Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Jahnke Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Jahnke Electronics
Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Electronic repair service specializing in the repair of the Kenwood TS-440 and other Kenwood equipment.
More info: http://jahnkeelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the Jahnke Electronics.

KU4GP Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2019 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Repair sevice  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul and steve took in my ts-50 Kenwood and did a wonderful job on the repair. It must have taken a lightening strike at some time to take out the PA. They replaced the PA and filter board with a good ones,fixed a bad readout and replaced the memory battery. Also a capacitor pack and resisters, as well an alignment. It is said that knowledge is power. Jahnke electronics Know their Kenwoods! Had my ts-50 since they came out thru 2014 on the road the whole time until I retired. Happy to have it back good as new.

WA8JAY Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2018 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Service Fast Turnaround  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my 440 in for repairs after sitting in storage for 10+ years. I was very happy with the cost and turnaround time of 11 days. Glad to get this rig back on the air. AAA+++

K7TNN Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2018 18:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Service!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another 5 stars for Paul and Steve! I found Jahnke Electronics here on eHam, contacted them and sent my Kenwood TS-850SAT for recap and repair of the tuner. I had the radio back in just a little over 2 weeks including travel time and it plays great! All the work was done professionally and reasonably priced, with several little touches like replacing a missing foot and tightening the tuning knob (my request). Thank you guys I know where to go next time!

AA1UE Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2018 12:57 Send this review to a friend
TS 790A repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
My TS790 was damaged in a drop that made some controls non-functional. Even though parts were out of production Steve and Paul agreed to work on the rig. The rig came back better than new. I couldn't have been more pleased with their efforts. Highly Recommend!

WB3BIQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2018 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS-50s Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very happy with the repair done by Paul on my TS-50S. When powered up, the XCVR would screech and scream. Could do nothing! Contacted Jahnke, got quick reply and assurances that it would be on the bench within a couple of days after the rig arrived. Shipped it out the next day. Eleven days later it arrived back to my doorstep. Powered it up. It worked great with a new Q2 switching transistor, new caps to,replace the weak ones, fresh alignment with band results tested and new memory battery. Works great now with CAT control.

Great communication, professional service and expertise! Highly recommend!

Thanks, Paul, and Jahnke Electronics! De Rick, WB3 B I Q.

N3AE Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2018 09:11 Send this review to a friend
Another 440 Dot Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found Jahnke Electronics here on the eHam review. Just sent out my TS-440 to fix the dot problem. I had the parts to fix but not the time.

Paul and his crew did a great job! The 440 came back via UPS very well packaged and is working fine. Dot problem fixed, a new memory battery, LED replacement for the meter bulb and an alignment.

Qucik turn-around even though I indicated the 440 is my backup rig and I was in no rush.

Highly recommend Jahnke for your Kenwood repairs.

K5DTW Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2017 13:48 Send this review to a friend
TS 440s Dot Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
So glad I found Paul and Steve from Jahnke Electronics. Very fair pricing to fix the dot issue, key bounce, new LED meter light and alignment. Very quick turnaround, and a totally happy ham on this end! They will get all of my Kenwood business fron now on. A shop that knows what they're doing, and great customer service and communications!
Dale K5DTW

N6EZS Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2017 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Superb service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Kenwood TS-430S was acting up. I emailed Jahnke describing the problem, fully expecting to ship it for repair. Paul replied almost immediately with a suggestion on what the issue might be. Sure enough, he was right; it was something simple that I had overlooked. Case closed. He even turned down my offer to pay him for his help. This is the kind of service that creates repeat customers -- and I'll certainly be one of them. Highly recommended.

K7SKE Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2017 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent in a basket case TS-440S that had a lot more sentimental value than actual value, it had the "Dots" issue and other problems as well. I was quickly informed of all the issues and let them know what my dollar limit was for the additional repairs. The final tally came out to half of what I expected. The radio came back extremely clean and in great working order...back on the air with a new lease on life! Thanks guys!

W9RAC Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2017 20:04 Send this review to a friend
simply perfect!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kenwood ts 850 purchased from them was as new. Great honest folks who know how to do business!