Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | True Ladder Line Help

Reviews Summary for True Ladder Line
True Ladder Line Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $00.60 cents per foot.
Description: Ready to install 600ohm open feed line.
More info: http://www.trueladderline.com

You can write your own review of the True Ladder Line.

KB7TT Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2019 23:42 Send this review to a friend
best solution for open wire line  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this line on my 80M vertical delta loop for 2 years, no isues. Just put up 200+ ft. of it for my new 160M dipole @ 90 ft. Superb quality, easy to work with. If I need more I will buy it.

KA5DJS Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2019 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Best Decision Ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to take the time to write this review for True Ladder Line. Recently we decided to build a 2 element beam. In doing doing so we selected True Ladder Line 600 Ohm. We would like readers to know that if you are thinking of making a switch to use ladder line (if you can) it will be the best decision you could make. The loss in the line is so negligible it is not even worth talking about. I can tune tune 160 - 6 meters with flat matches all the way across the spectrum. When building the antenna it was no more than 3 feet off the ground while doing some testing and I was working Europe on FT 8 very easily. Once I put this up about 20 feet if I can hear then I can definitely work them. This is only using the radio. I have tested this using 600 watts on the antenna with very negligible rise in SWR. Again nothing to really note since it never hits more then 1.2 to 1.3. If your thinking of ladder line I would highly recommend that you contact Brian at True Ladder line. I also ordered their Dacron rope for the antenna build which works very well. Very well pleased with the purchase and I will be purchasing more in the future.

KA1IS Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2018 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 600 ohm line  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past two years I have replaced all my 450 ohm window line with 600 ohm True Ladder Line. Quality is excellent. No problems. Slightly lower loss than window line and SWR doesn't change with rain. it looks cool too, like vintage wire antennas from early days of radio. Great customer service.

KA4JVY Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2017 08:55 Send this review to a friend
lasts in the Florida sun  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over two years ago I installed a TrueLadderLine 240' dipole near Tampa, Florida.
No problems.

OH5YU Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2013 12:08 Send this review to a friend
Worth the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had about 150 feet of True Ladder Line installed for over a year feeding a 160 m doublet. I am happy with the quality of this feed line and would buy again. I run 5 W to 1 kW through a tuner on all of the HF bands without problems. After having used this product, I will not go back to using window line on permanent installations any more. If velocity factor is important to you, I recommend actually measuring it before installing.

W6OU Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2012 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Ready to install out of the box  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have about ten palm trees on my Southern California property. Some of them are 70 ft high. Two of them are 210 ft apart and a third one is directly inline midway between the two. When I had the trees trimmed, I asked the tree climber to install a marine pulley and a long loop of double-braided polyester rope at the top of all three tree trunks. The rope loop reaches all the way down to the ground. I purchased the 240 ft dipole, shortened the ends, and raised the center and both ends with the three pulley ropes. I used 3-ft bungee tie-down cords from the hardware store at each antenna insulator end to handle the stretching force caused by tree swaying during high winds. The best part is the preinstalled spacers on the ladder line which minimized assembly of the antenna itself.

KD8IIC Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2011 21:57 Send this review to a friend
The Best You Can Buy.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed the 125' Doublet from True Ladder Line and am very well pleased.The spacing between spreaders is consistent @ 24 inches making it very easy to compute the odd 1/8th wavelength of feed line needed for easiest tuning.The wire is very flexible.Materials and craftsmanship are top-notch.
Making my own kept me from running open line for over a year.I bought enough to make another antenna or two.
The prices can't be beat.And a call to Charlie is time well spent too.