The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 9 will be free to Windows 8 owners says MSFT Indonesia President  (Read 44990 times)
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2014, 05:55:59 AM »

MS Office 2013 will run on Win7 and Win8/8.1.  I was able to take my MS Office 2000 all the way to Vista but with the newer machines, I had to get MS Office 2013. Great suite of programs and ran rings around my Office 2000.

I have one old 16 bit DOS amateur program that will not run under the Win7 or Win8 Command line. But after a year, I've learned to live without it. I still have my Vista machines that run very well, so if I need this old program, I can run it on them.

Pete, wa2cwa

Just install DOSBox.  You will be able to run your old DOS programs.  It is available for Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD, and other OSes.  Works great on my Windows 8.1 system as well as my MAC and Linux machines.  It runs all the old DOS programs I have tried perfectly.  You can even set the emulated clock speed for games and such.  

http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1
WA2CWA

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2014, 11:09:08 AM »

MS Office 2013 will run on Win7 and Win8/8.1.  I was able to take my MS Office 2000 all the way to Vista but with the newer machines, I had to get MS Office 2013. Great suite of programs and ran rings around my Office 2000.

I have one old 16 bit DOS amateur program that will not run under the Win7 or Win8 Command line. But after a year, I've learned to live without it. I still have my Vista machines that run very well, so if I need this old program, I can run it on them.

Pete, wa2cwa

Just install DOSBox.  You will be able to run your old DOS programs.  It is available for Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD, and other OSes.  Works great on my Windows 8.1 system as well as my MAC and Linux machines.  It runs all the old DOS programs I have tried perfectly.  You can even set the emulated clock speed for games and such.  

http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

Thanks for the info. I downloaded it and will give it a try.

Pete, wa2cwa
N4AAB

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »

If it wasn't for arduino/gemma requirements, my newest computer would have linux on it, Not Windows 8.1.

As for old computers, my desktop is Vista. And I have 5 Amiga computers I'm going to work on next year and get working. I prefer their advantages over the Windows computer advantages. If I had to keep a Windows computer, I prefer XP, But I don't have one.

N4AAB

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »

On a computer forum I hang out on, the word is that MS is going from Win 8.1 to Win 10, skipping Win 9.

K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2014, 08:38:55 PM »

On a computer forum I hang out on, the word is that MS is going from Win 8.1 to Win 10, skipping Win 9.

I'm running Win 10 now on my Surface Pro 3. Works fine.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2014, 05:49:30 AM »

On a computer forum I hang out on,
the word is that MS is going from Win 8.1 to Win 10, skipping Win 9.
OLD News.

Microsoft Windows 10 -- Technical Preview (ISO files)
Download the ISO, burn to USB stick or DVD ....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Highly suggest you install on a blank hard drive (not to your current OS and files).
Expectation for public release is 3rd quarter 2015.

w9gb
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:51:47 AM by W9GB » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: