The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTSystems  (Read 3335 times)
N1DVJ

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »

Anyone know what needs to be done to move the RTSystems stuff from one computer to another?

I'm on a new machine and won't have access to the original CDs for a while.  I have the cables, well, the one I need, and wanted to get everything moved so I can use it.

Mike
N1DVJ
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:37:49 PM »

Anyone know what needs to be done to move the RTSystems stuff from one computer to another?

I'm on a new machine and won't have access to the original CDs for a while.  I have the cables, well, the one I need, and wanted to get everything moved so I can use it.

Mike
N1DVJ

If you own the Cd's why do you not have access to them? I have couple of RT System programs. I never got CD's. I downloaded the programs from their website and they gave me serial numbers and an install string.

Are you a legal owner of the software? If so, I suspect a call or email to them with get you the download URL and they will email you the serial and install number.

If you are not the legal owner why are you asking hams to help you pirate?

Stan K9IUQ
N1DVJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:12:32 PM »

I found my FT-817 cd but the FT-7900 wasn't with it.  I've been looking for it but seems I misplaced it.  Still looking though.

I bought both as CDs.  I put the FT-817 CD in the box the FT-817 came in, but I can't find the F7-7900 CD.  I have it on my other laptop, which is dying. 

I found a bunch of stuff in the registry, but I don't want to have to muck there. 

I'm surprised there isn't a 'migrate' utility.  I can hook up both drives to one laptop.
KJ6WSM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »

Mike,
Use Chirp instead of RT system if you only want to edit or add memory channels.
The best part is 'It's FREE'.

So if you need to down load radio data use your dongle supplied with RT System follow the directions on the Chirp splash screen and away you go.

I use Chirp on Window 7 and Linux Mint 17 platforms with a few problems but easily worked out.
(Linux had to USB permission problem but 'su' as root than run the program from CLI)

Mike
kj6wsm

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: