Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 51 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

M0UMS Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2017 06:09 Send this review to a friend
My antenna of choice !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quite simply, the best antenna I have, and I have used a lot ! I have a 10/(15)/20/40 in the garden, the model with coil for 40m, and been using that for over a year with great success. So I decided to get the Ultralite Packet 100w 10/15/20/40 model for portable use. Its about 66ft long, and I've used it as a sloper from a 6ft pole. Contacts on 20m and 40m within a few minutes. Great customer service from Ron, and fast delivery from Netherlands to UK (ordered Sunday, arrived Tuesday) !

MM0HRL Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2017 05:50 Send this review to a friend
Superlative  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine is the ultra-light 4 band model. Its wire is the 6-copper strand incredibly strong Aramid-cored material with zero stretch - which has to mean the conducting material is not subject to the strain of its own weight, modest though that weight may be. It's like the wire is its own Catenary-Wire within its own insulating sheath.
The standard of construction is absolutely beyond any sort of reasonable criticism. I know the prices are high, especially for us in the UK with the approaching the Euro for exchange rates but that's hardly Hyendfed's fault. The components used are the best there is, and Ron's build quality is such that I've never seen anything to better it. He's a perfectionist.
Yesterday my club used my antenna for a lighthouses on the air event here in Scotland, for the Elie Ness Lighthouse. Conditions were indifferent but even so we made around 35 contacts all over the UK and also into Scandinavia and central Europe.
My impression is that it gives a reasonably omnidirectional pattern. In the past I've worked the Eastern seaboard of the USA and Canada with this antenna, using between 50 and 100w only since I don't possess an amplifier.
Usually I set it up for portable ops strung between two fibreglass masts - as a sloper, the high faraway end being either at or near the top of a 40ft GRP mast, and the lower end holding the transformer module up around 17ft or so.
I use it on 40m, 20m, 17m as a rule - since the higher bands are less open these days barring the odd bit of Sporadic E. Since the antenna's not built to work 17m I keep a matcher in line - on straight-through for any band NOT 17m, and click it into line for 17m - having previously used an analyser to set-and-forget the manual tuner (I'm not too keen on auto-tuners)
I don't feel disadvantaged by using this antenna rather than a centre fed type, although I'm about to experiment with a doublet feeding into Aramid wire detachable arms, connecting via Anderson Powerpoles. - those make assembling and packing away a portable antenna that bit easier.
An advantage that end-fed long-wire antennas have is the simplicity of erecting them. In simple terms it's easier to erect two masts than three - assuming you'd want to have your centrefed run as a flat topper rather than an inverted-V. And if you want a very simple set up, one mast would do it if you wanted to keep it as an almost-vertical sloper. I've not tried that so far.
This pattern of antenna is very popular in Holland, where the Hyendfed models come from. Lots of us have probably worked Dutch stations who were using one of Ron's antennas - or maybe a home brew version.
To sum up, if this antenna were to be lost/stolen etc, I'd buy another straight away - which has to be a testament to how I view it.

M0KED Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2017 07:54 Send this review to a friend
Very effective stealthy antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using a Hy-Endfed 4 band Ultralight for portable ops. I compared it A/B with my 4 band fan dipole, in almost all contacts the end-fed was 1-2 S points better, both TX and RX. I decided to replace the fan dipole with Hy-Endfed's 400w 4 band model, installed in an inverted V configuration, 7 meters high either end,and 10m at the centre.SWR below 1:1.3 on 10,15,20&40 meters, 17 tunes with the inbuilt ATU. In the 2 months I've had it installed it's allowed me to work countries I've not even heard before,for example the Falklands on 20m, and 17m with the FT dx3000's ATU, and on 40m Indonesia, the Maldives and Iran.
The build quality is excellent, as is Hy-endfed's customer care, any questions I had were answered by Ron's e-mail within hours. Ordered direct from Holland on the Thursday, it was in my hand the following Wednesday!
All in all I'm very happy with this antenna, very easy to install, works better than my previous dipoles and it's pretty stealthy too!

