Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | FlexRadio Service And Repair USA Help

Reviews Summary for FlexRadio Service And Repair USA
FlexRadio Service And Repair USA Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $85 per hour
Description: Service and Repair of all FlexRadio Products
More info: http://www.flex-radio.com/Support.aspx?topic=service

You can write your own review of the FlexRadio Service And Repair USA.

WA4FOM Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2018 05:51 Send this review to a friend
In the end, they did the right thing  Time owned: more than 12 months
A software update to my FLEX-6700 died, and left the radio in an indeterminate state (i.e., completely unusable). After some correspondence, I was authorized to send it in. They had it for months, and finally said they were not able to fix it. I thought that rather odd, since there is most definitely a finite quantity of hardware inside that diminutive chassis. This for me was not a huge deal, as I simply used my old 5000A during the time. At first, I was offered a discount on one of the new radios, but I held firm saying that I really had no intention of getting one of the new series and I preferred that they simply replace my 6700. After all, it was clearly their software update that destroyed the radio and not some catastrophic hardware failure or cockpit error on my part. In the end, they sent me a 6700 outfitted with all the trimmings as was my original. Even though it took an awfully long time, they did in what was, in my view, the right thing. For that, they get a 5 from me.

N0HAV Rating: 0/5 Apr 15, 2018 16:32 Send this review to a friend
Very Disappointed in FLEX Radio Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my 5000A in for repair after receiver sensitivity went sour. Flex Service reported the radio had catastrophic damage and was beyond repair. The tech suggested I should buy a new radio.

After paying the service charge and shipping fees, I received the radio back. Before flying the white flag, I took it over to a friend for a second opinion. Within one hour he had the Radio operating again. The problem was damaged relays on the RFIO board, which FLEX claimed to have swapped this board with no success.

The FLEX service technician seemed to be a parts changer rather than being able to diagnose and repair. After repairing the radio at home, I offered to send radio back to FLEX for their inspection but no response. Very disappointed. Sent a follow up letter explaining my experience and disappointment, was told they would forward my complaint to the appropriate people.

Crickets…

W5IO Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2017 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Super Fast Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my 3000 in via UPS on Tuesday, got an email it was received on Wed. PM. Thursday AM got an email it was fixed. Called Thursday PM to pay invoice and it was shipped the same day.

This may not happen 100% they say, but repair dept. is slow right now....says good things about the quality of the rigs if there are not many needing repair.

K6GB Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2015 06:59 Send this review to a friend
Flex-1500  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my radio in to have the antenna connector repaired they were quick and did a full alignment and some firmware upgrades. I had some trouble when it came back ( my fault- Chinese cable ) but they were very patient with me.

K0OEH Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2013 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Flex 5000A repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Absolutely the best. Service was fast. No problems were encountered. I highly recommend Flexradio for repair of your Flexradio.

K6HR Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2012 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service As Expected!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My 5000A required service and the experience with Flex was great from start to finish. Once it was determined that the radio actually required service, Flex immediately issued a call tag for shipping the radio back under warranty. The repairs were completed well within the estimated turnaround time, and communication was good throughout the process. Needless to say the radio came back in perfect working condition and has not had a problem since. I was not at all surprised at the level of service from Flex, as it was one of the main reasons I purchased the Flex over the competition.