Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | COMPACTenna 2M/220/440 Help

Reviews Summary for COMPACTenna 2M/220/440
COMPACTenna 2M/220/440 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Optimized compact high performance HAM radio 2 meter+220+440 bands. Only 7 1/2" long. Reliable leaf spring NMO connector on antenna for standard, center-stud style NMO mounts.
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantm/0842.html

You can write your own review of the COMPACTenna 2M/220/440.

KF6ITQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2019 05:35 Send this review to a friend
very good performance / build quality / customer service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use my tri band Compactenna on a trunk mount NMO and get very good performance, very similar to a standard mobile omni. It's nice having a much smaller footprint though! So far has weathered very well.

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2019 02:44 Send this review to a friend
very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i had to buy this small antenna for 2-220-440 just to try out got it yesterday done some test it was amazing how well this antenna worked. its was as good as the diamond antenna i was using. i emailed n7lk he gave me some information on this antenna and how to mount it. will give up date later on if it continues to work well i am sold on it 73

N7LK Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2019 23:09 Send this review to a friend
So Far So Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just replaced my Diamond NR770HNMO Dual-band Mobile Antenna with this antenna because when I go hunting, the tree limbs bend the whip antenna back and slip the gutter mount to a raked angle. I tested this in the parking lot at HRO in Phoenix after I bought it and saw the same signal reports from distant repeaters in both antennas. When I talked to another ham on a repeater that barely moved my S-Meter on my TM-V71A (on both antennas), the signal report was the same. This antenna is gutter mounted on the very top of the cargo door of my 4Runner. Also, the gray antenna matches my gray T4R.

W8WLK Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2017 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like everything about this small antenna. I have a truck and I mounted the NMO mount to the left bed rail. I wanted to mount it on the cab but then the truck wouldn't fit in the garage. I have only used it with a Yaesu VX-6 HT and I have been able to hit several 2m and 440 repeaters using 5w from 20 plus miles away. The next step is mounting a 50w radio and seeing how that works. I went to Universal Radio and the guys there were very helpful and informative. I have been going to Universal since the '60s when I was a kid.

WB8YOB Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2016 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Impressive Alternate to Whip Antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am presently using the COMPACTenna 2M/220/440 on my pickup truck cab. This antenna performs every bit as good as my Kenwood MA-4000 2M-440, 36”whip mounted on the tailgate (see pix). The COMPACTenna is mag-mounted to the corner of the cab (see pix). It is my understanding that the physics behind the COMPACTenna’s design significantly departs from the conventional, coil-loaded-rod mobile whips. Aside from its remarkable performance, I’m delighted to have found an antenna that I don’t have to remove every time I choose to garage my vehicle.