Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | HamStudy.org Help

Reviews Summary for HamStudy.org
HamStudy.org Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: Simple, Powerful, Free. Tools to prepare for your Amateur Radio license exam
More info: http://hamstudy.org

You can write your own review of the HamStudy.org.

K7VIQ Rating: 4/5 Mar 31, 2019 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Free confidence builder  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used both HamStudy.org and HamTestOnline.com to pass my exam for Amatuer Extra and feel they both helped.
I HamStudy.org for its simplicity to get me started with its unconfusing interface and more basic answers. HamStudy.org built my confidence to continue forward with getting 79% OVERALL APTITUDE and on there practice test I got 88%. In thanks I contributed by buying a Signal Antenna from their store. I learned a few memory aids there and gained confidence that I continued to use going forward.
I also used HamTestOnine and here I learned with its more in depth material placing it deeper in my memory for test day. The site has much more going on and has a more complex menu system that I found initially distracting while learning. However as I got more familiar and got used to it I reached 98% and got 90% on their practice test.
So, using both sites I can say that they both helped me. The former was free, simpler to use, gave me a few memory aids, and built my confidence that I could pass. The latter set the information more deeply with more detailed information and gave me even more confidence that I could not only pass but at a higher percent for a margin. I passed my test at 92% - on Mar 30, 2019.

N6GAT Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2016 13:14 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLANT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used Hamstudy.org for my Extra test. At first, was a bit traumatized by the flashcards showing I had some serious weakspots. Each question has well-thought out explanations. Coupled with at ARRL book for back up, it was a great combination. Passed on 1st try (90%). Learned a lot. You can't memorize 700 questions in the pool!
Pros:
Flashcards are randomized.
Weak areas are repeated as necessary.
Explanations were easy to understand.
Answers for each question are in random order. (can't memorize answer "C", you need to know the answer.)
Practice tests tell you specifically which areas you need additional work on.
Price: FREE! (It was so good I gladly made a small contribution when I passed)

K0MTN Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2016 06:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent study resource!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just passed the test for my Extra this past weekend. I found HamStudy.org to be the best resource for me to prepare for the test.

I had read and studied the ARRL Extra study guide, and then used the HamStudy.org Flash Cards to review each section of the question pool. The Flash Cards method was great! Once I was comfortable with my success rate in the Flash Cards I started using the practice tests. I never missed more than 2 questions in the practice tests because of previous studying with the Flash Cards.

Definitely the best!

NF7J Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2014 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This website competes very well with top-rated HamTestOnline which is not free. This site is sponsored by Icom. I have purchased sessions on HamTestOnline for my kids, and they liked HamStudy better! 3 kids under 12 have passed using HamStudy.org. They compared HamTestOnline to HamStudy.Org and all eventually dropped the HamTestOnline. So I wasted some money. Save some money and give HamStudy.org a shot.

KC7SBP Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2013 22:17 Send this review to a friend
Practice for General  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used Hamstudy.org exclusively for taking practice tests to prepare for my General exam. While study books were still useful for learning much of the material, the Hamstudy.org website was an amazingly good supplement to my personal studies. I passed my General exam with a score that was consistent with my latest practice testing.

I've only got two minor issues, but I'm not going to down rate the site for them. First, the explanations are sometimes a bit confusing or misleading, but they're editable by users, much like wikipedia. I assume that they'll improve as more users make tweaks to increase clarity. Second, the testing tracker only tracked the first 50 or so practice tests. I'd like to see them either track longer or give a reset option to it, but it's an unnecessary optional "extra" so I can't really complain about it if it doesn't change.

KB9JHU Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2013 16:38 Send this review to a friend
Love the flash cards!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After procrastinating the Extra upgrade forever, I spent some time working through the flash cards and practice tests on hamstudy and passed! Their method of repeating questions you either don't know or miss really helped me out.