Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | eQSL Help

Reviews Summary for eQSL
eQSL Reviews: 241 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $Free - Donations accepted
Description: Electronic web-based QSL exchange service
More info: http://www.eqsl.cc

You can write your own review of the eQSL.

VK2LEE Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2019 10:23 Send this review to a friend
I've been using EQSL for about 10 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I find EQSL excellent for electronic QSLing at minimum cost. I do subscribe to eQSL because I like to use it, although I don't use it to obtain Certificates etc, but it is much quicker than sending thru the QSL BUREAU, or much cheaper than sending a card thru the post after paying for Your cards to be printed, plus postage these days is expensive. 5/5 for eQSL. I still reply to Bureau or direct QSL Cards, even though I have 3 walls covered in QSL Cards from years ago.. Hi Hi .. LEE VK2LEE

W4FID Rating: 4/5 Mar 9, 2019 08:56 Send this review to a friend
I enjoy it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like to tell others about interesting people and places I worked. E-qsl helps me do that. I save the more interesting QSL cards, move them to a flash drive, and run a slide show on a small netbook next to my ham desk. As for the authenticity of awards -- full disclosure here -- I have been a ham 58 years and still don't have ARRL WAS. If someone needs confirmation from me for whatever reason they have I'm happy to provide it. Some day if I accidentally work all states I'll print off the E-qsl certificate and put it up and enjoy that I have it when I talk about who I have worked to others -- especially potential or new hams.

KC2QYM Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2019 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Does Everything I Need  Time owned: more than 12 months
Reading many negative reviews here but for me eQSL fulfills the basics to confirm a contact. I'm not a contestor and don't need any awards from eQSL or ARRL to gain pleasure from the ham radio hobby. Don't need certificates to hang on walls nor buttons and pins to wear around hamfests. If someone needs a contact confirmation I'm happy to oblige via eQSL. If someone finds it necessary to cheat because they need a confirmation with me so desperately in order to prove something to themselves I certainly don't care. I receive eQSLs from stations claiming contact a number a number of years ago; do I remember if we did or didn't? So I respond with a confirmation. I don't approach all this ham radio stuff as a religion but some do. There are too many more important things in life then to lament about the negatives of one QSL electronic matching system over another.

Thank you to the creators of eQSL, it's easy to use and fulfills the basics and that's good enough for me.

KU2US Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2019 04:28 Send this review to a friend
Using it for 10 years!  Time owned: more than 12 months
You can use Eqsl's for CQ awards, they accept them if they are verified (AG) users. I got DXCC in 1992 via the ARRL, now I am going for the WAZ from CQ! AND the WAC. It is simple to use, slow, but simple. Save $$$ on paper QSL cards from DX. Now about $2-$3 for a DX paper card. From Eqsl?? FREE! And I print them out. HEY! an award is an award no matter who it is from. I also tried LOTW and got all screwed up.. Have to keep renewing my certificate. You can also check your logs to see if some Q's are bogus. I got one for RTTY! I NEVER used it! So it was REJECTED. Whatever floats your boat!

AB1XG Rating: 2/5 Mar 7, 2019 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Website Needs Work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I only use eQSL for other hams, I don't "chase" their awards.

When I use their website, it is always VERY SLOW. When I click on a button to do something on eQSL, it can take over a minute for the website to respond. Sometimes it does not respond at all, the eQSL website "goes down" all too frequently.

eQSL needs to work to improve their speed.

N4KC Rating: 3/5 Nov 2, 2018 01:47 Send this review to a friend
Why not?  Time owned: more than 12 months
With N3FJP software, it's a couple of button clicks to upload contacts to eQSL, so why not? I do an upload every couple of weeks as a courtesy. If someone wants to use it, it's fine with me, though I really don't see the point.

F4GFT Rating: 1/5 Nov 1, 2018 21:28 Send this review to a friend
agree with KG6TT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with KG6TT. I use e-qsl, just as a service to fellow hams. I don't care about e-qsl awards, I only confirm incoming QSLs, and I stopped paying for this service. LOTW rules these days, and of course I continue to honour the old bureau QSL service. I really think LOTW is the way to go.

KG6TT Rating: 3/5 Nov 1, 2018 19:41 Send this review to a friend
I upload for others, not for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
Uploading to eQSL is pretty much automatic using DXKeeper so I upload my logged QSOs for those that use this service. Personally I don't track my eQSL account nor do I seek CQ awards. I use LoTW, direct and bureau though.

WE1X Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2018 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using eQSL for years. It's simple to use, convenient and interfaces nicely with any number of logging programs. Very seldom have I ever received QSL requests for stations I've not logged and each and every one of those came from "routine" DX countries such as EA, G, F, etc. Yes, it's only good for eQSL awards...but so what? Life doesn't revolve solely around ARRL awards. Finally, if any op wants to cheat and game the system they will do it regardless whether your using eQSL, LOTW, ClubLog or whatever.

N4MU Rating: 2/5 Oct 31, 2018 23:25 Send this review to a friend
eQSL...What's the point?  Time owned: more than 12 months
eQSL is a good idea (I am a paid user) but after seeing [mostly] "manufactured" cards...what's the point? It's not good for any awards other than what eQSL may offer and I constantly get bombarded with bogus QSOs. So...again...what's the point? Think I'll cut back to paper cards and LoTW only.