Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Bioenno LiFePO4 Batteries with PCM and charger Help

Reviews Summary for Bioenno LiFePO4 Batteries with PCM and charger
Bioenno LiFePO4 Batteries with PCM and charger Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $58.00
Description: Bioenno Power offer a wide range of batteries (LiFePO4 and LiPO) with chargers plus other related items. Their LiFePO4 12V battery comes in various capacities, 3Ah, 6Ah, 10Ah and more. All of them have a PCM integrated that protects against over- and underdischarge, allows balancing, and more. They also offer a very inexpensive charger together with the batteries, or you can buy battery or charger separately. Both the battery and the charger have Anderson power poles already installed. The battery pack is nicely encased not only with a shrink tube but also with a thin PVC box, so it is all enclosed. For more details and specifications see their website.
Prices are very reasonable and their aftermarket support is excellent. The price below is for the 12V/3Ah with charger.
More info: http://www.bioennopower.com/collections/12v-series-lifepo4-batteries

You can write your own review of the Bioenno LiFePO4 Batteries with PCM and charger.

K4ECD Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2016 20:13 Send this review to a friend
14 months: Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's my go to battery for portable work. The best part of this battery is that it is well supported by the company. I called to ask about solar options for charging and they patiently answered every question.

The battery is solid - zero issues. With my 857 it has traveled with me all over the south east and Caribbean Portable. 12AH battery is light weight <3 lbs or so.

5 star company support

Very good LiFePO4 solution.

WB4M Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2016 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Agree with K5ACL  Time owned: more than 12 months
Here's another review for you Johnny! I have used a Bioenno Power 6Ah 12v battery for 2 years now. It powers my FT-817ND QRP rig all day long. For a 6Ah battery it is quite small, fits in the palm of my hand and light weight, perfect for hiking/camping operation. It has 7-inch lead wires with power poles and charger, and it charges quite fast. I also have received personal phone calls from Bioenno inquiring as to how I use the battery, my satisfaction with it, etc, over a year after purchasing it. They offer a multitude of battery power options that should fit anyone's requirements.

K5ACL Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2016 05:34 Send this review to a friend
Don't settle for cheap batteries with your expensive gear!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned a Bioenno 9ah battery with 108 watt hours of juice now for about 6 months. Why are there not more reviews of this great company! I was even called by a rep at the company to see how everything was going with the product. Packaged like it could handle the apocalypse, it came with a switching power supply charger which quickly charges these LifePO4 batteries. It has 18A of max continuous discharge current. Battery is packaged nicely, and under heavy use, I've never noticed the battery package heating up

I've used the battery to power everything from my 100w rigs down to my qrp transmitters, and I've yet to experience a hiccup with it. I was able to get the battery on sale during their Black Friday sales at a decent price.

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for this type of power solution.

K7RNO Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2013 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Three thumbs up!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is for the 12.8V/3Ah LiFePO4 battery with charger.
The size and weight of the pack are nothing extraordinary, but the packaging is: all enclosed and a nice cube, without openings. Power poles are already installed, so it is plug and play.

The benefit of the LiFePO4 vs the LiPO is the voltage that, for a 4-cell pack, will never be too high for a 12V rig, so no controller or lossy reducer is needed. These batteries have a feature-rich PCM installed that not only allows to balance the cells, it also limits overdischarge (cutoff at 10V for the pack), has discharge overcurrent protection (at 42A) and more.

The available simple charger also has power poles installed and only costs $8 when ordered with battery. My charger is a 15V/2A unit with CC/CV.

With my rating of 5 it is needless to say that everything worked flawlessly out of the box.

So, if you are fresh in the market for a LiFePO4 battery and charger, you will find the right capacity at Bioenno, and the price you will pay is very reasonable.