N3HKN Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2017 03:38 Send this review to a friend
Works At Bad Location  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Three floor condo. Radio stuff and the HyEnd balun box on the top floor setting on the windowsill. The 66ft of wire (40-20-15-10 model) runs down to a deck. The excess (about 50%) runs around the deck railing which is 12ft above ground. The product remains self-resonant on the 4 bands despite this compromised installation with less noise than an attic dipole.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2017 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Great 40m antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought an ACOM 1500 another Great product, using the IAC 40m DB no more than a 1.6 SWR at 7295, at the top end, no tuner needed, quite clear receive when the band is in, when the band is out can still pull the weak signals out of the noise, have tested many milt-band and single band antennas that covered 40m this is one of the best in A/B testing also takes high output, truly a fine antenna, also have the 75m IAC DB can say the same for that antenna, thou it is centered on 3900 will work 3800-3995 with low SWR no tuner needed, both antennas are built strong an to last a long time in this AZ heat. I used my first IAC 75m for 7 years gave it to a friend he has used it another 4+ year its still going strong, spent a lot of green stamps learning this lesson doing A/B, testing at this QTH! an had a lot of FUN doing so..............kb6hrt

NN9Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2017 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Very capable antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this antenna from the Netherlands about 3.5 months ago. I paid for regular shipping, but they shipped it via air and I received it in four days. Since then I have been astonished by its performance - exactly as advertised. SWR is below 1.3 on all bands - 10, 15, 20, 40, and a section of 80. Overall it performs as well as a very good Windom. I have worked Europe and South America almost every time I turned on my IC 7300 with the antenna strung between two trees at an average height of about 22 feet. A surprise to me. Great work Ron.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2017 18:04 Send this review to a friend
BEST END-FED MADE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have gone through several end fed antennas. My newest is the Hy End 40, 20, 15, and 10 meter 200 watt version. It's 53' long and is thrown over my roof at about 20 plus feet. This one is being used with a new Icon 7200. It works very nicely.

MM3IDR Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2017 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Erected my 10/20/40 antenna today. I had more QSOs in three hours after a contest (typically pretty quiet I think we would agree?) than I have ever had in one day.

Every signal report was good. The RX was very good and better than either my MFJ Mag Loop, or my vertical.

It's a thoroughly excellent antenna. Absolutely no doubt at all I will buy more of their products. Very impressed indeed.

M0UMS Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2016 10:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for small garden  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the 3 Band version (10/20/40) from Netherlands on Monday, and it arrived in the UK on Thursday morning. Easy to install, replaced my half size G5RV at about 20ft high in a horizontal position. Great quality materials and looks like it will last a long time. Shortened the wire at the coil end by 4cm to raise the resonant frequency as suggested by Ron (he actually suggested 3cm but thought I would go for 4cm). Supporting the matchbox at around 20ft by paracord to attchment on the chimney stack. Nice signals so far, SWR on 20M pretty flat on lower portion of the band, rising to about 1.4 at the top end. 40M pretty much 1.5 across the band. haven't tried 10M yet. Switched on the ATU on my KX2 and matched everything to an SWR of 1.1, even on 15M and 17M. Just waiting for band conditions to improve to really test this out. I really wanted to ask Ron some questions before purchasing, but could not find any sign of a contact email address on their website, which was a shame. Overall I am very satisfied.

PY1ZB Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 05:30 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed 40/20/15/10 QRP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm very impressed about quality of this antenna. I bought the 40/20/15/10m QRP antenna (ultralight), and as Ron oriented me, I put the network box about 3 meters above the ground, and the end of antenna at 6 meters high, in a slope design, using its original length size.

I got the following results:
40 meters (SWR best 1.1:1 , max 1.9:1)
20 meters (SWR best 1.1:1 , max 1.3:1)
15 meters (SWR best 1.2:1 , max 1.4:1)
10 meters (SWR best 1.3:1 , max 1.7:1)

That works so perfectly! This is a great antenna system. I recommend.
73 de PY1ZB (Roney)