Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Anytone AT-D868uv dual-band DMR HT Help

Reviews Summary for Anytone AT-D868uv dual-band DMR HT
Anytone AT-D868uv dual-band DMR HT Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $169.00
Description: AnyTone AT-D868UV Digital DMR Dual-Band Handheld Commercial
Radio with GPS

Memory Channels 4,000 channels DMR Talk Groups 10,000 Digital Contacts 150,000 (complete worldwide database from DMR-MARC) Power Levels 4 programmable power levels: 6/4/2.5/1 Watt Transmit Power Levels. Zones 250 zones, up to 250 channels per zone. Display 1.77 inch color TFT Screen with selectable dual channel or single channel display. Battery Operate 35+ hours between charges with the supplied 3100 mAh lithium ion battery in the power saver mode. Bandwidth 12.5 / 25.0 kHz Analog, and 12.5 kHz DMR Import/Export Enhanced CPS allows direct input and export of channels, digital IDs and talkgroups. Industries Ideal for fire, search & rescue, EMS, police, sheriff, forestry, security patrols, business communications, schools, universities, and other organizations that have FCC licensed frequencies. DMR Compatibility Supports both Tier I and Tier II operation, making it compatible with DMR repeaters that utilize two-slot TDMA technology. Amateur Radio Also operational on amateur radio DMR networks and analog frequencies. Software importable worldwide amateur contact database. Programmable FCC 47CFR90.203 requires the keypad locked in the shipping configuration. Software keypad unlocking and re- programming are available with the included USB Programming Cable. Speaker Connection 2-pin style Kenwood/Wouxun type earphone and speaker mic connection for a variety of accessories. Quiet Tones CTCSS/DCS tone squelch with split tone and custom tone capability. Frequency Range 136-174 / 400-480 MHz RX/TX Package Includes Dual-band VHF/UHF Radio, 3100 mAh extended life lithium ion battery, desk charger w/ AC adapter, Dual-band antenna, belt clip, free USB Programming cable and downloadable software, user manual. Certifications FCC Part 90 Certified, FCC ID: T4KD868UV Firmware Version Firmware v2.29 is now available

More info: http://www.anytone.net/supply/dmr-radio-sales.html

You can write your own review of the Anytone AT-D868uv dual-band DMR HT.

K0VAR Rating: 1/5 Oct 10, 2018 17:03 Send this review to a friend
Locked up after one day  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Locked up!
I had the code plug programmed.
I talked on both analog and digital repeaters much of the evening.
Then switched to timeslot one and chatted for an hour wirh friends.
The radio was warm. I put it in the charger For overnight.
The next morning i turned it on and it never moved past the name screen. Locked up! Useless! Seller said send it back
or I could see if it was reprogrammable to fix it.
The pulsing clock noise on anologe RX, the buzing on the receiver signal when its in the charger, and now locked up unusable! I dont trust it.

KE4IAJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2018 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Works great, excellent value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellent DMR HT, easy to program, constant firmware updates making it better and better.

To me this is the best DMR HT on the market for the money, even better than the well known TYT, Radioddity's, etc.

The best part is it holds 160,000 contacts! This is my daily go-to HT for analog and DMR. I'm ready for the AnyTone mobile DMR radio to be released!

A few more features that separates it from the rest of the competition is 8 watt output, same antenna's that the common Baofeng's use, and no stupid useless track ball! (TVT 2017 dig lol)...

