Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners/Matching Networks | LDG AT-1000 Pro II Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000 Pro II
LDG AT-1000 Pro II Reviews: 54 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $539.00
Description: Building on the success of the AT-1000Pro, LDG Electronics has refined and
expanded its flagship 1KW tuner. The new AT-1000ProII keeps many of the
same features of the previous model, but simplifies the operation. With the
two position antenna switch there are 2,000 memories that store tuning
parameters for almost instantaneous memory recall whenever you transmit on
or near a frequency you’ve used before. Just key and it tunes! The AT-
1000ProII will operate at any power level between 5 and 1,000 watts peak RF
input.

The AT-1000ProII has a large, easy to read bargraph with two selectable scale
ranges (100 and 1,000 watts) as well as SWR meter. The AT-1000ProII will
interface with many popular transceivers, enabling their TUNE button to
control the AT-1000ProII’s operation. Dedicated control buttons allow you to
fine-tune capacitance and inductance on those rare occasions when the AT-
1000ProII can’t find a perfect match by itself.

The AT-1000ProII will tune from 1.8 to 54.0 MHz continuously, and will
match an amazing range of antennas, from Yagis and dipoles to inverted-Vs
and slopers; virtually any coax-fed antenna from 6 to 1000 ohms impedance
(16 – 150 ohms on 6 meters). Tuning time is usually under 10 seconds. If
you’re transmitting near a frequency with stored tuning parameters, it will set
those parameters in under 0.2 seconds. Longwires or antennas fed with
ladder line require an external balun.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/17/67/1

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000 Pro II.

WY7CHY Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2019 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tuner for what it is  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For someone who bounces around the bands a lot; chasing DX or whatever; an auto tuner is important. My first comment is to take the reviews of people here; and other sites; with a grain of salt. There is nothing more frustrating than someone who gives a negative review, and tries to PAWN themselves off as some "Expert" and you're SUPPOSE to take their word for their recommendation. I.e. "I've had nothing but problems with this item. Whatever you do, DON'T BUY IT". Yet, 99% of the other reviews are showing positive reviews. But this one guy; thinks he's the authority and should be listened to. Read reviews. Take their comments/opinions. BUT... if they try and DIRECT YOU to "TAKE THEIR WORD, AND DON'T BUY THIS ITEM"; that automatically says, that person is an IDIOT.

I have manual tuners as well as auto tuners. I currently have an LDG AT-1000 (NON-PRO). I've loved using it. It only has 250 memories, which isn't a problem, but you have to hit the tune button manually each time you change. The new models; Pro and ProII will truly auto tune; and this model does a great job. I do have more money than smarts, so I buy a lot of stuff just for the hell of it. I use quite a few of the LDG AT-200Pro II's at work, so I thought I'd try the 1000ProII for home. So far it's exactly what it's suppose to be. I only do SSB, so 1000 watts is enough. My amps are only 300-400 watts for one; 800-900 watts for the other amp. One thing I LIKED about the Non-Pro model, is you can Factory Erase all memories. You CAN'T on any of the ProII's. A Manual Forced Tune will overwrite the existing settings, but you can start 100% fresh.

But once you get use to the tuner, especially how to TWEAK with Manual Cap/Ind adjustments; it's a really good tuner. One thing I don't like about any of these auto tuners is, the SWR Auto setting for a tune, can only be set for 1.7:1 swr. So, if I have it tuned for say 7.240mhz and it's set at 1.1 or 1.2:1 swr; but I go all the way down to 7.100, the SWR might jump to 1.5:1 swr and the tuner will use the existing setting for 7.240mhz. I have to manually add/subtract cap/ind to get down to 1:1. I'd like the SWR auto settings to be able to be set for 1:3:1. SOME of us actually have very good antennas and don't have to satisfy with 1.5+ swr. Other than that little thing (Which you can manually adjust for); the tuner is a solid performed. Especially if you can find one at a good price. Normal new is $480-$560. I found a source who gets items from places going out of business. I've dealt with him many times. He tells me whenever he gets ham radio, electronics, or other items I like. He got me this brand new AT-1000ProII, in the box unopened, for $390. Anyway; it's a very good tuner.

WG4R Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2018 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've used quite a few tuners over the years, but this one beats them all. I work my Flex 6600 with this tuner and normally with a small amp, about 800 watts, and the LDG AT-1000ProII interfaces well with the equipment with no problems. I would highly recommend it to anyone running a dipole antenna. Mine does have the optional meter. I love the thing! de wg4r

KD1GA Rating: 4/5 Jul 18, 2018 16:55 Send this review to a friend
Good Tuner Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased this tuner and I really like it. Once it has memorized a frequency it tunes pretty fast, although initial tuning is pretty loud. Tunes my off center fed dipole and 160 meter inverted L on all bands. Works well with my 7300 and AL-80B. Initially, I was a bit leery to purchase it, as some folks feel its impossible to use without the (discontinued)remote meter. I didn't find this to be the case; very easy to use once you understand the how the function button works and the LED power and SWR meters are fine. I do use it with a separate in-line analog SWR meter that really is needed for fine tuning. I did speak with LDG and asked why the remote meter was discontinued. They said they are working on a free firmware upgrade and a remote meter jack to USB interface cable to utilize computer based control and metering software. They said it should be released this fall. I need to add Gigaparts offers this tuner for $499.00 with shipping. I called DX engineering and they beat the price....shipped 489.00. You simply can't get a better 1000 watt auto tuner at this price. IMHO

