Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | ICOM IC-7610 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7610
ICOM IC-7610 Reviews: 85 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $5,245.00 AUD
Description: NEW ICOM HF Radio IC-7610
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/7610/default.aspx

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7610 .

K8ALM Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2019 13:47 Send this review to a friend
I enjoy using this rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my 7610 for quite a while now with no issues and it is a solid rig for my operating habits. The display is bright and has none of the issues I've read about from other owners. My biggest gripe however is I wish there was a simple means to throw a 5 watt carrier to tune my external tuner. I don't like the idea a having to buy a gadget to do this nor do I like having to switch to RTTY and pressing PTT. My solution to this was a bit of homegrown software using VB and the F4 key. Functionality built into the rig would be a better option. Perhaps this functionality can be provided with the next firmware update. ICOM are you listening?

K6USN Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2019 00:03 Send this review to a friend
Enjoying my IC 7610   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my IC 7610 since January 2018 and have had no issues. It is solid and dependable and I plan on keeping it a long time. I have been a ham 60 years and it's a rare radio that does not have some start up issues to address. I have had no problem with my screen or pre amp.

WA6JKN Rating: 0/5 Jul 30, 2019 21:57 Send this review to a friend
Awful Display & Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was an early adopter (November 2017) and at first loved the IC-7610. It was not long before I started to experience problems. I experience the mystery tone and No RX. This was fixed via firmware. Then the ADC Heat-sinks came lose. My solution was to design a Dual ADC Heat Sink Spring clip to ensure no foreign object damage as Icom's fix to repress the heatsinks pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) did not work. Then the Display screen experienced gray and burn-in and had to use my external monitor to see better. Even the replacement screens are failing too! I was told by Icom back in April a new display screen supplier was selected and testing was underway. Worth the wait, I thought. Today, Icom told me that what I was told back in April 2019 was not true and there is no solution yet and does not know when this will be resolved. The IC-7610's diplay is awful and I expected better Customer Service! I would not recommend this radio.

K2VF Rating: 1/5 Jul 11, 2019 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Wish I bought the TS 890 first  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I loved my Icom 7600 and felt that the 7610 would be a winner. The screen was grey in one corner and the receive was noisy. Did not take more then a few days to send it back as a few members I knew did so.Bought the Kenwood TS 890 and was very happy.Bottom line be careful hopefully they will work the bugs out but should have never released it.

KL4QG Rating: 4/5 Jul 10, 2019 16:35 Send this review to a friend
Nice radio needs to upgrade volume not loud hearing impaired  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had 7610 few months and just got newest Ten Tec Omni VII+

I was shocked Omni VII+ pulled more SSB stations out of mud than the Icom 7610

Thing icom has going for it is NR but icom needs do something
About ssb filtering perhaps they need use Collins filters like Omni VII+

Iím almost deaf the volume never gets were I need it with 7610
were as Omni VII+ makes people sound like they are sitting in
next chair

Icom does nice with Heil ICM Mic
My son happy with 7610 so Iím going give it to him ,Iím keeping Ten Tec Omni VII+

Your be happy with 7610 if you have normal hearing if your hearing handicap than try Omni VII+

ZS4U Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2019 08:27 Send this review to a friend
18 Months down the line and still excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had the radio for 18 months now and it still looks and works just as great when I got it in 2017. It is a keeper!

OE1TRB Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2019 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Perfect radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
A great SDR transceiver from ICOM, I use my 2 radios on daily basis , they run fine , display is brilliant as on the first days. Quit receivers and easy handling compared to other producers hold the Quality Levels rather high.
cherio Thomas

K2JX Rating: 3/5 Jun 18, 2019 23:57 Send this review to a friend
Quality Issues  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Although I do like the quiet receiver, and the bells and whistles in this radio, I have had the TFT gray out issue. Now after spending $175 to ship the radio out to Kirkland Washington STATE, from Long Island for warranty replacement, I now have a new problem, Preamp 1 is dead. This radio replaced an Icom 7200 which was trouble free for the years I owned it. Very disappointed that a $3000 radio should have two fails in less than 1 year. If Icom paid for shipping under the so called warranty I'd have Preamp 1 repaired, it's just too costly to ship and insure for trip across the Country. Hopefully the finals don't fall off as others have experienced.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2019 16:11 Send this review to a friend
Nice overall radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased my IC 7610 back in August 2018 . When we 1st got it we was expecting to much out of a mid range price radio. I have found we really enjoy it on 40 and 80 meter cw on weak signals. No optional cw filters to buy and radio is easy to use overall .Its not my TS 990S so after we got over that we have learned to appreciate this fine radio.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2019 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Superb.  Time owned: more than 12 months
No problems with my Icom 7610 after using it for over year with daily use,The serial number starts with 130**** and the firmware version is 1.06, I have checked the screen for shadows and the milky effect other users have reported but my 7610 seems fine, Receive audio is very good and i always get complimented on the transmit audio with outstanding reports. I like the big clear display and water fall very much but if i have any problems or failures in the future i will report back and do a updated review.I spoke to a ZS station recently and he reported his 7610 had the shadow effect mainly on the first two numbers of the frequency readout.

Jim M0HDX