Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-735T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-735T
Alinco DR-735T Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $349.95
Description: Mobile/Base VHF+UHF Full-Duplex Transceiver, with a large multi color adjustable display.
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/ham/mbl/DR-735/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-735T.

KZ4ZK Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2019 22:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had this radio for a couple months and have come to really appreciate it. This is my first mobile dual band radio and I really appreciate the fact that it is actually 2 radios. After adjusting the Alinco desk mic gain and the mic gain in the radio I get great audio reports. I replaced my Alinco DR-B185 and put the 185 in my truck. I was afraid the drop from 85 watts to 50 watts would be an issue. It doesn't seem to be. I would recommend this radio 100%.

N1HQU Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2019 14:09 Send this review to a friend
Love It!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really like this radio. I rate it a 5/5 just by the colors alone. I looked at all in this price range and went with it. Does cross band which sounds good, don't use. I listen a lot more that Xmitting. I finally broke down for the usb cable to program it which makes it a lot easier to program all the memory's. So far works great and no problems that I see. 73's Rick

KM6WWY Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2019 22:47 Send this review to a friend
Great performance at a great value.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I chose the DR-735T for my first VHF/UHF mobile radio for a combination of features. LARGE display digits, easy for my ancient eyes to read in the vehicle, programmable display colors, dual receivers (w/individual channel select/VFO tune, volume, & squelch controls), control head separation capability (control head is mounted on the console with the Alinco separation kit & a Ram Mount), generous and easy to organize channel memory and attractive price. I have not been disappointed. It is easy to program from the front panel. I also purchased the RT-SYSTEMS APK-735 programming software and USB cable, making it even easier to program.
I get good range and excellent signal reports from repeaters here is the San Francisco Bay area. The audio could be a bit louder. I have it mounted under the back seat of my Tundra, so I have added a speaker for each receiver under the drivers seat. A previous reviewer complained that a remote speaker was needed for each VFO/Receiver. At first I also thought that to be true, but a quick look at the print revealed that the Speaker-2 jack provided audio for both & silenced the chassis mounted speaker.

I have recently been operating from my condo with it, using an Arrow GP146/440 Dual Band Ground Plane antenna mounted in my attic with very good results.

I would definitely recommend this radio.

KN4LIH Rating: 4/5 Aug 3, 2018 12:28 Send this review to a friend
Microphone Fix  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using this radio for over 6 months. I like the large, multicolor display, and the cross band repeater function. This is really two radios in one. When I started using this radio, other hams reported my audio was pinched and tinny because of the microphone as others have reported here. Changing the mic gain did not improve the audio quality. I disassembled the EMS-79 microphone that came with the radio and noticed that the 1/32 hole was not centered over the mic cartridge. I drilled a 1/16 hole in the front of the microphone (from the back of the cover) directly over the mic cartridge, which resulted in a 100% improvement in the audio quality of the microphone. Other hams report that my voice quality changed from pinched and tinny, to more natural. This is an easy, no cost mod.

KD2BOR Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2018 23:53 Send this review to a friend
NICE RADIO needs mic help  Time owned: more than 12 months
In earlier post some said the audio was not good on this radio it wasn't bad but I had TO RUN RADIO AT MINUS 7 ON MIC GAIN CONTROL what did was get a earlier ems 57 mic from a dr-635t with a big yellow cap on the board alnico has changed the ems-57 with no cap on board I put a rj45 on the cord +now can run mic gain at factory default + you can go to +2 depending on your voice level ive gotten much better audio reports and by the way all functions work on the ems-57

W8STU Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2018 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Great radio for the price   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking to replace my older Kenwood TMV71A. The Kenwood is still working like a charm, but the display is small and I am getting older. So I saw the Alinco DR735T ad on the net and noticed it had a very large display. After watching YouTube videos and reading reviews I decided to give the radio a try.

I wasn't disappointed. After browsing through the manual I had the radio programmed in 5 minutes. I really love the large display and being able to program different colors. The audio coming through the speaker sounds great.I also get great transmit audio reports. I really like this radio and highly recommend it for beginners and elmers alike. 73,Stu W8STU

KG8CO Rating: 4/5 Nov 25, 2017 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Nice Dual Band  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the DR-735T for a few weeks, and it has
worked well.

Initially, I had an issue with the Crossband repeat function. It turned out that though the rig was new, it needed a firmware upgrade.

As of this posting, I updated to firmware version 1.12 and everything is working fine.

VE6BGM Rating: 2/5 Apr 3, 2017 15:11 Send this review to a friend
No longer use  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, I am not about to yell, but on repeaters there are differences in volume of users. I have had complaints with this radio so no longer use. Even on repeaters it doesn't help if the end user has to continually increase and decrease their volume to hear a low transmit audio and a much louder audio.

KD2BOR Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 05:11 Send this review to a friend
5.0  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I HAVE NO PROB WITH AUDIO ITS A ALINCO I FEEL ALL ALINCO RADIOS ARE HIGH PITCHED AND SECOND OF ALL WHO WOULD WORRY ABOUT AUDIO ON A REPEATER TRUE AUDIO IS ON SMPLEX

FORMER_K2OOL Rating: 2/5 Jan 9, 2017 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Bad audio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This radio has the most Tinny -sounding transmit audio I ever heard on an Alinco,The DR-635T sounds alot better than the 735T.Maybe they are using different mic elements? Even on -4 its still sounds wrong to me.Is this even made by Alinco?