N2XPM Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2018 08:56 Send this review to a friend
BEST TUNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have read the reviews prior to purchasing and I must say that this is by FAR the best tuner that I have owned in along time. My MFJ 939 auto tuner smoked a week or so ago. Having had a LDG tuner for my Yaesu FT 897 sometime back, I decided on getting the best of what LDG had to offer. KUDOS to LDG for putting a TANK of a tuner together. For the money, It's hands down the Best of the Best....

N4DJT Rating: 3/5 Dec 15, 2017 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Okay..not great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this tuner for two years and it does work but.. there are a few problems.
#1 you can't set the swr threshold below 1.7:1 and it seems to get confused with loads that are between 2:1 and 1.5:1
#2 The external meter, is good but the connector on the back of the tuner is WEAK - be careful.
#3 1000 watts PEP - Cw and Digital modes much much less. you can smoke this puppy.
#4 It does make one hell of a racket and can take quite a long time to tune high SWR's
am I happy with?.. meh
I bought a palstar manual tuner. but if you are tunning 500-800 watts SSB it works mostly as advertised.
Also was easy to make it work with all my Icom rigs right out of the box.

K2GAV Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2017 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Great value - automatic - space saving  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tuner has worked flawlessly for me for about 3 years. I like the 2,000 memories and automatic tuning over a wide range of mismatched impedances. While the operation is not intuitive due to having multiple functions per button, once you learn how to operate it, you're good to go. The multisegment LED meters are a bit dated and I'd have used different colors as the scale increases. However, they do the job. One thing I don't like is how if you go into bypass mode, then back into operate mode, it drops out of automatic recall of tuned settings. You don't know that unless you click the two function switch to turn on auto mode. The various LED display patterns indicating issues are cryptic. All in all, I'd buy it again. Which I could have given it a 4.5 star rating.

N6KP Rating: 4/5 Nov 10, 2017 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Great BUT  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After downsizing shacks I decided to look at automatic tuners. I have had MFJ,Palstar mechanical tuners and decided to treat myself.
First thing, BUY the meter! The mumbo jumbo series of LED's are a nightmare to decode. LDG should look at the many alfa numeric displays for less than $5.00.
The unit does what it is supposed to do. Tunes quickly and remembers settings. Just remember to keep the amp in standby otherwise it might smoke if it tries to tune 800 watts.
The meter is great to look at but remember to keep the meter in the FWD mode if in the SWR mode it will show zero and this might startle you on the air as it did me. For the price it is less than the big MFJ and Palstar units.

KR6AUL Rating: 4/5 Nov 6, 2017 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Tuner Good, Customer Service Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned this tuner for a few months. It has been passed down from 4 different hams. Right after I got it, it froze and would not tune. I sent it in to LDG and they fixed it for free. Say what you will about the item but any part that has the manufacturer stand behind it and fix it for free after a few years of use is great in my opinion. I would definitely but an LDG product in the future. The only reason I did not rate a 5 is due to the noisiness but other than that, it is a great product.

K6YEK Rating: 1/5 Oct 10, 2017 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Bad Choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought tuner in Aug 2013. Sent it in for repairs in early 2014 as it wouldn't tune on 10m - LDG found nothing wrong. Sent it back for repairs again in Aug 2014 for the same issue. LDG again didn't find anything wrong, but sent back a new unit. This replacement unit worked ok for 3 years.

Now the unit won't consistently tune in Auto Mode, won't initiate a Manual Memory Tune at all and the L/C Up/Dn buttons only work sometimes. Also, the Auto Threshold never did work - set it at 1.7 and tuner would not re-tune unless the SWR was >2.5 when in Auto Mode.

During all this time, I have consistently tuned only at 20 watts with amplifier in standby or off and had the unit in semi-auto mode when using an amplifier (900 to 1000 watts). Also had a RF choke on the power lead based on suggestion from LDG.

My LDG tuner used with my mobile rig works great.

Now looking for a tuner that will work.

AK9S Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2017 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Highly recommended...

PROS
- economically priced
- small footprint (not too tall)
- remembers previously tuned frequencies
- faster to tune from memory than a Palstar HF-AUTO
- second to none customer support

CONS
- will not always tune to lowest SWR, but close

I used mine for 2.5 years and accidentally ran a 600W dead carrier into the tuner on 160M during a QSO. The electronics failed in the tuner, but in doing so, it still kept a flat match to protect my amplifier.

After sending it for repair and knowing most LDG repairs do not exceed $50, I was pleasantly surprised LDG sent me a brand new one in a sealed box. Their Technician wrote "unit unrepairable" on the zero dollar invoice.

The warranty had expired several months prior. Do I need to say more about this exceptional Company?