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2018 17:36 Send this review to a friend
The best DMR portable radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In 5 years I have been involved in the new DMR mode for UHF and VHF, I have owned already all chinese radios, starting with Hytera, then Tyteras, CS, and recently Ailunce the Anytone D668UV which is for me the best option for a low afordable price.
The display besides to be big enough can give you all details about the station you are talking with. His DMR ID, the TG and zone where you are, the guy full name, city, county/province and country, the time, the received signal, etc all you will need in the same window.
It received both bands at once, VHF and UHF but only one will pass over the audio amp, the one that appeared first in the IF passband is the one we will hear, the other will be muted until the band in use be quite again. That mean is not a full dual watch radio but it help to hear what is going on in both bands without having to change zones.
The international ID data base has now more than 100 thousand users, this radio will store up to 150K of them, no more typing ID and data in your lists, its there for you and very easy to upload it to the radio.
Technical specs.
I checked mine with a Motorola service monitor and I had 7W out on VHF and 5.5W on UHF in FM analog, and same values on DMR.
Sensitivity is excellent, on FM squelch will open with 0.15 microvolts in both bands and with 0.25 signal is very quite.Tx freq error was just 10Hz off on both bands.
Received audio is very loud and clean, no distorsion at all. My TX audio is been reported loud and clear.
Today with no doubt for less than $170 USD this the best choice taking in count all the features.
Oh I forgot did you guys know that you can load any picture you want to the welcome display, yes you can and in my radio I can see my new house when it start. Cool.
In three months using it daily, I have had no issues at all, it works always fine.

N6LDJ Rating: 2/5 Jul 15, 2018 18:23 Send this review to a friend
Locks-up if left in charger on; but *very* capable radio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Radio performs the following functions that may be important to repeater owners needing to monitor activity on their repeaters, or find active talkgroups. All of these features come from factory, most are poorly documented.

- Decode and display of the following:
Talkgroup ID
Private Call ID
Timeslot No.
Color Code
Complete Caller ID (name and location if lookup list populated)

(all the above without having to know the CC or TS like the MD380 and most others)

- True promiscuous-mode operation on programmed slot or both slots (FIFO); this goes beyond ETSI OVCM (Open Voice Channel Mode), which can be more restrictive.

- Automatic DMR/Analog decode (selectable); works in channel scan** and band scan

- Has SMA (male) connector on radio for external antenna

- Construction quality is reasonable

- Radio will lock-up when left in charger after battery is depleted, and requires that battery be completely removed to reset. This is my second radio, FW V2.3. I leave the radio on 24/7, for several years, until I sell it, which is why I experienced this. If you use private call, you will leave your radio on all the time (no reason to turn off).

If the radio is in charger, why does the battery deplete? We don't know - first radio I have ever owned (over 30 years) that will not be trickle-charged in charger. Bat voltage gets too low and instead of turning off, I am told processor voltage gets too low and crashes it.

- Once display times out, it goes completely blank; no B&W or grey-scale or dimmed mode like all my other radios I have owned (Hytera, Motorola, Bendix King/Relm, Kenwood, ICOM, etc.). So the user will set the display time to infinity or a very long time, which depletes battery faster (but radio has great run time).

- Volume steps too course, so a very low setting cannot always be attained.

- Key-up and repeater access time is double to triple that of Hytera and Motorola radios (say 350ms versus maybe 150 ms; usable but not competitive.

- there is no way to set band scan edges, which would be a nice addition.

- ** Sloooww memory channel scan; tis is actually slower than ICOM radios!

There is no other radio on the market now that can do what this one does, right out of the box. Wish there was a mobile with remote head. Radio is actually quite good otherwise, with fewer up-front problems than others in its price class.

Highly recommend purchase from Connect Systems / CSI (http://www.csi-radios.com/at-d868uv/). Great practical support, even though the radio has some issues. They respond fast.

Lock-up may be solved by purchasing the battery eliminator.

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2018 01:06 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I first got this rig, it would freeze up quite often. A new firmware came out and after flashing it. No more freezing. I did not have anything to compare it to. I heard so much great stuff about the MD-380, I bought one of those. Now I can say this, Anytone is an excellent radio. The receive audio is much nicer than the 380. The ability to download the entire user data base without any mods is great. The radio has a battery that normally last 2-3 days. Nothing bad I can say about the 868.
You won't regret buying this rig. BTW the analog channels are FB too. And it is also a dual-bander. If you could only afford one handheld and you are interested in DMR. Look no further.

