Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 47 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2017 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Great 40m antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought an ACOM 1500 another Great product, using the IAC 40m DB no more than a 1.6 SWR at 7295, at the top end, no tuner needed, quite clear receive when the band is in, when the band is out can still pull the weak signals out of the noise, have tested many milt-band and single band antennas that covered 40m this is one of the best in A/B testing also takes high output, truly a fine antenna, also have the 75m IAC DB can say the same for that antenna, thou it is centered on 3900 will work 3800-3995 with low SWR no tuner needed, both antennas are built strong an to last a long time in this AZ heat. I used my first IAC 75m for 7 years gave it to a friend he has used it another 4+ year its still going strong, spent a lot of green stamps learning this lesson doing A/B, testing at this QTH! an had a lot of FUN doing so..............kb6hrt

NN9Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2017 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Very capable antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this antenna from the Netherlands about 3.5 months ago. I paid for regular shipping, but they shipped it via air and I received it in four days. Since then I have been astonished by its performance - exactly as advertised. SWR is below 1.3 on all bands - 10, 15, 20, 40, and a section of 80. Overall it performs as well as a very good Windom. I have worked Europe and South America almost every time I turned on my IC 7300 with the antenna strung between two trees at an average height of about 22 feet. A surprise to me. Great work Ron.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2017 18:04 Send this review to a friend
BEST END-FED MADE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have gone through several end fed antennas. My newest is the Hy End 40, 20, 15, and 10 meter 200 watt version. It's 53' long and is thrown over my roof at about 20 plus feet. This one is being used with a new Icon 7200. It works very nicely.

MM3IDR Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2017 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Erected my 10/20/40 antenna today. I had more QSOs in three hours after a contest (typically pretty quiet I think we would agree?) than I have ever had in one day.

Every signal report was good. The RX was very good and better than either my MFJ Mag Loop, or my vertical.

It's a thoroughly excellent antenna. Absolutely no doubt at all I will buy more of their products. Very impressed indeed.

2E0RDA Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2016 10:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for small garden  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the 3 Band version (10/20/40) from Netherlands on Monday, and it arrived in the UK on Thursday morning. Easy to install, replaced my half size G5RV at about 20ft high in a horizontal position. Great quality materials and looks like it will last a long time. Shortened the wire at the coil end by 4cm to raise the resonant frequency as suggested by Ron (he actually suggested 3cm but thought I would go for 4cm). Supporting the matchbox at around 20ft by paracord to attchment on the chimney stack. Nice signals so far, SWR on 20M pretty flat on lower portion of the band, rising to about 1.4 at the top end. 40M pretty much 1.5 across the band. haven't tried 10M yet. Switched on the ATU on my KX2 and matched everything to an SWR of 1.1, even on 15M and 17M. Just waiting for band conditions to improve to really test this out. I really wanted to ask Ron some questions before purchasing, but could not find any sign of a contact email address on their website, which was a shame. Overall I am very satisfied.

PY1ZB Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 05:30 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed 40/20/15/10 QRP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm very impressed about quality of this antenna. I bought the 40/20/15/10m QRP antenna (ultralight), and as Ron oriented me, I put the network box about 3 meters above the ground, and the end of antenna at 6 meters high, in a slope design, using its original length size.

I got the following results:
40 meters (SWR best 1.1:1 , max 1.9:1)
20 meters (SWR best 1.1:1 , max 1.3:1)
15 meters (SWR best 1.2:1 , max 1.4:1)
10 meters (SWR best 1.3:1 , max 1.7:1)

That works so perfectly! This is a great antenna system. I recommend.
73 de PY1ZB (Roney)

M0XGB Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2016 00:44 Send this review to a friend
Ideal for a small lot  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 11mtr version of this antenna which fits perfectly on my small bungalow. I have it installed in a sloping configuration with the feed end at approx 10 Mtrs and the other at 4 meters. I am convinced this is the best antenna I have had at this QTH and was more than surprised at how quiet the antenna was compared to dipoles that I have had up in the past. First contacts last night from UK into Ukraine, Italy and Malta all of which gave 5/9 reports in both directions. I can well reccomend this antenna if you are struggling for space which although is only a tri bander incidently tunes and appears to radiate on all bands 40-10m with and LDG AT100 Pro II Tuner.

