Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Yaesu SCU-17 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu SCU-17
Yaesu SCU-17 Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $195.00
Description: USB Interface for Yaesu Transceivers

You can write your own review of the Yaesu SCU-17.

AB9PM Rating: 4/5 Sep 15, 2019 02:48 Send this review to a friend
Updated review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I gave the Yaesu SCU 17 a bad review too quick. The problem I had was not with the external sound card, but with the WSJT-X program. As I tried to use that program the sound card would quit communicating with my I7 computer. I found the JTDX program, and after I downloaded that derivative of the original program, my SCU 17 has worked flawlessly with that program and HRD with no issues. So I am a big enough man to admit my mistake. I would recommend buying the unit, and it appears the easiest to wire up to their HF brand of radio, though a little pricey.
Please remove my first review.

KD9EEE Rating: 2/5 Mar 17, 2019 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Not working for me  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been working with the SCU-17 for a "few" months. The sound quality using FLDigi has been very poor. Really wanted for it to work because all that control over one USB port? Love it. Used it with FT-817, FT-817ND and FT-857D. Sound quality is just is poor. Swapped out to a Signalink USB, special jumper setting done, and a USB62C cable, another adventure, and all is well. From what I am getting out of the reviews and my liking Yaesu products is I need to have a conversation with the technical support people at Yaesu.

Somebody always has issues with a product. And today, that is me.

I am open to feedback on what I may be missing or doing incorrectly.

Mark
KD9EEE

N4JW Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2019 21:54 Send this review to a friend
Solid and Dependable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Follow the instructions (download and install the driver first) and it is literally plug and play. Gets its power from the USB port so there are no AC adapters or batteries to mess with. Only negative: in my opinion it is priced a little too high at $199 (as of Jan 2019), but it is built like a tank and should last forever. I use it in the shack with my FTDX-1200 and am looking forward to taking it in the field with my FT-817ND.

PY2KNK Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2017 12:05 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would like to supplement my previous review, and tell all colleagues that SCU 17 works perfectly with Windows 10 + Yaesu FT950. It is very simple and efficient to operate any digital mode.

I would like to report that I bought a new SCU because I had problems with my previous computer that caused some damage to the SCU17 Yaesu through the USB port.

I recommend everyone, great product.

Thanks to colleagues who answered my questions via email, about the problem I was experiencing.

All solved, now I hope to get them soon in digital modes.

Leonardo Zucon PY2KNK

K5MOG Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2016 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
This would be everyone solution for a digital interface with just a little more info for setting it up. Once you realize to match the baud rates and RTS DTR inputs it will work with any software.
ZLP data pro is the only other thing that even comes close. I'm referring to connecting Yaesu products

WB4OMM Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Price Drop!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Universal Radio has this unit for $169.95 plus cable for the FT-2000 (both packet/psk and fsk) for another $32.95...with shipping it was $213.00.
Works great! Nice to be able to make adjustments and now work true FSK. Small and compact too, plus frees up multiple connections from previous afsk and computer controls. Next: Interfacing and setting up N1MM.......
73!
Steve WB4OMM

KJ4EOZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2015 02:54 Send this review to a friend
GREAT !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very easy to install . Just make sure you install the driver from Yaesu 1st . But works great .

KC5HKW Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2015 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Quality Interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Makes digital mode hookups a breeze. Built like a tank. Perfect complement to the FTdx1200. Looks and works great.

G7JWR Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2015 09:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Only just purchased the yaesu scu-17, very easy to set up plug and play with my FT-2000, got HRD running in minutes along with other digital software.
Very impressed much better than my other interfaces, well worth the money.
G7JWR

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2014 13:23 Send this review to a friend
Super  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My SCU-17 is connected to my FTDX5000MP. It is a great digital interface that allows 1 USB connection to do 3 things:
1. Great quality sound card
2. CAT interface
3. FSK keying

And the price is lower than most of the competition.