Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Nagoya TB-320A Help

Reviews Summary for Nagoya TB-320A
Nagoya TB-320A Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Fold-Over 39-Inch Tri-band 2m, 1.25m, 70cm
Antenna Includes NMO to SO-239 Adapter
Requires NMO or UHF Antenna Mount
More info: http://baofengtech.com/nagoya-tb-320a-38.5-fold-over-tri-bank-antenna

You can write your own review of the Nagoya TB-320A.

WB6JWB Rating: 1/5 May 28, 2018 23:35 Send this review to a friend
Very Poor Quality   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Nagoya looked like a good antenna to meet my needs, fold-over so I can get my vehicle in the garage and a tri-band antenna.

On the second week of having the antenna, and about the fourth time I raised the antenna from folded over to erect while coming out of the garage, the antenna broke. The piece that acts like sort of a hinge between the base and upper element looks like pot metal and it was broken in half.

I contacted Nagoya via their website and after submitting documentation (a photo and description and receipt), they immediately sent me a return product code "RMA"). I paid the $15 postage to their figuring it's better than having to purchase another new antenna.

A week or so later I was pleased to get a package back from Nagoya. They sent back my old antenna "repaired" which basically was a replaced piece of pot metal. Their packaging was a padded envelope, leaving the antenna susceptible to shipping damage.

When I attempted to attach the upper element to the base, using an allen wrench, I found that the allen screw in the base was missing. To this day, two months after the fact, I have yet to find a local parts store that has the correct allen screw.

Save your money and grief, find another antenna.

K3SSB Rating: 4/5 Jul 9, 2017 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Good quality tri-band antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was searching for a tri-band antenna for my company car (No drilling holes) and quickly came to the realization that there are very few antennas in the tri-band category.

The fit and finish are first class. Assembly involves little more than inserting the stinger and securing it with the supplied Allen wrench.

Out of the package, performance was very good with SWR's under 2 across all bands.

The antenna comes with NMO to SO-239 adapter. I opted for a mag mount and purchased the Nagoya RB-50 (5" Base) 5/8 NMO Mount Magnet, 18' RG-58 PL-259, Includes Rain Cap. This combination performs well. One word of caution... at 39 plus inches this combination is tall, especially if you're driving a high profile vehicle. Here's where that convenient fold over feature comes in handy. Simply lift up on the lower antenna rod to unseat and fold over. Allowing access to garages and those ever present horizontal height bars in drive-thrus.

My installation is about a month old so I'm giving the TB-320A / RB-50 a four-star rating. Time will tell if it merits a five star.