Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | Maxcon OCF Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for Maxcon OCF Dipole
Maxcon OCF Dipole Reviews: 34 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Hand-built off-center fed dipole complete
and ready to hang with 3KW 4:1 current
balun. Operates 10-12-17-20-40-80 meters
without tuner exhibiting low SWR. Total
length 123 feet (88x45).
More info: HTTP://WWW.MAXCONUS.COM

You can write your own review of the Maxcon OCF Dipole.

WA1TBV Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2019 16:46 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been off the air for 21 years and was looking for an inexpensive, but quality antenna to get on the air quickly. I read the reviews and ordered one from Milton. I got mine with the isolator and balun in the same enclosure. After talking to Milton and explaining my absence, he took the time to help me find sources for coax, etc. Great of him to do that. The antenna arrived in 3 days and went up without a hitch. I was able to set it up as directed in the instructions. My first contact with rather poor conditions was to Ecuador, followed buy many in Eastern Europe with good signal reports. I am very satisfied with it so far. It is well built the service from Milton was great.

KG7FIU Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2019 02:47 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a pretty decent antenna for $79. Disclaimer: I cut off and replaced the stock wires with replacement "thin" 20 gauge wire because I live in an HOA, and was afraid the thick wires would be too visible up in the air. The "modified" OCF antenna worked OK in that configuration. But made an interesting discovery a few weeks ago. Had a long run of about 200 feet of this same 20 gauge wire I was using for another wire antenna. Connected it end-to-end from the "antenna" lead to the "ground" lead on this same Maxcon balun. Works very well in this "loop" configuration. Receive is super good. I use it with a tuner on all bands. [don't think you have to use 200 ft. You could use whatever length you have with a tuner]. It's very quiet. It seems to reduce the annoying noise I was getting on 40m and 80m significantly. I can now hear signals! And transmit is not too bad -- about what it was before. Yes, sometimes I still need a linear to make those DX contacts due to dreadful propagation conditions. Can't do much about that. Recommended.

W8MJM Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2019 03:23 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna works very well on 80 and 20 meters and it is a killer on 40 meters. I replaced a Radio Works Carolina Windom 80 with this antenna. Works as well or better than a Radio Works Carolina Windom at half the price. I can't build the antenna for 79.95 and the quality is terrific. No cutting or trimming just plug aand play, perfect for us old guys!

KD5IR Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2018 03:03 Send this review to a friend
5/5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
.....I've had this OCF antenna up for about a month ! It's configured as a flat top with the ends @32 feet and the center at ~28 feet . I mounted the line isolator on the ground in a 3 foot piece of 3 inch PVC at the end of a 100 foot run of RG8x .
.....I installed those coax connectors with a ground lug on each end of the isolator with #10 solid wire coming out of the PVC end cap and connected to a 4 foot ground rod . Hopefully , these will keep any surges from coming all the way into my equipment !
.....This antenna has very low SWR on all bands except 15 which can be corrected with a tuner . This antenna has to BE the best priced bargain available to Ham Radio Op's who don't want to build their own multi band OCF !
.....Mr. Maxcon knows how to build and sell a quality product at a very low price . Hopefully , this antenna will still be up and working a year from now .

W9RNA Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2018 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already had the 80m ocfd from maxcon. And I needed to get on 160, plus all the other bands. I called them and asked if they could make me 160m ocfd. And they did.I have it up at 35ft. And the long end is bent 90degrees. To fit it in my yard. It work's as good if not better then the 80meter one I've had from them. All I can say is it works. just fine with my auto tuner.Thanks again for a great product, at a fair price.

K3JOE Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2018 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great antenna it replaced my old Radio Works Carolina Windom I had you years. Great receive and get great reports on transmission. Well build antenna I have about 30 feet off the ground in a upside down L shape.

KE0SYB Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2018 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Solid construction  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This OCF antenna is built like a tank! simple to use and install. My SWR's were spot on. Great customer service from this company, would highly recommend to all for cost , construction, customer service. I plan on purchasing more of their products.

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2018 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As many other reviewers said, after many years building all my own dipole antennas, gave it a try to an already made one with excellent reviews, why not specially if the price is very afordable.
This last sunday friend of mine and also a ham, came over to my new QTH in Pt St Lucie, FL and we installed this antenna over a 30 feet up aluminum retractable flag pole purchased at amazon.com
My first impression when opened the package was good, the balun and also the RF isolator look professionally built to last many years with no problem.
Then we put it up as Inverted V with the ends aj just 4 to 5 feet over the ground attached to my fence.
When checked SWR with my RigExpert AA-600 anntena analyzer, it was 1:1 in 3400 and 6900 meaning its kinda longer but in the desire to test it we left it like that because on the phone section of the band its not over 3 to 1 and we will next weekend put it down to replace the 20 year old coaxial for a new one.So with the help of My PalStar AT2KD tuner I made it work 1:1 in all bands although on 20M swr is flat 1:1 in the whole band without the tuner, 10 is just 1.5 in the whole band and on 12,15 and 17 is less than 2.5 to 1.
When connected to my IC-7610 the first thing I noticed was how quite this antenna is specially on 80 and 40M bands that normally were noisy in my previous QTH even with bazooka antennas, I said WOW and looked the S meter, on 40M only S1 of noise, on 80M just S3 and all stations I heard were booming with S9+20 to 30 DB over, this antenna besides been very quite it also has some extra gain.
The final results were when I started talking on 80M overnight with my old friends who inmediately asked me If I had the 1.3KW amp running and certainly not,with only 100W from the radio signal reports were like If I was running an amp, 59+20 or more all over the state and 59+15 in CUba.
Definitively this antenna works better than described and I am planning to make it higher If I can find a taller mast.
Thanks to Buxcom for a great product.

AD4C

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2018 17:16 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: more than 12 months
OUTSTANDING WORKS AS STATED BUILT LIKE A BRICK OUT HOUSE YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS ANTENNA 73

KD6SX Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2018 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Just as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the MAXCON OCF-3K80 antenna and am quite pleased with it. I installed it in accordance with the instructions with the top at about 38 feet, the long end sloping to about 8 feet, and the short end sloping to about 15 feet. I installed the MAXCON 1:1 choke balun at the feedpoint and use 100 feet of good quality RG-8 coaxial cable. I have it attached near the top of my tower using a 4 foot stand-off arm and the cable leaves the feedpoint at a right angle. The antenna tunes up just as advertised. Here are my SWR measurements:

3.5 mhz: 1.6:1
7.1 mhz: 1.4:1
14.2 mhz: 1.1:1
18.1 mhz: 1.8:1
24.9 mhz: 1.2:1
28.5 mhz: 1.1:1
50.1 mhz: 1.2:1

The antenna does about what I expected on both transmit and receive. My expectations have been met and I think it is a very good antenna for multi-band operation.

KD6SX