Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX
Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX Reviews: 182 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $530
Description: A professionally engineered High-Quality,Heavy Duty, Light
Weight, Plug and Play no tuning necessary SIX amateur radio
bands 20-17-15-12-10-6 meters broadband hexagonal beam wire
antenna.Easy and quick to assembly. Made from high quality
components. Antenna designed by G3TXQ and made by SP7IDX.
More info on his website.
More info: http://sp7idx-hexbeam.eu

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: G3TXQ by SP7IDX.

EI2HI Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2019 02:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this antenna over one year now..Its installed on a tiltover mast that extends up to 36ft. To date I must say that I am very happy with this antenna. It has survived very strong storms over the last winter as I am in an exposed location here in the south west part of Ireland. The antenna is well constructed with good quality components and parts. Assembly is straight forward and I found that all correspondence with Waldi was prompt and informative. The antenna performs very well on all bands and has lived up to my expectations. So if you are prepared to wait some time after making the order, I highly recommend this SP7IDX Hexbeam antenna.

SP9XWW Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2019 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Hexbeam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very good workmanship from durable materials. Rich assembly instructions, mainly photos. Easy assembly. Good wind resistance. The size is impressive. :) Efficiency of improving station reception by +10 dB (FT-8) compared to the wire antenna Delta type by SP7LA. A good choice as a directional antenna. I recommend Waldi's construction.

MM3AWD Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2019 07:29 Send this review to a friend
Opens a new world  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my SP7IDX Mark 3 Heavy Duty Hexbeam from Waldi just 1 month after ordering.
When it arrived i put it together in a few hours and had it on the mast that day.

Construction was very simple, with easy to follow instructions sent by email when the antenna is dispatched.

All parts of the antenna are finely made and of great quality, this is an antenna that will withstand the harshest of weather we get here, with ease!

SWR across all of the 6 bands on my antenna are no higher than 1.3:1.

I am mainly a Contester and Dx'er using no more than 5 Watts at any time, so stepping up to this antenna from wires at home, has opened a new world , i am actually hearing much more (as to be expected) and being heard easier.

First QSO with the antenna was 7P8JK on 20m SSB, with 5 Watts he heard me first time and gave me a 59.

If you are looking for a small footprint antenna, that is easy to construct, with gain, then i highly recommend the SP7IDX Hexbeam.

Service and production is second to none from Waldi.
You wont be disappointed. I certainly am not.

73, Scott
MM3AWD

DM2FX Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2019 14:12 Send this review to a friend
HEXBEAM MARK III HD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my new model HEXBEAM MARK III HD on 2019-05-30 the antenna arrived 2019-06-29. Great and perfect delivery time! Waldi explained me that normally the delivery time, will take more time, normally. The Aim was, after my summer vacation, to bring the Beam in the Air. Actually it is now mounted on a 10m BigLift (pneumatic-mast) - it works fine! SWR on all bands is ok, it was not necessary to do additional adjustment. Iíve got the assembly manual via Email from Waldi, but itís not necessary to print it out, because everything is self-explaining and the spreaders are used as a sample were to fix the clamps. At some bands I have had to do some re-fixing, because the wires are too loose. The used material and the workmanship are perfect so I think I will be able to use this antenna for a long time. Antenna is in excellent working conditions as everything fits and all ropes and elements are well prepared and ready for use, so it's a pleasure to work with.
Waldi is providing excellent services.
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions, fast shipping.
The first QSOís (DXCC) with my new Beam was Chile, Peru, New- Zealand, Argentina, South- AfricaÖÖ.. fully different like with my wire Dipoles before 
Thanks to Waldi.
73s de Sven DM2FX

IK1HGE Rating: 3/5 Jul 24, 2019 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Moderately satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Antenna received in 4 months. CW version. The positions of the wire holders on the example rods prepared by the producer were completely wrong because, after positioning the wire holders on all the other rods in the same manner,the antenna wires were hanging down, like 30cm below. I asked Waldi who said to move the plastic holders. So, I had to work for days in my spare time to have the antenna workable with an acceptable SWR on all bands (apart from 6m band). Now the antenna works and it's directional, however the directivity must be rather low as I keep working DX stations from any direction without rotating it. Unfortunately, at first heavy rain (consider that I live in a place with relatively strong wind) the antenna was damaged, nothing serious, just a matter of replacing a rope, but I had to ground it for repairings. Nevertheless, I recognize that I am having better DX activity results in respect to what I could do with my dipoles on the balcony.

