Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | IAC Shorty 80 Meter Double Bazooka antenna Help

Reviews Summary for IAC Shorty 80 Meter Double Bazooka antenna
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$179
Description: For 80 meters. The same high-performance, Mil-Spec
quality construction of our standard double-bazooka
antenna, in a smaller size! This unique coil design,
coupled with the already proven Double Bazooka Antenna
characteristics, provides maximum radiation efficiency
and a broad bandwidth but in a reduced length.
More info: http://iacantennas.com/80m-Shorty-Double-Bazooka-Antenna.20

You can write your own review of the IAC Shorty 80 Meter Double Bazooka antenna.

KD4LIR Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2019 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Results  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using a "Shorty" Bazooka for over 20 years on 80M. My lot is only 30' wide and 90' deep so a full length antenna on 80M is not possible. I get the same signal reports as anyone else on a full length antenna and it hears the same as well. My original antenna lasted 17 years without any maintenance until I took a direct lightning hit and the antenna was burned in 2 pieces. I got a replacement and it works just like the first one. This is the quietest antenna I ever used and I have had many antennas over the years. I am licensed since 1961 so I have been around the block and nothing was ever as good as my IAC. Super customer service and extremely high quality construction. My antenna was up through at least 2 or more hurricanes over the years and never failed. Goes to show if you buy good quality it pays off in performance and longevity. This antenna can take all the watts of legal limit++++. I don't think you will ever be sorry if you try one.
Bob "KD4LIR"

AD8DT Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2018 08:31 Send this review to a friend
As advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna was one of the few viable options for 75m at my QTH. It was recommended by an informal 40m group which I sometimes tune in.
Followed supplied installation instructions to a tee. Apex at about 50', fed w/ 75' RG8X, inverted vee w/ 120 deg. angle. SWR is 1.02:1 on trim (fold-back) freq. of 3.850 and < 1.2 across the 75m phone band.
I worked three 80m nets last night with 29 QSOs in about 4 hours - many 5 by 9s from guys I couldn't pull out of the mud on 20 or 40. Had lots of people ask about the antenna.
I could not be more pleased. The antenna also passed the wind test last night - 40 mph. I used screen door springs as suggested for strain relief.
Outstanding design, materials, workmanship and tech support in getting it deployed.