Reviews Categories | Microphones for ham radio | MXL BCD-1 Help

Reviews Summary for MXL BCD-1
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$169.95
Description: Broadcast dynamic microphone
More info: http://MXL.com

You can write your own review of the MXL BCD-1.

K6EB Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2018 11:15 Send this review to a friend
Broadcast Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been a licensed Amateur Radio operator for over 25 years. It's all about the Specs. Do a tit for tat comparison. There is little difference between this microphone and it's counterpart in the Heil and Electrovoice line up. In fact there is a demonstration video where the three are compared by a professional radio announcer without any equalization, and the MXL BCD-1 actually out performed the others in my opinion. I use it with the Boom scissor stand that CAME WITH THE MICROPHONE for under $200. It also included a windsock and a really nice case for the microphone. I use it with an ICOM 7300 transceiver and most people I talk to hear a noticeable improvement. This mic has tremendous side rejection, so it won't pick up anyone but the announcer. I am an audiophile and I give this broadcast microphone my highest recommendation without hesitation.

KC7OV Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2012 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking to buy the RE-20 but seen this on Amazon`s website so I decided to give it a try.Very nice look and quality feel and sounds great on my KW TS-870.