KB4TXW Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2018 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Nice Radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Anytone AT-D868UV after reading multiple reviews online, but knew that I could return it if it was a dud. Based on the price point I was expecting something similar to a TYT. I was wrong! I am very impressed with the build quality of the radio, much more professional like quality. In hand it has a very nice feel. My radio came with the high the capacity 3100mah battery, it easily runs all day long on one charge. It worked very well out of the box with the 2.29 firmware, but the newest right now is 2.30 and it is really good, no major issues. The sensitivity on both analog and digital is fine on both VHF and UHF with the stock antenna, I compared it to some of my other HT's, a lot of repeaters in my area, and it seems to as good. I couldn't tell any noticeable difference in terms of machines I can hit, local and fringe. The RX audio is very good, it has PLENTY of volume. The TX audio is clear and smooth. I have had several on air compliments. The display looks good too, bright, clear, nice layout. The programming software is very different from the normal structure most are used to. Terminology, hidden menus etc. It is more similar to an Excel sheet. It takes some time to get used to, it needs a lot of improvement but is functional. Most everything is programmable from the radio front panel which is nice to change settings on the fly. Being dual band is nice, no carrying two radios now. Yes there are a few minor quirks here and there but no radio is perfect. Overall I like this radio very much, so far it has been a pleasant experience. Time will tell. YMMV.

KJ4I Rating: 2/5 Jun 5, 2018 03:48 Send this review to a friend
I want to like this radio but...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really wanted to like this new radio but it has left me less impressed than I had expected to be after reading many reviews. My main dislike is what seems to be a lack of receive sensitivity in analog mode. It's just not there. I know we are talking about a handheld radio with little more than a dummy load for an antenna but this comparison is between the AT-D868uv and a couple more ht's that I have owned for a long time. I have switched and swapped antennas for comparison. No luck. The thing just don't receive like my other ht's do. I can have them sitting side by and the Wouxun and my older Anytone will hear almost full quieting, what the 868 can't even hear with the squelch set on 1 (the lowest setting). There are other minor things but I knew about those and accepted them before I ever purchased the radio so I won't mention those here. I love the build quality and the radio feels solid but for the time being I'm having second thoughts on my purchase. I guess it's possible I could have got a lemon but I can't be sure of that short of comparing it with another one. If Anytone can work out a few more bugs then we might have a decent little radio but until they do, I may have to look elsewhere or go back with a Kenwood, Icom, or Yaesu.

KD4EG Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2018 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Radio is Excellent , CPS and Software is buggy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't give this a 5 because the CPS Software as well as the radio software is buggy. The radio itself receiver is excellent, transmit and receiver audio is excellent. In this price range it as about as good as they get I think.

W9APX Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2018 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Best non-MotoTRBO DMR radio out there!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For DMR, I usually use either my Motorola XPR4550 mobile at the base station, or the XPR7550 HT. But when AnyTone released the AT-D868UV last September, I knew instantly that I had to have one. It is a DUAL-BAND, dual-mode (DMR/Analog) HT from China, but it certainly does NOT feel like the typical Chinese-made radio. Its build quality feels like a good Kenwood or Icom radio. I purchased mine from Connect Systems.

With the earlier versions of the CPS software, the radio had a lot of bugs and glitches. But with the latest CPS and Firmware updates, the radio is quite stable and functions very well. Maximum output power on mine measures 7.4W on VHF, 6.5W on UHF (on the "turbo" setting). I have no problem getting into DMR and Analog repeaters that are 20+ miles away. The stock antenna was immediately replaced with a BNC adapter and then either a Diamond RH-707 or a RH77-CA, which improved Rx and Tx. Extra batteries are cheap at $30 for the 3,100 mA version.

If I want to take a radio with me for the day that has both DMR and Analog, but know I'll also want to talk on 2m repeaters, I take the AnyTone AT-D868UV with me every time.

DL2DMC Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2018 23:49 Send this review to a friend
All you need   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first "Chinese built" radio.

For my big surprise, this is an awesome rig. It features DMR and analog modes in both VHF and UHF.
I got very good feedback from other OM's for the radio's crystal clear and loud modulation. On the NF side, it has a very powerful output, ideal for outdoor and mobile use. My yaesu transceivers are by far not loud enough to be operated in a noisy environment. The D868UV blows them all away.

The device is very lightweight compared to my older analog rigs, the battery runtime is excellent.

100 % recommendation.