Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Reviews: 174 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $530
Description: A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
More info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX.

SP7PKI Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2019 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Excelent build quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi dear,
Antenna in our radio club over two years, absolutely no problem. Exclusive antenna with good price, very High Quality components.
Waldi is providing excellent services in the case of any problem.
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions, fast shipping
We recommend!
See U on the Air !!! `73

DB9RZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2019 21:11 Send this review to a friend
My new HEX-BEAM is great !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like using wire-antennas espacially wire-beams. After some homebrewed structures I bought a HD Beam with about 10m size. This beam had good performance; yes had, because a strong storm swept it off the roof. Now I was looking for a new antenna and I found Waldis Hex-Beam. Main advantage is size and performance. So I decided to go with a HEX-Beam, but there are several suppliers and the option to build it by myself. If you check out the offers you see that Waldis Beam is with high quality materials. No chance to build it in that quality by myself. I ordered a HD Mark III and had to wait for a long time. Because it was Autumn and Winter this was not a big problem, but it was a long time ;-)
I received a safe and well packed box with all components. It is a pleasure to see all things and it is real fun to put the things together; having seen a youtube video in advance there is no need for a detailed description. All things fit perfect and the quality is real high!
No it is time to put the antenna on the roof top and beam the sky ...

SP5APW Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2019 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for dxpeditions!  Time owned: more than 12 months
First time I met SP7IDX Hexbeam on S79C IOTA expedition (AF-119NEW) in 2015. This antenna worked so well that I wanted to buy it for my personal IOTA activations. So, I did it and have been using my own Hexbeam soon on the next trips to XU (XU7AKC, AS-133, 2016), HP (H84JK, NA-088, 2016), DU (DU9/SP5APW, OC-235, 2017), 3W (3W9JK, AS-162, 2018 and XV9JK, AS-157, 2019). Never experienced any issue with the Hexbeam although it was assembled and disassembled many times as well as traveling by planes many thousands miles.
The Hexbeam is a relatively lightweight multi-band beam having quite small footprint and needing only single feeder. This antenna has very good (low) SWR and can be build by one person, requiring a small assistance only during lifting it up.

LZ1ZJ Rating: 2/5 Apr 24, 2019 11:44 Send this review to a friend
No more than 500-600W  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have never been able to understand the people who are committed and unable to meet it within the time they have taken. The case of our Waldi is exactly the same, although the delay was "only" for 3 months. I have long ago got this antenna , I installed it just 6 years ago, on April 23, 2013.There are 3 repairs made, the last of which was general!
3 times the insulated lining of the active element and the reflector have been burned. And there is no other way to be in this part we have the maximum voltage. Other manufacturers such as Anthony MM0IZE put in this place mini insulators that do not allow spark transfer.
Another weak spot on this antenna is the center rod insulator, where it contacts the active part of the elements. I ordered them to be made a lot more solid i.e.- teflon.
I changed absolutely all the yellow ropes with MASTRANT 2.0 mm.
During the last de-mouting of the antenna, October 2018, I noticed micro cracks on a lot of rods.
In conclusion, I can not give this product a score of more 2, especially focusing on use and with high power levels. My recommendation for a stock antenna, do not run at more than 600 watts.

DK2BE Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2019 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Storm damage  Time owned: more than 12 months
Update - after 3.5 years up in the air my hexbeam came down in an gale force storm but there was no damage at all. Everything survived except one of the small black element clamps. After five days Ive got replacements ( more than enogh, hi )by Waldi free of charge.
Thumbs up, Waldi - thanks again.

SO5BCT Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2019 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna :)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As soon as I learned how this antenna works, I knew - I must have it at my place.
It is light but at the same time very strong. Very well made and very good materials from which it was built. Despite several hurricanes, he works perfectly without any problem. Perfectly tuned and works great where we want without ATU. Now I hear DX. It has been suspended for 8 months on a mast 8 meters above the ground. I have trees around her but it does not bother her.
Every time I have to work with her, I do it with great pleasure. I recommend to everyone - Hexbeam antenna made by Waldek SP7IDX, which works great on 20-6m bands.

DM1TW Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2019 15:24 Send this review to a friend
GREAT support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Had a break of the mast in a storm, which broke one fiber pole. Quick mail to Waldi, immediate reply. Three days later I had the spare part in hand with international transport from Poland to Germany.
Excellent support!!

DM1BM Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2019 18:52 Send this review to a friend
FB antenna, UFB quality  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Easy installation which went absolutely smoothly. No parts missing, very good build quality! I can highly recommend this antenna if you are not in a hurry. Dziekuje Waldi.

OE3DSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2019 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality and Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the new model HEXBEAM MARK III HD.
Exactly 6 months after ordering the antenna arrived well packed.
Only high quality materials were used and the parts make a very stable impression.
The pipes and wires are all finished in the right length and waterproof.
The assembly is therefore very easy and done in a few hours.
The SWR is below 1: 1.5 on all bands and the antenna works very well.
I highly recommend the Hexbeam from SP7IDX!

LA4GPA Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2019 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Awesome beam  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is first of all a great beam covering 20 to 6m and the communication with Waldi is always a pleasure.
Quality strong parts and easy to put together.
Always helpful, fast shipment and recently the new years storm broke my mast and a spreader broke when the beam (upside down) hit the hard ground.
Within few days I got replacement spreader and som extra parts from my friend, Waldi....this is great for future "accidents" to know we are dealing with someone who really cares.
Can really recommend anyone to shop from SP7IDX.