Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-1000 Pro II Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000 Pro II
LDG AT-1000 Pro II Reviews: 48 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $539.00
Description: Building on the success of the AT-1000Pro, LDG Electronics has refined and
expanded its flagship 1KW tuner. The new AT-1000ProII keeps many of the
same features of the previous model, but simplifies the operation. With the
two position antenna switch there are 2,000 memories that store tuning
parameters for almost instantaneous memory recall whenever you transmit on
or near a frequency you’ve used before. Just key and it tunes! The AT-
1000ProII will operate at any power level between 5 and 1,000 watts peak RF
input.

The AT-1000ProII has a large, easy to read bargraph with two selectable scale
ranges (100 and 1,000 watts) as well as SWR meter. The AT-1000ProII will
interface with many popular transceivers, enabling their TUNE button to
control the AT-1000ProII’s operation. Dedicated control buttons allow you to
fine-tune capacitance and inductance on those rare occasions when the AT-
1000ProII can’t find a perfect match by itself.

The AT-1000ProII will tune from 1.8 to 54.0 MHz continuously, and will
match an amazing range of antennas, from Yagis and dipoles to inverted-Vs
and slopers; virtually any coax-fed antenna from 6 to 1000 ohms impedance
(16 – 150 ohms on 6 meters). Tuning time is usually under 10 seconds. If
you’re transmitting near a frequency with stored tuning parameters, it will set
those parameters in under 0.2 seconds. Longwires or antennas fed with
ladder line require an external balun.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/17/67/1

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000 Pro II.

N6KP Rating: 4/5 Nov 10, 2017 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Great BUT  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After downsizing shacks I decided to look at automatic tuners. I have had MFJ,Palstar mechanical tuners and decided to treat myself.
First thing, BUY the meter! The mumbo jumbo series of LED's are a nightmare to decode. LDG should look at the many alfa numeric displays for less than $5.00.
The unit does what it is supposed to do. Tunes quickly and remembers settings. Just remember to keep the amp in standby otherwise it might smoke if it tries to tune 800 watts.
The meter is great to look at but remember to keep the meter in the FWD mode if in the SWR mode it will show zero and this might startle you on the air as it did me. For the price it is less than the big MFJ and Palstar units.

KR6AUL Rating: 4/5 Nov 6, 2017 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Tuner Good, Customer Service Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned this tuner for a few months. It has been passed down from 4 different hams. Right after I got it, it froze and would not tune. I sent it in to LDG and they fixed it for free. Say what you will about the item but any part that has the manufacturer stand behind it and fix it for free after a few years of use is great in my opinion. I would definitely but an LDG product in the future. The only reason I did not rate a 5 is due to the noisiness but other than that, it is a great product.

K6YEK Rating: 1/5 Oct 10, 2017 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Bad Choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought tuner in Aug 2013. Sent it in for repairs in early 2014 as it wouldn't tune on 10m - LDG found nothing wrong. Sent it back for repairs again in Aug 2014 for the same issue. LDG again didn't find anything wrong, but sent back a new unit. This replacement unit worked ok for 3 years.

Now the unit won't consistently tune in Auto Mode, won't initiate a Manual Memory Tune at all and the L/C Up/Dn buttons only work sometimes. Also, the Auto Threshold never did work - set it at 1.7 and tuner would not re-tune unless the SWR was >2.5 when in Auto Mode.

During all this time, I have consistently tuned only at 20 watts with amplifier in standby or off and had the unit in semi-auto mode when using an amplifier (900 to 1000 watts). Also had a RF choke on the power lead based on suggestion from LDG.

My LDG tuner used with my mobile rig works great.

Now looking for a tuner that will work.

AK9S Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2017 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Highly recommended...

PROS
- economically priced
- small footprint (not too tall)
- remembers previously tuned frequencies
- faster to tune from memory than a Palstar HF-AUTO
- second to none customer support

CONS
- will not always tune to lowest SWR, but close

I used mine for 2.5 years and accidentally ran a 600W dead carrier into the tuner on 160M during a QSO. The electronics failed in the tuner, but in doing so, it still kept a flat match to protect my amplifier.

After sending it for repair and knowing most LDG repairs do not exceed $50, I was pleasantly surprised LDG sent me a brand new one in a sealed box. Their Technician wrote "unit unrepairable" on the zero dollar invoice.

The warranty had expired several months prior. Do I need to say more about this exceptional Company?

KE8GPN Rating: 2/5 Jul 1, 2017 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Would not tune 6 meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The LDG AT-1000 Pro II failed to tune an SWR just below 3.1 on 6 meters. Two separate units were tried. They were able to tune a high SWR on 80 and 160 meters with no issue.

