Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | EFHW-8010 8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna Help

Reviews Summary for EFHW-8010 8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna
EFHW-8010  8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna Reviews: 57 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $119.95
Description: End-Fed Half Wave (EFHW) antenna for 80/40/30/20/17/15/12
and 10m bands, NO TUNER NEEDED.
More info: http://myantennas.com/wp/product/efhw-8010/

You can write your own review of the EFHW-8010 8-band End Fed Half Wave antenna.

N8FVJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2019 00:56 Send this review to a friend
LOw SWR All Bands  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great performing antenna. It is less than 2 to 1 SWR on all bands. Most are about 1.5 to 1 SWR. No tuner needed, I just tune my tube amplifier for about even lower SWR as the amp has a tuning range.

The antenna has a quiet and strong receive and it must be rather efficient as any good signal always hears my signal.

WU7X Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2018 02:42 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for FT8  Time owned: more than 12 months
This review is primarily oriented toward my activities with this antenna on 30, 40 80 & 160 M using FT8 over the past 10+ months. It that time I have made over 2,500 FT8 contacts on all bands but primarily focused on the low bands. My EFHH-8010-1K is ground mounted to one of the 8' copper sheathed ground stakes next to my 52" tower. It rises vertically approximately 14" away from the tower legs for 52' then horizontally to a neighbor's tree for its remaining length. There is obviously some symbiotic interaction occurring between the wire, the tower and the yagi on it. Since beginning in early February I have achieved (according to LOTW) Digital DXCC 101 countries confirmed, plus 28 states on 160, 47 on 80m, 46 on 40m, 40 on 30m, 47 on 20m, 41 on 17m, 26 on 15m, and 10 on 10m. 50 mixed WAS, 50 digital and FT8 WAS. WPX is similar.

Having been a ham since 12/1980, I normally drop my ham activities to near zero during the winter months and low solar activity periods. I've just never had antennas nor used modes that worked well then. FT8 and this antenna have changed all that in a very positive way. I highly recommend this as a way to continue your ham experience and increase both DXCC and WAS numbers at the same time. One example; I've picked up VK8LP on 80m using FT8 (thanks Bob!) recently. Also worked him on 15 & 17M on the yagi via FT8. I haven't heard him on the high bands SSB since 2006, and never on the low bands. I'm a very satisfied customer.

Best 73 & DX,
Dale WU7X

WA4LJJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2018 20:22 Send this review to a friend
A good all band antenna.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The EFHW 8010 1KW (I.C.A.S) was my first end fed antenna. And while I am very happy with how it works, with the low SWR and ease of installation, I was somewhat misled by the 1KW I.C.A.S. part.

I only operate CW and in my naivete' I expected to run 4-500 Watts CW. Yes, I should have done my homework I know, but to a non-technical guy like myself, I found that acronym misleading.

I have since learned that the I stands for intermittent. I found the most I could run (on 40-80 meters) was 250-300 watts and then only for short periods of time. The antenna is definitely designed for a couple of hundred barefoot watts.

I would hope that Danny at MYANTENNAS.COM would offer an explanation of I.C.A.S. In case there are any others like me who may not take the time to look it up.

IN SUMMATION: If you operate lower power in A1 mode, this antenna is for you. But for me, after 9 days, I ordered the higher power MEF 330 2K. Yes, I.C.A.S.

KG5QQJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2018 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Antenna   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
installed it on the eve of my house with 100 foot of RG-213 coax feeding it with a 8 foot ground rod with 10 foot of solid copper wire running to the box from the ground rod. running off into my oak tree at about 30 foot high east and west, then about 40 foot of the antenna running north into another tree with string and a small paint can to put a little tension on the antenna, this is to keep it from sagging from all contact points and will float with the wind blowing the trees. 1.7 SWR and below on most bands. 10 meters is the only band my radio cant tune. which is no problem because my tuner that clears that up. a few contacts out of the country and mostly east coast due to lack of time to talk on the radio. great antenna going to pick up the EFHW-4010 next for the other side of the house.