K9DBV Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2016 13:35 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wonderful Performance! Wonderful Quality! Wonderful Customer Support.

I live in a condo so love low profile antennas. End-fed antenna are my favorite. I already had two HYend antennas for 40 meters and several PAR end fed antennas for other bands.

I ordered a special built 800 watt version of the four band 40,20,25, and 10 meter antenna so I could use my 600 watt amplifier AND also be able to operate other bands besides 40 meters without taking down one antenna and raising another..

I already owned two 40 meter only Hyend antenna and knew I would be getting top quality workmanship and performance.

My previous experience with other brand multiple band end-fed antennas had been disappointing as receive signal strength was usually 1.5 to 2 or more "s" units down compared to myHYend or PAR mono band end-fed antenna..especially my homebrew one based on a 9:1 UNUN.

No so with the four band HyEnd antenna. Compared to my QRO 40 model antenna receive signal levels were virtually the same the same.

Well worth the cost!

DJ7EC Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2016 15:02 Send this review to a friend
5 Band version - working great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
We had to move out of our house due to a water damage. Of course an antenna was needed at our temporary QTH so I decided not to take my equipment to build one with me but to order a Hyendfed from a German dealer. I read about those Hyendfeds earlier and thought this might be just another "wonder antenna". Well, nothing is further from the truth. Indeed the antenna is pricey but the quality is second to none. You get what you pay for and this antenna is certainly plug and play. I threw it from the balcony into the garden into a low tree and was on the air. SWR 1.1:1 on 80/40/20/15/10. Had a lot of DX QSOs in our 7 weeks stay there including EP2A on 3 bands and even VK0EK on 40m. A thing I didīt expect to happen. Wkd all continents easily with 100w and CW. Back home I installed the antenna in my backyard. Sloping down from the rooftop of my house to a 2.5m high pole. It is working fine on all 5 bands and a small LDG tuner does the job for the WARC bands and one sixty . I can highly recommend this antenna for people living in antenna ristricted areas. Mine is almost invisible. It replaced my old system wich consisted of an inverted L antenna with a CG-3000 in the feed point. It seems to pick up much less man made noise and I do get much better reports on Reverse Beacon Network. It is also pretty easy to build one by yourself, my Dad did, and is using it as a second antenna at his QTH. Even if I broke my habits for being a home brewer for many years I did not regret spending the money.

SV1HEP Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality Top Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
HyEndFed 8 band antenna for 80,40 (30) 20,17,15,12 and 10 meter 800watts !!

Yes. This model works amazing.
I placed this antenna with my uncertainty about the performance. I live in a city with plenty of electrical noise and lack of space for any other type of antenna I thought it would be nice to i try at last and this type of antenna.

So this is my review.
First of all Mr Ron makes a wonderful job. The constructing technique and materials it's a top quality.
After that in any question may you have about the products they him stay in customer side all the time any time to give any info and help.

The performance
I installed the antenna on the terace and about 5 meters high and totally horizontally.
My building is a five floors high and 45 meters long. My apartment is on one side and the antenna fits perfectly for the 39,5 meters of it's total length.

The SWR it's low in to the all bands as described by constructor sheets, and confirming that by my self with an SARK-110 Antenna Analyzer.

I need to cut some cm of wire because the antenna has the lower SWR in to the lower sides of bands.
Don't worry about cutting. The calibration effects in one all bands together without any bad surprise.

The results

What i can say. I have make contacts with a lot of DX station like VK0EK, FT4JA etc. If you like to see my last months contacts look in my call sign in qrz.com
No words to describe the performance.

So. For the final. This antenna performs excellent in mid bands, a little lower or same to dipole in lower bands, and same to dipole in high bands.
But who needs a roof full of wires when cover all ham bands with only one ? No one i believe.
I will only dwell on one point which I can not confirm if it is due to the antenna or as I describe above to my noisy city. Perhaps both.
Compared overall with a tuned dipole antenna the hyendfed is more noisy in the receiver. I believe that in the assets is the only drawback. Of course in areas with scarce electric city noise be completely different the overall noise level.

Finally
You have restricted space? Yoy need one wire for multi band operation ? You have an wild and angry neighbor who looks at your antennas with suspicion.

The solution is a nice Hyendfed antenna for all flavors.

Chris SV1HEP

p.s Forgive my poor English language. I speek Greek better. hi hi !