible. This is what using the Alpha Jam Mount will do.

P.S. I wrote you an email right back ZL1MHS. Feel free to write me at support@alphaantenna.com for fastest replies.

Thank you for your questions,

Steve/N0TES
Alpha Antenna at the www.AmateurRadioStore.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: