Reviews Categories | Ham Logging Software | Log4OM by IW3HMH Help

Reviews Summary for Log4OM by IW3HMH
Log4OM by IW3HMH Reviews: 64 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: Complete logging software. CAT support for local and remote radio. QRZ/HAMQTH lookups. Visual cluster over world map with CW/PHONE filters integrated with HRDLog propagation maps by band. Label print. Voice parrot. Supports EQSL/LOTW/HRDLOG up/download. Fully searchable and exportable log (adif/csv/pdf). Statistics. Basic contest support. Works with local DB or MySQL for multi-op and much more...
More info: http://www.log4om.com

You can write your own review of the Log4OM by IW3HMH.

OZ1W Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2018 05:33 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used LOG4OM for several years. Very easy to set up and to use. Incredible functionality and integration with other programs. Have just started to use Winkeyer - wish I had done so years ago. And great support from G4POP and the development team - both the forum, excellent help and YouTube videos. And it's free. Thanks guys.

KE0GXN Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2018 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Its free!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like it a lot so far. I use it to keep my QRZ, LoTW, eQSL and Clublog logs up to date. I am not a contester (at least not yet), so it works great for me.

My only gripe is their help forum is very clunky and at least for me difficult to run searches on for topics I need help with. I made the mistake of asking a question in their FB group and was "curtly" directed to the forum. So good luck with that...

Luckily for me I know a local amateur who is very knowledgeable on Log4OM and has helped me out when I have needed it.

With that said, I still rate it a 5 just because once you figure it out....it works great!

W6UV Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2018 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Logging Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a full-featured logging program to replace HRD and found Log4OM.

Initial install failed, so I removed it, installed some pending Windows 7 updates, and tried again. This time the program installed okay, but would crash when starting up. I suspected this was due to remnants left over from the first failed installation attempt. A post to the Log4OM forum brought a quick response from G4POP who told me which files to delete. I deleted the files, reinstalled, and Log4OM has been rock solid ever since.

Creating a log database and importing a log from an ADIF file is dead easy and takes all of about two minutes. I updated the country file before importing my log and everything imported without error. Getting QRZ.com, eQSL, and LoTW interfaces set up is also quick and easy.

My favorite feature of the program is its interface to the DX spotting cluster. It highlights any country I have either not worked yet or don't have confirmed with a different background color. Ditto for countries I have not worked on a particular band and/or mode. This highlighting makes it very easy to tell at a glance which spots I need to pay attention to.

Another nice feature is the tree-structured view of the DXCC countries list. I can tell at a glance which countries I've confirmed, worked but not confirmed, or not confirmed. Expanding each country shows which contacts were worked by band. Cool, and very useful. It also keeps track of statistics for DXCC, WAS, WAZ, etc.

It integrates with rigs via Hamlib or OMNIRig, with various antenna rotators, and with Winkeyers. All of this works seamlessly. It also has a built-in com server that allows it to accept logging requests from programs like JTAlert and Fldigi.

There's a lot more to the program than I described above, but I've only scratched the surface so far and continue to discover functionality I didn't know existed. Log4OM is a worthy replacement for HRD. Highly recommended. The fact that it's completely free is icing on the cake.

VE2DC Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2017 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Great so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Reading some of the complaints, I must confess, I don't get it. I doubt it took 5 minutes each to set up with 3 different rigs. In fact I set up my primary rig both with Hamlib and with Omni-rig to evaluate the two interface methods. I should add, I was already using computer interfacing with my 3 radios so I didn't have to revisit the hardware and drivers configuration. Omnirig, in particular, is dead easy to set up. And can't see how it could be easier as all you need to specify is COM port, baud rate and such, the same as every other interface I have used. First thing to note, all radios are Icom so perhaps others are more complex and I just installed the latest release 1.30.0.0.

If anyone has issues interfacing Icom. I might be able to help. ve2dc at rac dot ca.

Good luck.

PG8M Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2017 18:57 Send this review to a friend
the Best logger  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent piece of software with lots of useful options displayed in a nice graphical way.

Extensive documentation including many Youtube howto's and an active support forum.

Regular updates and a 2.0 version in the make.

Been using it for a few years now and its all i ever needed in hamradio logging.

And best of all, its for free

ON3NAD Rating: 4/5 Sep 23, 2017 12:36 Send this review to a friend
great but missing a needed option  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
did use log4om a while , program is great but sadly the procedure to switch log db's is taking too much time ( switch , save , close, reopen)..

one point for hrd is the quick change in DB's.

for the other parts i do like log4om more

W2MJP Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2017 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Logging Program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a great logging program with excellent help support and its FREE. If you have any questions or problems the Log4OM team is there to help. It has many great features and is nice to look at on the monitor. Fully customizable and easy to use. Great job guys.

G4LDS Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2016 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Great progam  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used several logging software programmes and I find Log4OM is the easiest yet to use!
Ok I do not (yet) use the CAT for my radios but maybe i will later its just I prefer using manual radios.
Layout is easy to use.
The logging is great for my usual contacts, Contests are a doddle to log
Full support from the forum & Facebook pages with very quick email from the "admin" team.
I would recommend this to anyone looking to use a log programme
And how much for the software & support? Even better Zilch (OK you can make a donation to help development costs).
Go on you know it makes sense
Chris G4LDS

N2RJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2016 12:44 Send this review to a friend
A decent replacement for HRD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I came from HRD. I also tried DXLabSuite, which was simply awful. HRD was nice but then became commercialized, while itself not a problem, didn't really seem to give me much value for money.

Then I decided to give Log4OM a try.

It is not perfectly laid out I must admit but it seems decent enough. It can use hamlib or OmniRig to connect to CAT on your rig.

I like the cluster features and this one actually works. It can filter out band slots I don't need and also alert me to NPOTA activations which I did not find in other packages.

Log entry is fast and intuitive. If you make a mistake it is easy to understand why and correct it.

LoTW and eQSL, QRZ and ClubLog are all fine and they work properly.

Speed seems fine. I use a MySQL backend, which I had also used with HRD.

So not perfect but good enough that it will earn 5 stars anyway.

KI5IO Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2016 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Application  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been working with Log4OM for over six months now and continue to be amazed at the capabilities and support provided by the developers and other users on the reflector.

I had been using an application that is fundamentally good, but needs a lot of updating to get past 'just logging' a Q. It works well for that, but I'm just not sure about future development.

That put me on the mission to try some other apps and I did just that and have settled in with the great folks at Log4OM.

I have not even tapped all the capabilities with the current release and as I do try a new option it is very "eye-opening" for me.

Any questions or hiccups I've come across are quickly addressed and excellent support provided by everyone on the reflector.

I did not have any issues with my initial CAT connection to my Elecraft K3 ... others had noted some problems with that ... I did not.

I also just updated my K3 with the new I/O that provided the USB option and the adjustment with Log4OM was smooth as silk.

I'm finally starting to integrate some digital Q's to my efforts and don't see where I'll have any problems in how Log4OM works with the various digi applications.

This is a great application, support is extraordinary and they are always working on updates and advancements with the program.

Stay tuned for some great advancements with this application over time.