W0MUD Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2018 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic for HOA's  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The EFHW8010-1K is a game changer for me. Not sure what I was thinking but I moved into an HOA area. I normally have used my homebrew 40 meter center fed dipole that was very obvious in the air (fed with 213 coax). uh oh! can't have that in an HOA so I started to research (((clearing throat))) "HOA friendly" antennas. I did quite a bit of research and reading on this antenna before I purchased it. Received 3 days after purchase. One of the things I like best is that the 18 gauge wire is really hard to see in the air. I have mounted it 20 feet at the feed point off the apex of my roof (grounded from coax inside the shack, not at the feed point) and 60 feet at the other end as a sloper to half way up a Douglas Fir tree. Every band is under a 1.7 SWR including 30 meters. My internal antenna tuner in my Icom 7300 takes care of getting all the bands to a 1.1 SWR. For 75 meters you'll have to use a tuner but its flat on 80 meters. I would absolutely recommend this antenna to anyone looking for an end fed dipole. The noise floor is low and the SWR is low. My first contact with this antenna was in Dominican Republic on 17 meters and I am in the Pacific Northwest (US) where 17 meters is quiet most of the time. That put a big smile on my face like I am sure this antenna will put a smile on yours.

KF4IXM Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2017 01:29 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna as my first HF antenna for my newly acquired FT-950. Using a wire antenna was about my only option at my current QTH. i have to say i am absolutely satisfied with it. I have made contacts from NC to Poland, Australia, Germany, Italy on both phone and digital running barefoot.

I have mine setup with the feed point at about 6 feet high, from there it goes about 40 feet up to a limb them slopes down northerly to about 8 feet.
Probably not the ideal set up but it works great for me.
i definitely recommend this antenna for anyone looking for a multi-band wire antenna that can be used both as a permanent or temporary installation for field day, etc.

WB6OUE Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2017 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased this antenna, and installed it a couple days ago. The antenna feed is at 13 feet, and the middle sections at 22 feet. The end section at 10 feet. One end is pointing North, and the other pointing south. My first call was to a station on the boarder of Idaho, and Canada. (about 950 miles from me) He was directly north of me, which I was not expecting any good radiation from that direction. He said my signal was 59 +20!!! My second contact was to a station in Japan, and he too was running a wire antenna. I am a very happy camper.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2017 06:55 Send this review to a friend
A winner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using this antenna for over a year.After a windstorm the original wire broke at the coil.I replaced it with #14 Flexweave.It performs beautifully on all bands and with low swr.Compares favorably to the ocf dipole which is much higher. One end is at a chain-link fence only 4 feet high and the other on a Pine tree at 25 ft.Used it on both Summer and Winter Field days and worked rare dx both times,running 100w.Great antenna and great service.Highly recommended!

K6EB Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2017 16:24 Send this review to a friend
All I can say is "WOW!"  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am one of those with limited space. I never thought I was going to do better than my G5RV until I switched to the EFHW 8010. It hears better and the audio reports on the other end are fantastic. Mine is only up about 25-28 feet in an "L" formation, but always beats all my expectations. I thought the feedback and comments on this antenna must be "rigged." But now I know that probably people would give it a SIX if they could. I would. Danny is easily accessible and the communications with "My Antennas" is top notch. I run at max on my AL-811 H, so I got the 2KW model to be on the safe side. I use an Ni4L choke at the transformer and at the rig, so I have very little noise. I can heartily recommend this antenna!

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2017 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Works pretty good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this last year for Field Day but was not able to participate due to an emergency. Deployed this year by shooting it up over a maple tree and anchoring it to a 4 foot electric fence postn on each end. Added 4 45 foot radials in an X pattern on the ground. Worked as advertised, although it was resonate slightly below 80 meters, according to my AIM4170. On 20 meters it received signals about the same as my cobweb antenna that I had also deployed. Overall, I'm happy with the antenna!