Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 60 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible

Info: info@hyendcompany.nl

More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

2E0TWG Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2019 19:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna! 3 band portable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Decided to buy the 3 band 100 watts maximum model. Could not be happier. Easy to tune and deploy. Used as a vertical on a 12m high spiderbeam fibreglass pole. The transformer is so light and small it's perfect for portable use. Even with the loading coil shortening the antenna length for 40m to just 11.8m it still made contacts from England into Europe with ease on the first go. Also DX worked on 40 to St Lucia and all this on my first evening using it. On 20m I worked into Ohio, Brazil and Puerto Rico all between 56 and 58 reports. 10 was closed but the first time using this has taken me by storm. All contacts made using 50 watts. A great piece of kit for portable ops. Check out the Hyendfed website for the portable 100 watt model where my YouTube video showing me using this has been posted by Ron. 73

AJ6IJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2019 17:31 Send this review to a friend
DX with QRP using a "Compromise" antenna.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm not sure where to start except to say wow! I bought this antenna for several reasons. The first reason was that I wanted to have some sort of commercial Baseline as I am a brand spanking new ham. Secondly I was advised to go to eham.net reviews for anything I wanted to buy regarding my new Hobby. I don't believe I found any bad reviews on high-end antennas. Now I know why.

I bought the Multi Band 80 M through 10 m short antenna. Yes short, it's only 15 and a half meters long. It was about the max I could possibly get up on my property. I put it up last Saturday and couldn't get the end with the matching network on it all the way up to my high point in the tree. I wanted to try getting out on the air though so I came inside and started fooling around with my kx3. I made a contact in Loveland Colorado.(I'm in Northern California) I found out that was Eleven Hundred Miles and realized also that I had accidentally changed my setting on my kx3 to 5 Watts. I was pretty happy with that.

The next morning I managed to get both ends of the antenna up to about 35 feet into the trees.(By the way, half a fishing pole and reel with a sling shot bungied to it works very well) I came back inside and got a contact in North Carolina and another one in Fredericksburg Virginia. Roughly 2,600 miles on both of those contacts. I had also made a contact in General Santos City in the Philippines that day. But because this was my first weekend of using a ham radio, and because the contact was so weak and so difficult to understand, I thought I must have made a mistake somehow.

Fast forward to this weekend. Two contacts to Japan two by two completely different operators where I was able to understand everything well and I heard them say the name of my call sign. Legit contacts in other words. Once again this was on low power. 15 watts. From California to Japan on 15 watts. This was more than I expected and everything I hoped for. Granted Japan and the Philippines are 99% over saltwater.

As I Am brand new to this hobby, this to me seems utterly fantastic. Maybe it is completely normal and I am just inexperienced. However, I think I can say that this product was well worth the money. The construction was 100% professional, and aesthetically pleasing as well. I would absolutely buy another high-end end fed antenna again. And last I can highly recommend the purchase of HyEnd's short 5 band antenna.

I thought for certain that with a quote-unquote short compromise antenna, I would get compromised performance as well. I couldn't have been more incorrect. I had almost forgotten to mention that all of these contacts were phone contacts.
Kirk, AJ6IJ

KC3LZT Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2019 19:49 Send this review to a friend
80-10m High Power Antenna -- Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the HyEndFed 80-10m EFHW antenna in October 2018. I mounted the matching unit high on a fiberglass mast in accordance with the instructions and I feed it with 125 ft of RG8X mini. The results have been fantastic. My wire is oriented NE-SW and in this configuration, I have worked most all of Europe, the US, South America, and parts of Africa. From my QTH near Philadelphia, PA, I don't hear much from the Pacific rim, but do occasionally hear 20m SSB phone transmissions from VK and other distant regions (especially on the DX net). I've worked all continents using digital modes and have worked every major desired region except for JA and VK on 20 m phone. I expect that when propagation conditions improve, I'll be working the entire world with no problems. I have the high-power version (up to 1500 watts) with the matching transformer elevated up ~30 feet, with the wire nearly horizontal from the matching unit. I typically run 500 watts for DX from the USA.

VA2DV Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2018 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Kort model review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the new Extra kort (short) model from Ron last week.
Basically a shortened, 4-bands 80-40-20-10 end fed.
The antenna is delivered at 53í but thatís for the lower part of 80m. I used mine in the phone dx window so itís even shorter at 47-48í. Installed as a sloper for a second story balcony to a nearby short tree. Performance on 10-20-40 is pretty similar to my Diamond HFV5 rotable dipole at 25í. The real gain is being able to use 80m from a microscopic lot. Donít expect full size dipole results but itís way better than most compromise antennas. It could be a nice option for apartment operators if a single nearby support is available. This is my third antenna from HYEndFed and Ron keep improving is product line and craftsmanship. This is the cadillac of end fed antennas.

M0IKQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2018 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Another winner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
3rd antenna from Ron - this time the mono for 17m.
Usual high quality materials. I've come to expect nothing less nowadays.

Performs superbly - now approaching FT8 DXCC on 17m in about 2 months.

I'm a fan boy - bite me...

