Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Wolf River Silver Bullet 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for Wolf River Silver Bullet 1000
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $60.00
Description: Mobile Antenna Coil
More info: http://wolfrivercoils.com

You can write your own review of the Wolf River Silver Bullet 1000.

AB9PM Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2019 14:04 Send this review to a friend
good alternative  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am updating my previous review, after purchasing the dual collar kits for the silver bullet, it is a much more enjoyable antenna option. Instead of changing hamsticks on the side of the road, I can change frequencies by simply changing the jumper lead on a collar. My silver bullet has 3 collars on the coil with a long whip antenna and is tuned for 75, 40, and 20 meters. 17 meters is too close in frequency to the 20 meter collar so I cannot put a separate collar on for that band. I really like this option, it works well, and does stay fairly perfectly tuned.

I recommend if you are going to buy the Silver Bullet, buy the dual collar system, you will be much happier than changing tuning all the time. Some people are shocked to find out I am running a 100 watt mobile, and not a base station. I will not break all the pile ups, but I have a good enough signal to have a lot of fun.

N1IPU Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2018 12:11 Send this review to a friend
KISS works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ran mobile for over twenty years now. Tried about everything on the market and this is the best. Simple, robust and works. With a stainless whip the tuning is straight forward right down to the bottom of 80. Hunting for a roll up full size whip now for portable operation. The 54" telescoping whip is perfect for that but for 80 you need a full size whip. If you want to keep it simple this is it.

K8UMD Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2017 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Low Profile mobile antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased this Coil a few weeks ago. I added a 102 inch fiberglass whip to it and mounted it on the back of my Motorhome.
Right out of the box and following setup instructions it was 1.5 to 1 on 3.745
Made a adjustment and it was 1.5 to 1 on 7.277 and 1.5 all the way to 7.114.
NO TUNER NEEDED.
Even with the band bad I got a 5/9 report on first contact. Excellent setup for mobile and Best of all.... Wife gave it a thumbs up.
Looking forward to camping trips now