Reviews Categories | Microphones for ham radio | Heil PR 77 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil PR 77
Heil PR 77 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: RCA Ribbon Mic look alike.

You can write your own review of the Heil PR 77.

W4RFM Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2019 16:12 Send this review to a friend
What a surprise!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sell these, and I own two of these. I know that Bob Heil makes great stuff, but I bought one, because of what it looks like. What a great surprise to find that it sounds great. I use one in my recording studio for a local radio show I do, and I use the other one on my ham rig. You cant beat it.

W8NVC Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2018 06:42 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST,  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am an audio freak. I have had many mics. And the Heil PR-77d Is the best microphone I have used to date. I have had Electrovoice , Shure. And this mic is the bomb. It is built like a tank and is almost too nice to use. It's a real showpiece. Sounds terrific on Hf radio. The audio articulation is hands down above all the microphones I have used. Finally I have been able to achieve the audio I have wanted for years. I have always had good audio but, I was always missing something in the mix. The PR-77d did the trick. So that is why I have to write this review because I finally got the sound I have been after for so many years. So if your looking for a Mic that will sound great going right into your radio this is it. And If you run audio gear, you will be just as impressed with the final results as I was.
((((Don't be fooled by the cheap imitations)))) that look like the Heil Pr-77, It has the Pr-40 element in it. Buy the real Heil. You will never look back. You may have to use a pop screen on it if your close talking the mic and running some audio gear but, if not, you wont need it. You get the look you want and the sound from a real broadcast microphone at it's best.
I just love it. BOB HEIL. HEIL SOUND, Thank you. You are the best. 73 W8NVC Cleveland Ohio.

WA3HDW Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2017 05:46 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased a new PR-77 microphone last week from HRO. The microphone looks like the old RCA 77 ribbon microphone. Received outstanding audio reports and did on air comparison with my Electro Voice RE-27 and no one could tell the difference. I love the way the PR-77 looks and sounds on the air. Bob Heil makes a great product.

WD8DK Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2016 10:50 Send this review to a friend
PR77  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased from HRO, looks just like the RCA 77DX of old radio days, performs with the same, if not better audio reproduction. Has the switch for instrument/voice on the back side.
I use it with a Presonus V2 preamp and have received many positive reports on audio quality.
Rig is the TS 590SG.