Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system
Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system Reviews: 58 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $299
Description: 6-80 meter tactical 500 watt multi-band antenna system that fits in a 16x4x4 inch go bag.

DISCONTINUED 6-80 Meter EzMilitary (Legacy system)

More info: http:///amateurradiostore.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system.

N7XLR Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2018 22:33 Send this review to a friend
still works fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
Remember this is a temporary base antenna. It is not designed for permanent use. It is also not designed for mobile use. With that in mind, it works fine down to 40 meters. It is definitely biased toward the higher frequencies. The big deal here is that a little over 2 years ago, my cheap Alpha Match, made out of Home Depot PVC plumbing parts, broke. I'm in AZ, and it gets HOT in the summer. The PVC got hot, and the whip was not straight. It broke the top out of the PVC cap. I was not happy.

But Alpha Antenna sent me a whole new antenna, and the Alpha Match is now made out of solid aluminum. It will not break. It has been working fine for the past 2 years. I leave the Alpha Match bolted to the mount (an engine crane I have in the back yard, with a cover over it to protect it from the scorching sun) and remove the whip and store it inside when not using it. We have monsoon storms in the middle of the summer with strong winds that have brought down some huge antenna arrays on Rohn towers.

KN4IDS Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2018 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sets up in a five minutes, from my yard in south Florida it contacts stations from California to Italy on 100 watts, all bands 10-80 less than 2:1 and most 1.2-1.5/1. Equally important, the customer service from Alpha is OUTSTANDING!

W0LZR Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2018 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Nice little portable!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna for an upcoming military deployment. Being limited on space I needed something small and versatile. I found one used for less than half the price of new. When I got the chance to try it out I was very impressed with the ease of set up. Literally 10 minutes, most of which was Un coiling 100 feet of coax (RG213) the antenna worked well with my FT-100d. No tuner, it measured less than 2:1 on all bands 80-6. Within a few hours I had made contacts in California, Connecticut, Florida and Kentucky. Most gave a 5x5 report. I was running 100watts. There may be better antennas on the market, but the compact nature, and the tripod mean you aren't looking for a tree to toss a line in or over. If you travel or back pack I would recommend this.

KF7WKR Rating: 4/5 Jan 7, 2018 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Adequate for its intended purpose  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the EZMilitary for 5 years now, usually when posted on fire lookouts on mountain peaks. 2 years ago I added the NVIS and Emcomm accessories to give added capability if deployed in support of ARES. Its purpose is to provide a multiband antenna that can be set up almost anywhere. An antenna tuner may be needed, although when mounted on the optional tripod SWR runs about 1.7/1 or less on 20, 17 and 15 meteres, with no counterpoise needed. I've found that using an antenna analyzer is necessary to determine if one or more counterpoise wires are needed. Here at my house, with the antenna base on the deck 14 ft about ground, no counterpoise is needed with the tuner (although my log shows one contact with Russia (from Washington state) on 20 meters with no tuner used). This is a good antenna for emergency, field day and portable operations.

PY2BN Rating: 4/5 Nov 18, 2017 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
good evening . I'm looking for an antenna that covers all the amateur bands to do a portatio operation in another city because I'll be going to some relatives and I would like to hear from your friends (although I already read all the comments) what they tell me about the antenna Alpha Antenna 6-80 Meter EzMilitary system. its qualities and defects near other antennas and it holds up to 1 - w or so for low power. I thank you all for the help ....
73dx
py2bn

KE4MU Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2017 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using one of your alpha EzMilitary antennas for close to 2 years now and still love it as much as I did the day I got it. I travel a lot and the antenna makes setting it up at night at motels or at the Justice Academy fast and simple so that even with a one hour break I get time to operate. Easy to deploy, great band coverage and good conversation piece for people who are shocked that I can talk worldwide with such a simple radio and antenna setup. I used it during the NPOTA event with great results on a weekly basis. Quick to deploy and take down. Mine has the older black plastic Alpha match maybe one day I will upgrade to the newer cool looking metal case alpha match, but somehow I feel with the quality of the black plastic alpha match that it maybe a very long time before it gives out which would give me a reason to order a updated metal alpha match. Greg KE4MU

KK8ZZ Rating: 0/5 Sep 19, 2017 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Run, do not walk, from these dogs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Two years ago, I made the mistake of purchasing both the "mobile" and the "portable military" versions of this antenna whose matching units were made by gluing them into cheap Home Depot Schedule 40 PVC plastic pipe base painted flat black. Trying mobile first, I immediately discovered that the antenna -- fastened in the same Diamond 400 mount as my previous Little Tarheel -- had anywhere from 3 to 5 S-Units LOWER receiving operation than the other antenna (yes, same grounding, same connections, etc.)... made a few contacts, but.... and the amazingly CHEAP whip they send is so thin that it bends backwards enough to scrape the windshields of the cars traveling behind me. Still trusting the eHam reviews and having purchased a new travel trailer for a two-month long Canadian journey through rare Grid Squares, I bought the cursed "military" setup... attached to an Alpha-Delta Outpost tripod stand, with the ground and "counterpoise" attached, I found reception with a new Icom IC-7100 FAR below what even a simple long wire provided later. And their "military" whip was so cheap it bent over like a wet noodle... shame on you, Alpha....So.. took both of these losers to Dayton/Xenia this spring and took more than a 50% loss before I could finally unload them... and felt guilty at that, but the buyers bought both antennas at "close-out" prices, so... When I complained at the Alpha Antennas booth inside, one of the staff offered me a "lifetime 20% discount" on their new version, but as it is often said, "why throw good money after bad?" .. Remember that wet noodles and light bulbs will radiate SOME signals, but they're not great antennas. And these are not "good" antennas. Use your own best judgement, but remember that all things are not necessarily what they are advertised to be...

KA0SOG Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2017 01:50 Send this review to a friend
Works Great and simple  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought this to take to scout camp last summer. Deployed easy and had CONUS on most bands and at less than 2:1! I cheated a little I live only a few miles away from their HQ so I picked it up myself to avoid shipping. Components are well made not out of cheap materials. Friendly hams run the company. This will hold up well for years to come. My previous scout camp antenna was a fan dipole that I had to suspend from the trees. Boy is this an improvement!

KD2FTA Rating: 4/5 Apr 1, 2017 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Update to past review  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After using the Alpha EZ 6-80 portable antenna for a while now Iím updating my past review.

My first impression overall still remains the same. The quality of the material can still be improved tremendously given the overall value proposition, however Iíd like to go beyond that. Iíve used the antenna as a portable set up now in several locations, and will focus on the overall performance.

I would give the system a 4 overall for performance based on the contacts Iíve made.
The solar cycle hasnít been favorable in the 6, 10, or 15 meter bands lately. It would be unfair to Alpha knowing that even permanent installations using amplified power are at times hard pressed to make decent contacts given the conditions. So the results are good on those bands with the cards mother nature is dealing right now.

On 17, 20, and 40 meters the antenna has produced good results with some long-range DX contacts made on good propagation days. Iíve worked Italy, and South America, and even the west coast of the U.S when the bands are open.

Operating on 80 meters is still a challenge without additional radials or a NVIS kit (which I didnít purchase), so fair to good results have been achieved regionally when Iíve operated on 80 meters.

The whip still drives me ďnutsĒ at times when I see my SWR go from nearly a perfect match to 1.5 to 1 for apparently no reason at all until I check out the whip. It only happens when the connectivity between pole segments is lost. Sometimes the radio will not tune at all, and I correct the issue by rotating the segments so that contact is made. Overall for a weekend camp out or a day long SOTA hike, itís a good system.

KG7OOM Rating: 1/5 Mar 12, 2017 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Sorry but it is below subpar  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wasted my money on this. I have gotten over it but honestly, this is way overpriced for some PVC and wire you can get at the big box store.

The attention to detail is poor and the labeling on the bag was peeling off when I received it. I much rather pay the for the parts (at a lower price) or buy the instructions and build it myself with a better-looking product in the end.

I have never ever got any reception that was worth the price I paid for it. No contacts made with it despite what I've done to set it up. I am aware some folks have better luck but honestly, this kit is garbage. There is nothing military about it. Do not know of any military unit or country using this. If you do, let me know.

The quality of the materials is subpar. I had to make some adjustments to the whip as the base/screw set-up was stripped. For what I paid, I should not be doing anything to it but just install and go to my rig in search of contacts.

There are videos out there with good/bad receptions. You must do your homework and decide for yourself but be very cautious.

Good luck!