K3ZZM Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2019 15:55 Send this review to a friend
WOW- Great Beam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered in FEB 2019 and received it 3 most and 6 days later. Took two days to assemble and install on my Roof tower approx 10 M in air. SWR on all bands immediately after installation was literally less than 1.17 : 1 on all bands except 6 M which was approx 1.5:1. WOW it came that way just by following Waldi's instructions No tuning needed. Went in to shack an hour later and made first QSO to London England and later that eve Australia. Listened to Hawaii and New Zealand but no QSO..Never have done that before. So the beam takes about 2-3 hours to put together. I had put up tower a month ago and it was waiting with Rotor already set up. I found a nice 7ft Schedule 40 SS mast that fit perfectly into the Antenna base plate.

The quality of the components seems to be excellent and certainly go together nicely and look great. Early performance has been excellent. We have had a few storms wind and rain and Beam hardly moved at all. Our gusts were 30-40 mph ... for us in Pennsylvania that is high.

Have recommended others to get this beam as it is already a Heavy Duty version as it is made and does not have to be upgraded. Thanks Waldi for delivering on all you said it would do. 73's

ON9CJD Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2019 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Top antenna.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Waldi delivers a great antenna that works oh so good and very pleasing on the eye. I waited 2 months or so but this was not a problem as I was getting my crankup tower in situ. My friend ON8VT who has this antenna put it all together and set it up. No tuner needed and all swr below 1.5 One week on I have no regrets. If you order have patience with Waldi, the antenna was really well packed. I look forward to using my antenna. 73's JD.

DL3KDS Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2019 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered on 2019-02-09 the antenna arrived 2019-05-08. This was not a problem, because I was aware about a long delivery time. Actually it is now mounted on a 10m geroh-mast (crank-mast) - it works fine! SWR on all bands is ok, it was not necessary to do additional adjustment, exept 50mc wich has to be shortened a little bit (up to now not yet done!). There was no assembly manual - wich is not necassary as everything is self explaining and the spreaders are used as a sample were to fix the clamps. The used material and the workmanship is perfect so I think I will be able to use this antenna for a long time. Antenna is in excellent working conditions as everything fits and all ropes and elements are well prepaired and ready for use, so it's a pleasure to work with. Thanks to Waldi.
73s de Ernst DL3KDS

SP7PKI Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2019 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Excelent build quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi dear,
Antenna in our radio club over two years, absolutely no problem. Exclusive antenna with good price, very High Quality components.
Waldi is providing excellent services in the case of any problem.
Very fast response from Waldi with any questions, fast shipping
We recommend!
See U on the Air !!! `73

DB9RZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2019 21:11 Send this review to a friend
My new HEX-BEAM is great !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like using wire-antennas espacially wire-beams. After some homebrewed structures I bought a HD Beam with about 10m size. This beam had good performance; yes had, because a strong storm swept it off the roof. Now I was looking for a new antenna and I found Waldis Hex-Beam. Main advantage is size and performance. So I decided to go with a HEX-Beam, but there are several suppliers and the option to build it by myself. If you check out the offers you see that Waldis Beam is with high quality materials. No chance to build it in that quality by myself. I ordered a HD Mark III and had to wait for a long time. Because it was Autumn and Winter this was not a big problem, but it was a long time ;-)
I received a safe and well packed box with all components. It is a pleasure to see all things and it is real fun to put the things together; having seen a youtube video in advance there is no need for a detailed description. All things fit perfect and the quality is real high!
No it is time to put the antenna on the roof top and beam the sky ...