K6TRQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2018 03:17 Send this review to a friend
two is better than one  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Always a struggle to find an ideal antenna for a variety of situations. First challenge was SOTA activations. I need something light that actually works. After trying a couple of different "compact" solutions, I decided to try the HyEndFed lightweight 4-band. Bingo. Very lightweight but well built. Easy to deploy on top of a summit, and it works well and handles 100W if I'm hauling a QRO setup.

With that success, I decided to ponder my home setup. We rent and don't have an ideal lot (though we are at the top of a rise near the coast), and have been using a Buddipole set up as a vertical resonant at 20m (no coil - extended length). It actually works well, but if I want to change bands I have to pull it down from the tripod, reconfigure, and tune. I also tried a Chameleon setup but that requires a tuner. Fine with my KX2 (that internal tuner is incredible), but my FT-991A didn't really like it so I'd have to run an external tuner. Since I have some tall trees on the lot I figured I might be able to do an end fed, so I bought one of the regular 5-band (80-10) setups from HyEndFed. Paid for expedited shipping and got what I paid for - overnight ;-)

I had set up my lightweight end fed as a test case, so I pulled that down and tossed my rope into the eucalyptus and pulled the 23m of wire (the 80m section is a coil and some wire at the far end). Strapped the box to the deck fence and hooked up the tuner to check it. Disappointed at 80M as it was about 5:1. I attribute that to the coil sitting in one of the trees and being too low. I had to run an inverted V in the side yard.

But the good news - every other band, including those that it supposedly isn't resonant at, had great to excellent SWR. Even 17m and 12m was below 1.5:1. 40m and 20m were about 1.1:1. No tuner needed, and now I can change bands at will. Win.

VE2TH Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2018 01:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product, and company  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much research and much studies, I decided to buy not one but two of these End-Fed antennas.

I ordered thursday morning, and receive it next tuesday afternoon. Very well packaged, and fast delivery, they shipped it via air and received it 5 days later.

I ordered two (2) of them. The monobander for 18 MHz (17 meter) 300 watts version. The second one is the 4 bands 100 watts version, 40/20/15/10 meters 66 ft long.-

I installed the first one (18 MHz). The feed box at 6 ft attached with tie-wrap to a small pipe fixed to my picnic table, and the end at 8 meters = 26 ft a top of my telescopic fiberglass mast. This one is from T-MAST CO, and it is the EXTRA HEAVY DUTY model.

So much that it does not cause my 9 meter fiberglass mast to bend Under the weight of the wire, Nice!!

First, I put the antenna analyser, RIG EXPERT AA-54 with 10 meter of RG-8X

FreqL 18.118 MHz center of the band
SWR 1:1
Z= 50.3 ohms + J 0.8 ohm
SWR under 1.1:1 through entire band, Really nice!!
-----------------------------------------------

The second one is the 40/20/15/10 meters 66 foot long Good news , because my lot at the back of the house is only 70 ft long, so I put the telescopic mast near the end of the lot while the feed box stayed at the same place,

Wow!! Again with the analyser the bandwith is really broad, the results are almost the same as the web site.

40 meters, 7.0 = 1.2 to 1.3

29.0 1.3
29.5 1.6
29.7 1.7
-------------------------------------------------

The quality of wire, is more flexible and easier to work with and the box is really robust with high quality fittings. By the way, I always roll my wire the way it was when I received it, it is easier to unroll and overtime, it doesn
------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

It is made of finest materials

Easy to put up, easy to tune, very well built, and it works very well with a low SWR.

Wonderful performance, Wonderful A1 quality, Wonderful Customer service.

Yes, they cost more, but are Worth the expense.

With my FT-817ND, I worked Uruguay 9217 Km and Paraguay ZP6CW 8157 Km, not bad for fair conditions.
Now I am going to try it portable this summer by the sea in the Maritime Provinces, and all around, and should be back with performance report, next autum.

Thumbs up to the company, and to the personal who take care to give the very best.

Oh! I like the strain relief for the wire and the connector protected with shrink tubing.

Another great idea, which is very useful , and for me it simplify the installation is the black square plastic with 2 holes large enough for the tie wrap to hold the box in place, whether to a tube or a balcony ramp, Genial!!!!

All the best
See you on the air,

72/73 Michel VE2TH

Always QRP

M0IKQ Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2018 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own 2 versions - 4 band classic for /P and a dual band 40/30 at home. Both work incredibly well at modest heights.
If I'm in your log 30m/40m, I was using one of Ron's wires :)
Well packaged and fast delivery.

You won't be disappointed if you buy one.

PB1A Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2018 05:11 Send this review to a friend
Best End Fed ever made!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After receiving my second antenna , im very happy with it.
Now, the 8 band 200 Watt aluminium plate is really heavy made.
No cheap plastic boxes, they have thinking about every detail in proces.
I can recommen every hams.

M0UMS Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2017 06:09 Send this review to a friend
My antenna of choice !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quite simply, the best antenna I have, and I have used a lot ! I have a 10/(15)/20/40 in the garden, the model with coil for 40m, and been using that for over a year with great success. So I decided to get the Ultralite Packet 100w 10/15/20/40 model for portable use. Its about 66ft long, and I've used it as a sloper from a 6ft pole. Contacts on 20m and 40m within a few minutes. Great customer service from Ron, and fast delivery from Netherlands to UK (ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday) !