Both LDG units were returned and a Palstar AT2KD tuner was purchased. The Palstar had no problem tuning to 1:1.

WW8X Rating: 4/5 Feb 19, 2017 12:21 Send this review to a friend
A Learning curve – but is works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The change from using a Drake MN-2000 to the AT-Pro II was a learning curve. Without the four-part series of helpful videos posted on Youtube.com, I’d probably be still struggling to figure this thing out. So far the unit performs as it was designed. The AT-Pro II tunes my multi-ban, end-fed wire and multi-band trapped vertical quite easily. And yes, it recalls the frequencies it has already tuned on each antenna very quickly with a button push – amazingly cool.

When using amplifier power you need to use Semi-auto mode vs. Automatic mode to insure the tuner doesn’t begin an auto tuning cycle in high power. It’s important to keep the amplifier in 'stand-by' until all tuning in low power is complete. The optional ICOM interface cable allows my icom and tuner to work together – very handy. As others have said the optional analog meter is great and you should purchase it as well!

On the negative side, the owners ‘manual’ is disappointing, being nothing more than some single color printed sheets stapled together and not really user-friendly (You'll need to watch the Youtube videos if you’ve never used on of these devices). I also wish the AT-1000 Pro II had an extra antenna port to connect a dummy load to allow peaking the amplifier off air.

KD4AVP Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2017 22:59 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second LDG. Had the AT11-MP some years back with my FT847. Was impressed with that tuner then. Moved on to a different HF rig and various wire antennas. The internal tuner on the FT920 I am using now sometimes just struggled with my end fed wire. Used a manual external tuner with no problems in loading. Now added the amp...and I am tired of turning knobs to tune. Guess I am getting lazy in my later years. The 1000 ProII just flat out works like a dream. Loads the end fed anywhere...even on 160. Kick in the amp and it just adjusts so fast you would not even notice it if not for the latching relays doing their thing. Easy to use right out of the box. Took me longer to hook it up than it did to learn to use it. Works almost identical to the older LDG previously used. Well built...and has a nice clean professional look to it. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Will add the external watt meter at some point.

KK6YO Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2016 22:58 Send this review to a friend
LDGTM 1000PRO Tuning / Quality issues  Time owned: more than 12 months
I read some of the reviews asking what all the buttons do. I had the same question when I first bought My 600PRO. After reading the manual I still was not sure what they did and how they worked. Honestly, it took some time and experimenting around before it dawned on me that mostly everything made seance after playing with the tuner. I have my IC-300 hooked up to the 1000 after using the 600 for about 1 and 1/2 years. anyway, both tuners are setup the same. 4 of the buttons on the tuner just adds and subtracts capacitance and inductance. This can be done by putting the radio in cw - meter in cw - and pressing the key at around 25 to 40 watts. If you have a slightly elevated vswr you simply press one of the 4 buttons up or down to get a close to perfect match. ( this is done after you went through the normal tuning process),. I know this is kinda wordy but at the end of the day if all your antenna cables are connected tight both on the amp - radio - tuners you should get a good match every time. Just make sure you are tuning the antenna with out the amp on as a high vswr on high power can damage most tuners.

Jerry - KK6YO

KK6YO Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2016 18:49 Send this review to a friend
High Quality Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Straight up. This tuner works great. I have just upgraded to the 1000 PRO II last week from a LDG 600 Pro. I have been using this tuner (600) for the last year and had no issues in quality and workmanship. Before I purchased this tuner from HRO, I contacted LDG regarding a cable question and was pleasantly surprised of how I was treated over a 19 dollar cable. This company will go out of their way to help you no matter how small the issue is. As far as the product is concerned, It works like a champ. The quality controll is fantastic. And switching out the 600 to the 1000 PRO II was very easy, I have used this tuner by running a coax to a 1.1 BALUN through 300 ohm tv twin lead 25 feet into a inverted v 45 feet per leg out of a fiberglass flag pole with fantastic results. This tuner is something that all ham radio operators should have in their shack where a tuner is needed, I think most importantly, customer service is their key to success. Great Company and Great product. Remember to read the manual if you are a first timer with this and any product you buy and do your research on anything you buy first,
Thank you LDG not only for a great product but great service as well.
73 - KK6YO

N4ALT Rating: 0/5 Nov 25, 2016 07:25 Send this review to a friend
garbage  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had nothing but problems with this tuner!!!Do yourself a favor and buy something else!! I have other ldg tuners which work perfectly but this one is junk.Im going to send it back to them I could never get it to work right ever.Im sorry i wasted my money on it.Buyer be ware!!! over complicated garbage!!!