Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher Help

Reviews Summary for AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher
AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher Reviews: 36 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Launches line into tall trees for erecting wire antennas
More info: http://kr4loairboss.com

You can write your own review of the AIR BOSS pneumatic antenna launcher.

WB4GUD Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2017 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the Air Boss about six months ago but wanted to wait until I had used it a few times before leaving a review. This past FD gave it (and me) quite a workout, mainly because of the leaves being out and the angle that I had to shoot. After losing one weight, I changed to another spot and all was well. I opted for a Shakespeare Alpha reel and 30 lb. Spiderwire line per Bill's recommendations, that seems to be the way to go. All the other reviews pretty much say it, great product, really will shoot a line 100'+. Just watch where you point it when it's pumped up.

KC5TNG Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2017 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Tool -   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I got mine, it leaked air pressure. I noticed that there was no "thread tape" wrapped around the pressure gauge nor the air intake valve threads, so I removed both, wrapped thread tape around the threads and re-installed them. No more pressure leaks.
I picked up a fishing reel with 20 lb test line but had some line breakage so I replaced the 20 lb line with 30 lb test line...that ended my line breakage problem.

N2CVS Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2017 18:10 Send this review to a friend
It works.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used a sling shot for putting lines over trees.
This works much better.

Two things:

make shure the valve is closed before you put the weight in the barrel. It you don't the valve could jam. The instructions tell you to close the valve but not why or when.

The instructions say to mount the reel below the barrel. All the pictures show it on the barrel.

I had no trouble getting over my trees.
Not sure of their height.
At least 60'.

K4CWQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2017 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use, accurate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've tried slingshots and I pull off target and can't get any height. I don't trust myself with a bow and arrow, just too dangerous.
Air Boss is reasonably priced and easy to use. I pump it with a portable car tire compressor. Quickly reaches desired pressure. Release valve took some getting used to, but easy to adapt. First shot was right on target. The only fault I find is the placement of the air valve on the end of the device. I'm afraid I might bend it or break it off.
The only other device that might work better would be a drone, but that would only work if I wanted the line over the top of a tree. Air Boss makes it easy to just shoot over a limb further down the tree. I don't think a drone could be maneuvered through such close places.

K4LZA Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2017 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Works great - better than slingshot  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced my hyper hanger with the Air Boss. Much easier to use. I took the reel off my hyper hanger and installed it on the Air Boss.

Shoots much higher than I could with the tennis ball slingshot.

K3BR Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2017 12:09 Send this review to a friend
This is my rifle, there are many like it.......................  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed a picatinny rail and Trijicon ACOG reflex sight with daylight fiber optics. After laser bore sighting the AirBoss will place 1/4" MOA all day without a problem.
Just kidding about that. However, it is the very best, well constructed, and accurate line shooter I've ever used. Buy some extra sinkers.

W3DIY Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2016 15:14 Send this review to a friend
The best launcher out there  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried the sling shot and tennis ball launchers. Both functioned as advertised, but are not suited to launch over the poplar trees at my QTH. The trees here are 110'ft tall with large splayed out branches above 50' The A.B. sinker does not overshoot and tangle in the trees like a weighted tennis ball. The sling shot would not make it to 110'.
To clear the tree tops required maximum pressure.
BTW it comes preassembled, attach your reel and you are all set.

W0CP Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2016 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Worked first time  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the shakespeare reel and a few 2 oz egg sinkers, put some air into it with my compressor and fired it to get a sense of the arc. Next, I shot it over a 50 foot pine and pulled up an antenna. I was done. Very predictable and fun to use. Looking forward to trying it on FD.

K7TAA Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2016 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used the Air Boss with the 25 lb monofilament line that came with the Shakespeare Alpha 80 reel. Based on other reviews, it may have a little more drag than the Spiderwire 30 lb line that is recommended, which I will try next. I was able to get the 2 oz. sinker within a foot of my aiming point at the top of an 80 foot evergreen on the first use. The pressure gauge indicated 55 psi. With a couple more shots, the accuracy stayed within 1-2 feet of my aiming point. I have used every method except a bow or drone to put antenna lines in trees, and this is by far the most accurate and efficient method above 45 feet.

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2016 13:31 Send this review to a friend
Great tool for a great price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using the Airboss more and more as I string up more antennas. I am surprised how accurately I can place my shot.

Saves so much time over other methods.