Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Hexbeam: by NA4RR Help

Reviews Summary for Hexbeam: by NA4RR
Hexbeam: by NA4RR Reviews: 62 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $450
Description: The hexagonal beam antenna is built around the improved
broadband design by G3TXQ. Features air coaxial center post
made from aluminum and stainless steel hardware. The spreaders
are fiberglass tubes and support cords are made of kevlar
covered with UV resistant Dacron. All wire sets are 14ga 168
strand Flexweave™ and are pre-measured for simple assembly.
This is a plug and play antenna with no tuning or cutting of
elements required.
More info: http://www.hexagonalbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Hexbeam: by NA4RR.

K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2015 20:08 Send this review to a friend
CQ DX!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For the last year I have been sitting with 89 confirmed on LOTW. I put up the Hex at 32 feet, and got the last 11 confirmed in two weeks. I'm a believer. One person construction, 2 or 3 persons to actually put it up and you're good to go. I saw another review where a ham had the rods break in a a hurricane here in Hawaii. Roger sent me extra fiberglass rods which I forwarded on to that ham (no charge) and I assume he's up and running again. Great customer service from Roger. It's a winner.

KE5GGY Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2015 16:58 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievably Good Experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Now that I'm a 'hex beam veteran' (one year!) I thought I'd write an updated review:

Overall: Owning an NA4RR HEX BEAM has been an unbelievable experience. 6 bands on 1 coax for around $500. GREAT DEAL! Beyond that, the performance of this antenna has been unbelievable. Although I own several amplifiers, I don't even need them with my HEX. Regularly I talk all over the world and get through the pile ups just fine. When I run an amp, I am heard everywhere.

Durability: North Texas has lots of wind and occasional ice. After one winter and spring that included quite a bit of wind, the HEX BEAM just keeps on rockin'.

Customer Service: Roger is GREAT. I had a ton of questions and was calling him often for several weekends. He really cares about his customers.

No Tower Needed! Although I have my HEX on top of a tower, you don't need one. Get this up on top of your home on a TV antenna stand and you'll be in great shape.

Summary: The NA4RR HEX BEAM is one of the best HF antenna values in amateur radio. If you have questions, email me at ke5ggy at gmail dot com or find me every night on 3.916 MHz between 7 and 10 PM Central.

73 and Good DX to you!

Pete
KE5GGY

K4LIX Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2015 11:25 Send this review to a friend
GREAT beam!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After playing around with two of these that W4RYZ radio club owns and uses, I found a used one for sale - bought it and for about another $13 at Ace Hardware, had all the parts and put it together and mounted it about 8 feet above the ground to experiment with it - I have successfully added a 40 meter wire to it without effecting the other bands, and now have it mounted about 20 feet up. A 30 meter wire would be even easier but I use 40m more. I plan on putting it on the peak of my roof, just had a steel roof put on, using a short tower. If you're interested in the 40 meter mod, drop me a line, eMail OK on QRZ.com. This one will be used for Field Day at KE4FD here in NW Fla. and then back to this QTH for permanent mounting. A great antenna for not that much $$.

KJ4YGC Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2015 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Absolute pleasure!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Absolute pleasure to deal with! Great kit to assemble as well as being a great antenna. Highly recommended all the way around. Appears to be the only antenna I'll ever need for 6-20 meter operations as it is a great performer and easy to service.

WB6UQA Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2015 07:36 Send this review to a friend
GOOD QUALITY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is made of high quality parts. All stainless hardware. Center post is all aluminium . This antenna is a Dx maganite . Every part is measured and made.

NN4ZZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2015 04:12 Send this review to a friend
Well made and easy to build and install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased to use as the second antenna on my Flex 6700 SDR for diversity reception. It was easy to assemble and install. The antenna is well made and all of the components are high quality. It works fine and no problems.

Pictures here:

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

WS1C Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2015 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought from Roger at Orlando Hamcation. Erected on crank up tower running from 32' to 44' high. Worked 142 countries in CQ WPX contest in 5 hours! Almost everyone I called came back! Performance exceeded expectations, well matched on most of 6 bands. Only fault might be having to paint the fiberglass, but for price cannot complain. Went together with no issues.

KG4USN Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2014 12:15 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Shipping was in two days-
Instructions were very clear-
I also purchesed the balun-
My first contact while it was on the ground was Benin-
It is on a 38 foot Rohn 25 tower with a Radio Shack rotor-
Two nit picks, I would like an option to have the poles delivered already painted and all the S hooks should be secured with hose clamps as I had a few come undone while raising the antenna-It is around 5 S units quieter than my dipole and I have reached out much farther and clearer---I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small beam

KU4C Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2014 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Super Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my well-packed antenna 3 days after placing my order for the NA4RR Hexbeam. Everything was neatly placed in two boxes and no parts were missing. The NA4RR website had copies of the instructions online so that you could get familiar with the assembly process ahead of the antenna arrival. In the reading it was suggested that the fiberglass spreaders be painted to extend their life. So I painted them sky blue and let them dry for a couple of days.
It took about three hours to complete the fun assembly. Instructions were clear and the well-made parts went together without a hitch. The only part that took a bit of work was making the adapter to fit my 2” aluminum mast.
The hexbeam is mounted on top of a 48 ft. Heights aluminum tilt-over tower and rotated with an old Alliance HD-73 rotator. The antenna has worked remarkably well. It is great to have a broad band, no traps, light-weight, 6 band beam (6,10,12,15,17 & 20 meters) that is less than 11 ft across. The only additional item purchased was a 1:1 balun. Roger, the antenna maker, has made available a quality product at a bargain price. I highly recommend this fine product. Jim KU4C

K9AQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2014 17:28 Send this review to a friend
Great product and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I placed an order for the hexbeam on Thursday afternoon and it was shipped within a couple of hours, and I received my new hexbeam two days later!

I was very impressed with the quality of the parts and the instructions were very clear. The antenna went together very quickly and a week later I installed it on a new 40 foot tower.

I have been a ham for 53 years but this is my first gain antenna and tower. I am using this antenna at a cabin in Northern Wisconsin and am really amazed at how well I am getting out running only 50 watts. I have been able to work every station that I hear. One of my first contacts was a station in Fairbanks, Alaska and I had to break a large pileup. Not bad for 50 watts and a modest antenna setup.

I would strongly recommend the NA4RR hexbeam.

Don