The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest U.S. shortwave broadcaster kicks off this evening.  (Read 106131 times)
KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »

Their antenna pattern shows a strong S-E-W lobe propagation. Not much goes North.
 http://about.global24radio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/global24map.jpg
 Reception is clear, but not strong with some fading in Rochester, NY on my 100' inverted-L.
 I joined their Listeners club.
 Programming is pleasant. No fire and brimstone or precious metals sales.

K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 03:28:14 PM »

Their antenna pattern shows a strong S-E-W lobe propagation. Not much goes North.
 Reception is clear, but not strong with some fading in Rochester, NY on my 100' inverted-L.
 I joined their Listeners club.  Programming is pleasant. No fire and brimstone or precious metals sales.

Am reading that chart backwards? Looks like they're beaming north:

K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »

WRMI Transmitter #1 by Gates. Click on link for much closer views.

http://about.global24radio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_1397.jpg

K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »

unfortunately, Texas is in a fringe lobe
VK2NZA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »

I'm going to monitor this frequency here in North Eastern New South Wales, Australia to see if its coming in down under, a few early sub-tropical storms at present so antennas disconnected at present.
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 11:29:02 PM »

I finally heard the station, earlier this evening, on 9395. It was one of maybe three stations on the 31 meter band (auroral conditions).

Tuned in to Elton John's "Tiny Dancer", and then the DJ gave several IDs. Then into a sound collage on the taking down of the Berlin Wall.
KB0XR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 04:57:13 AM »

Looking over their website, I notice that for $49.95 one can become a special listener with more privileges.  I did join their free listener club.  I haven't heard them yet in Twin City Minnesota.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »

Heard my first two commercials an hour or so ago... for Universal Radio and something called Connector Zone.

These stations HAVE to be fronts for something. Acres of Florida land (perhaps only swampland) and many 100 KW transmitters with tall antennas in every direction.

Can anyone here think of a scenario where this station could ever turn a worthwhile profit? 
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 06:56:26 PM »

One eham poster, whose call I can't remember, thinks that the "private" American SW stn's are CIA fronts, meant to provide cover for data tx's to field agents. That ham claims to have heard data subcarriers on Melissa Scott's Caribbean Beacon outlet.

I tuned in to Global 24 around 0230z 11/7, and signal was S3 at the peaks on a Degen 1102 (out of 4 signal indicator lights), with deep fades that at times caused the signal to become inaudible. On the Icom 735, signal was S5-S7 on average with brief S9 peaks. That's with a G5RV Lite at about 30-40 ft above ground. Music was light jazz style piano music. My QTH is Sacramento, CA.

The signal definitely isn't as robust as some of the American religious stn's. I never listened to WYFR, so I can't compare it to that. If Harold Camping's ministry was some sort of CIA psyops experiment, with the station used as a front, then the CIA wouldn't like losing their investment in the Okeechobee tx site. Solution: Global 24.

Some of the religious stn's are so vitriolic in their supposed Christianity, and then there's the point-blank in your face hatred of "liberalism" and Obama, that one has to wonder if they're some sort of psyops experiment along with data subcarriers for field agents. But then again, people thought the Russian Woodpecker was a psyops outfit, since OTH radar was still secret.

Edit: the ham I referred to is KE7TMA, and here's a thread from 2013 where he talks about the subcarriers:

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,87840.45.html

I dunno if he still posts.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:24:47 PM by KJ6ZOL » Logged
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 07:36:42 PM »

Heard my first two commercials an hour or so ago... for Universal Radio and something called Connector Zone.

These stations HAVE to be fronts for something. Acres of Florida land (perhaps only swampland) and many 100 KW transmitters with tall antennas in every direction.

Can anyone here think of a scenario where this station could ever turn a worthwhile profit? 

The setup was owned by WYFR, Harold Camping's stn, Family Radio, and before that WNYW, Radio New York Int'l. I wouldn't be surprised if the Okeechobee site is a relic of the WNYW days. I know that the VOA tx at Delano, CA, was a Collins, probably at least 60 years old. I remember when the VOA broadcast BBC Spanish on 5995 khz, blowing Radio Havana's 6000 khz outlet out of the water. That bc originated from Delano. I have no idea why they would do such a thing, I think it was during Bush Jr's presidency so the CIA and/or WH probably were involved. The Cubans were so enraged that they started jamming BBC English tx's that were aimed at Africa but which could be received in the US, putting RHC, Radio Rebelde, and Alo Presidente (the ranting of Hugo Chavez, bc from Cuba since Venezuela didn't have a tx) on the air 5 khz away from the Beeb. Anyway, I do think that the CIA is deep in the operation of Global 24.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »

"The Okeechobee site is the largest privately-owned shortwave station in the Western Hemisphere, with 14 transmitters (most of them 100,000 watts) and 23 antennas beamed in 11 different directions around the globe.  We now have a studio and administrative offices in Okeechobee in the 16,000-square-foot transmitter building about 20 miles north of Lake Okeechobee.  The antennas and transmitters are located on a 660-acre site (that's one square mile of land) which is also used as a cattle ranch."

I wonder about the cost of insurance and upkeep on ONE SQUARE MILE of towers, elevated feedlines and Yagis in Hurricane Alley? For sure, Connector Zone commercials aren't paying the bills. Maybe it's all a front for massing anti-Castro cows.   

N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 02:55:41 AM »

barely hear them at 350am here in AZ. I know there is a signal there but thats it. E/W dipole and a 756proII

Dan
W9ALD

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 06:41:25 AM »

I have yet to hear it here in Southern Minnesota.

The mere presence of a signal is more important than it's magnitude.
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 05:42:18 PM »

The setup was owned by WYFR, Harold Camping's stn, Family Radio, and before that WNYW, Radio New York Int'l. I wouldn't be surprised if the Okeechobee site is a relic of the WNYW days.

WNYW never operated from Okeechobee.  WYFR built that site in 1977, operating both it and the old WRUL/WNYW site in Scituate MA for a couple of years before closing Scituate in 1979.

He speaks fluent PSK31, in FT8...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »

Not much luck receiving Global24 tonight... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn2d39ajL9Y&feature=youtu.be
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: