Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | affordableradiorepair.com Help

Reviews Summary for affordableradiorepair.com
Reviews: 24 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$35 per hour
Description: Expert radio repair of all brands at a very reasonable price.
More info: http://affordableradiorepair.com/

You can write your own review of the affordableradiorepair.com.

KB9VY Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2018 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike is a wonderful technician and person. He repaired my TR-4C at an extremely fair price and within the time he estimated. Highly recommend him for your vintage radio repairs.

W2MDM Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2018 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Very Very Good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike is fantastic. Great service, great price. Radio like new.Do not hesitate to contact him. Excellent communication all through

N5SNE Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2018 23:10 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service, Great Price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike N0BXE worked on my Kenwood TR751A all mode transceiver, giving it an alignment and full check out. He expertly went over the entire rig to make sure everything was functioning properly. This radio had undergone extensive repair and cleanup (by me) after a flood (which made it "toxic" to other repair centers). Mike communicates effectively, so I knew the status and results of his work. I am very happy with Mike's expert work and I highly recommend him without reservation. Not to mention that his rates are super reasonable! Ford Mays N5SNE

AB3IY Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2018 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike repaired a yaesu FT 736R for me. Turnaround was fast, and prices very reasonable. Great job, Thank you Mike. Regards Richard Sacco AB3IY

K6EB Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2017 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair for my TS530 S!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a bad heater switch, bad capacitors and I needed all new vacuum tubes. Mike stayed in touch with me throughout the process, and did exactly what he said he would do, and he stayed within his proposed timeline. His estimate was right on and yes, VERY AFFORDABLE. Throughout it all, he kept his humor as he inormed me regularly. I couldn't ask for a better repair experience on a radio that i care for very much. I expect at least another 30 years out of it. A great repairman for a great radio!

AC8YJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2017 19:13 Send this review to a friend
excellent service  Time owned: months
Service was quick and they did a fantastic job at a very reasonable price on my Kenwood 520se. I highly recommend Mike at affordableradiorepair.com

KE8EC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2017 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found Mike's shop via these reviews. I contacted him about a Yaesu 225RD that needed some attention. He got back to me quickly and I sent the rig out. He also contacted me when he received it to let me know how long it might be before shipping back. Upon completion of the realignment and repairs, he sent me an email to tell me what he had done to the rig, and to send the invoice. I am very pleased with the results and would have no qualms about sending more equipment as needed, good service.

N3HAM Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2017 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Terrific  Time owned: more than 12 months
Contacted Mike with the intent of sending him my broken favorite rig, a TS430S. Instead he gave of some of his valuable time and pointed me on the right track to fix it myself. I can be determined when trying to fix things, relying a lot on luck, sense of smell, eyeballing, Google, YouTube and Yahoo groups. With his suggestions I quickly was able to get the radio back on the air.
The kid in me was happy again, his toy had been found, and my faith in the kindness of fellow hams was renewed.
I would not hesitate sending any gear to him.
How many times we say 'It's been a pleasure', well certainly the case here! Thanks Mike.

N2IRN Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2017 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not only did he fix the radio but had offered all sorts of support afterwards when my TS-820 started losing the +9v to the VFO intermittently. He walked me through the steps to repair it and even offered to fix the problem through the mail as a warranty claim. I have my TS-830 in route to him now. Pretty fast turn around time and definitely affordable.

MBOTT Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2016 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Most Excellent Work Here  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike Alexander at Affordable Radio Repair is currently working on the third piece of equipment I've sent him this last year. He applying a bit of TLC to a Yaesu FRG-7 that I've had for about six months. He has also recovered a Knight Star Roamer and applied a keybounce fix to my Kenwood R-5000. All work has been timely, and I would not hesitate sending any of my radios for him to work his magic.