Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | EFHW-8010 8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna Help

Reviews Summary for EFHW-8010 8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna
EFHW-8010  8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna Reviews: 54 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $119.95
Description: End-Fed Half Wave (EFHW) antenna for 80/40/30/20/17/15/12
and 10m bands, NO TUNER NEEDED.
More info: http://myantennas.com/wp/product/efhw-8010/

You can write your own review of the EFHW-8010 8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna.

KG5QQJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2018 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Antenna   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
installed it on the eve of my house with 100 foot of RG-213 coax feeding it with a 8 foot ground rod with 10 foot of solid copper wire running to the box from the ground rod. running off into my oak tree at about 30 foot high east and west, then about 40 foot of the antenna running north into another tree with string and a small paint can to put a little tension on the antenna, this is to keep it from sagging from all contact points and will float with the wind blowing the trees. 1.7 SWR and below on most bands. 10 meters is the only band my radio cant tune. which is no problem because my tuner that clears that up. a few contacts out of the country and mostly east coast due to lack of time to talk on the radio. great antenna going to pick up the EFHW-4010 next for the other side of the house.

W0MUD Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2018 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic for HOA's  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The EFHW8010-1K is a game changer for me. Not sure what I was thinking but I moved into an HOA area. I normally have used my homebrew 40 meter center fed dipole that was very obvious in the air (fed with 213 coax). uh oh! can't have that in an HOA so I started to research (((clearing throat))) "HOA friendly" antennas. I did quite a bit of research and reading on this antenna before I purchased it. Received 3 days after purchase. One of the things I like best is that the 18 gauge wire is really hard to see in the air. I have mounted it 20 feet at the feed point off the apex of my roof (grounded from coax inside the shack, not at the feed point) and 60 feet at the other end as a sloper to half way up a Douglas Fir tree. Every band is under a 1.7 SWR including 30 meters. My internal antenna tuner in my Icom 7300 takes care of getting all the bands to a 1.1 SWR. For 75 meters you'll have to use a tuner but its flat on 80 meters. I would absolutely recommend this antenna to anyone looking for an end fed dipole. The noise floor is low and the SWR is low. My first contact with this antenna was in Dominican Republic on 17 meters and I am in the Pacific Northwest (US) where 17 meters is quiet most of the time. That put a big smile on my face like I am sure this antenna will put a smile on yours.

KF4IXM Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2017 01:29 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna as my first HF antenna for my newly acquired FT-950. Using a wire antenna was about my only option at my current QTH. i have to say i am absolutely satisfied with it. I have made contacts from NC to Poland, Australia, Germany, Italy on both phone and digital running barefoot.

I have mine setup with the feed point at about 6 feet high, from there it goes about 40 feet up to a limb them slopes down northerly to about 8 feet.
Probably not the ideal set up but it works great for me.
i definitely recommend this antenna for anyone looking for a multi-band wire antenna that can be used both as a permanent or temporary installation for field day, etc.

WB6OUE Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2017 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased this antenna, and installed it a couple days ago. The antenna feed is at 13 feet, and the middle sections at 22 feet. The end section at 10 feet. One end is pointing North, and the other pointing south. My first call was to a station on the boarder of Idaho, and Canada. (about 950 miles from me) He was directly north of me, which I was not expecting any good radiation from that direction. He said my signal was 59 +20!!! My second contact was to a station in Japan, and he too was running a wire antenna. I am a very happy camper.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2017 06:55 Send this review to a friend
A winner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using this antenna for over a year.After a windstorm the original wire broke at the coil.I replaced it with #14 Flexweave.It performs beautifully on all bands and with low swr.Compares favorably to the ocf dipole which is much higher. One end is at a chain-link fence only 4 feet high and the other on a Pine tree at 25 ft.Used it on both Summer and Winter Field days and worked rare dx both times,running 100w.Great antenna and great service.Highly recommended!

K6EB Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2017 16:24 Send this review to a friend
All I can say is "WOW!"  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am one of those with limited space. I never thought I was going to do better than my G5RV until I switched to the EFHW 8010. It hears better and the audio reports on the other end are fantastic. Mine is only up about 25-28 feet in an "L" formation, but always beats all my expectations. I thought the feedback and comments on this antenna must be "rigged." But now I know that probably people would give it a SIX if they could. I would. Danny is easily accessible and the communications with "My Antennas" is top notch. I run at max on my AL-811 H, so I got the 2KW model to be on the safe side. I use an Ni4L choke at the transformer and at the rig, so I have very little noise. I can heartily recommend this antenna!

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2017 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Works pretty good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this last year for Field Day but was not able to participate due to an emergency. Deployed this year by shooting it up over a maple tree and anchoring it to a 4 foot electric fence postn on each end. Added 4 45 foot radials in an X pattern on the ground. Worked as advertised, although it was resonate slightly below 80 meters, according to my AIM4170. On 20 meters it received signals about the same as my cobweb antenna that I had also deployed. Overall, I'm happy with the antenna!

K5NJE Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2017 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Makes me look like a genius  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm just going to copy / past what I e-mailed Danny:

Hi Danny,

Check this out.. Shortened the feed line as short as possible, extended the half wave wire another 10 feet to about 140' with the bend. Now my end fed half wave is naturally resonant w/o any tuning in every voice ham band from 80 to 10 meters.. 160m and 6m is workable w/ a tuner too. I’m talking over the top of almost everyone during contests w/o effort. One guy in British Columbia paused his contest momentum to say “BEAUTIFUL SIGNAL” and another guy in Havana, 5/9’s! One guy in Quebec was like “I see you are a new HAM, you are coming in like the big boys, what kind of linear are you running?” I say “barefoot”.. He comes back with “Well it’s obvious you know what you are doing!” One guy from Sarasota said “Unbelievable that you are only running 100W, strongest signal I’ve heard today”. One contact in the UK said I came in on top of 5 other people. I got this thing so dialed in, I don’t even use the auto tuner… Your product is making me look like a genius and I'm a new HAM. Couldn't be happier given the fact that I'm in an HOA and I'm using 24 ga magnet wire here in Dallas!

-Randy

KK7L Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2017 20:48 Send this review to a friend
Nice & lightweight for DXpeditions  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took an EFHW-8010 out to Tuvalu last month to operate as T2R and worked pileup after pileup at 500 watts without a tuner on all bands (except on 30 meters where, as others have posted, the SWR is close to 3:1 so I had to run barefoot with the rig’s internal tuner). I seriously logged ALL BANDS with this thing: from nighttime contest Q’s on 80 to daytime openings in 10 meters it worked great. At only 5 lbs including mounting hardware this antenna is tough to beat for DXpeditioning. Throw in a spool of lightweight Mastrant rope, find a ground rod locally, hire some kids to climb coconut trees, and you are in business. I left the antenna with local operator Tili (T2AT) and he is really enjoying it. I can’t recommend this antenna enough.

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2017 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My name is Eddie, I live in a HOA community, I am blessed to have a stream and woods behind me to help conceal my experimentation of antennas. I could only build Random wire or EFHW antennas.

I have spent a lot of time, although I did enjoy doing it and had gratification on results; none had excellent results across the Ham bands as the Myantennas 8010EFHW antenna.

I have been playing around with antenna configurations since I got licensed in 2007, different lengths of wire, different sizes and mixes of toroids and enclosures to house the toroids/balun/unun/chokes.All trying to get the right configuration, I spent a lot of time and a lot of money.

I read an article in QST about Myantennas 8010 EFHW antenna, pondered the idea of purchasing one. I purchased the antenna, I set it up in a reverse inverted L, at the last 20 or so feet in goes down on a 30 degree angle.

The result was: excellent on reception; it even lowered the noise level not giving up any S units.

I have a 5 position antenna switch, 3 which I use with my other Random and EFHW homemade antennas and an SGC230 remote antenna tuner. Comparing them all the Myantennas 8010efhw does a better job with lower noise level.

I am very happy and will purchase one for portable work using my KX3 and KXPA100, now I will only have to carry one antenna.
I highly recommend it.