Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade Help

Reviews Summary for Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade
Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $150.00 USD
Description: LED back light upgrade for the Icom 756PRO Series. Replaces the aging CCFL lights which are prone to failure. Also eliminates the worry of the HV inverter circuit failing.
More info: http://www.qrz.com/db/ve3tmt

You can write your own review of the Icom 756PRO Series LED Upgrade.

W5CAH Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2018 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-756PRO display repair/upgrade  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 756PRO purchased new in 2000 was suffering a dimming LCD display. I ordered Max Donoghue's (VE3TMT) LED upgrade kit, installed it and am happy to report a successful install and great results. As others have stated take your time and follow the PDF Max provides.

KA0LDG Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2018 18:48 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I highly recommend this! Either have Max (VE3TMT) do the mod for you or do it yourself as I did. Be prepared to take your time though as it's not a plug and play mod. Go slow, follow the precise directions, and you'll be rewarded with a new bright display. Max is very responsive to email questions and the kit is top-notch!

K5TCP Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2018 22:42 Send this review to a friend
5 Stars!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my Pro 3 front panel to Max based on great reviews. Smooth process and highly recommended. Follow his advise when you get the panel back! Check the ribbon cables! Overall VERY happy! If you got a Pro series radio a must. Tks Max!

VE2JD Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2018 00:12 Send this review to a friend
My Brand new screen  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For the follow-up during the installation of part for the screen of my old PRO3(But brand new now)
Especially for advice during Installation...
It response in a minute to the mail.!!!!
A very Pro Ham !
Merci
Jacques(VE2JD)

VE3UFA Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2018 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Well done kit Work Well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this kit from Max & was impressed with his quick communication for any questions I had.I read the Instructions a few times before i began. They are well described with appropriate color pics. It took about 3 hrs in total without rushing. Just take your time & be gentle on those small plastic parts. There is a little soldering to do but just take your time & you should be fine.Its nice to get the brightness back immediately with no warm up time.
Its a great kit & I would recommend to anyone.

WA7LA Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2018 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Professional, efficient, knowledgeable, rapid service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Concise Review: Professional, efficient, knowledgeable, rapid service
Verbose Review: Although not experiencing display issues with my iCom 756 PRO III, I decided to take proactive advantage of LED Kit availability as result of web searches, eHam reviews., and Max Donoghue webpage on QRZ.com. Initially, LED kit was backordered and Max stayed in frequent email contact advising delivery; a week later the kit was at my QTH. After careful review of Maxís provided pictorial instructions I realized my aging eyes and not-so-steady-soldering hand would make self-installation difficult. Consultation with Max resulted in my sending 756 front panel, and still unopened LED kit, to him for installation. Max acknowledged receipt of my panel, provided email photos of the before/after installation, and return shipping tracking information.
In summary, if all transactions went this efficiently, HAM radio and e-commerce would always be a wonderful experience. Max Donoghue is an honorable professional, knowledgeable in his offering, and provides rapid service.
Lenny Angello
WA7LA
Bellingham, WA USA

VK3OE Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2018 03:59 Send this review to a friend
IC 756 PIII led upgrade  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Quick delivery from Max, well packed, no damage. Easy to install following excellent directions, worked first time. The PIII now looks great after years of a dim display.

VE3CSS Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2018 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Great kit, great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just puchased and installed Max's LED kit....wow, a bright display ! This is a must have for any owners of the 756 Pro II, it will have to be done someday, so get the kit ! Max was great help with my installation and the end result is a very nice bright screen. Max stands behind his product 100 %, so have no worries about installation, or problems that might pop up down the road. Highly recommended....I'm in love with my Pro II again.

W6NFL Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2018 20:33 Send this review to a friend
A MUST FOR 756 PRO SERIES  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I went ahead and shipped mine to Max and had it turned around to me within two weeks! He did a fantastic job installing the LED Kit and the brightness is now instant and vivid and well, very bright. Great communications with him via email and text and phone call. He sells it in kit form as well if youíre handy mechanically and slightly with a soldering iron you will probably be fine just doing it yourself....just order the kit from him. Any questions you might have Iíve read he replies quickly via email or you can call him. Iím glad I had this work done. No more waiting for your screen to get bright or worrying about when or if itís going to come on!

K4FJK Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2018 11:38 Send this review to a friend
A great mod for 756 Pro series radios   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished the kit installation today and am so impressed with the display results. I did run into a problem early on when I broke the led strip in half. I was trying to reposition it and used too much force. Thankfully Max sent me another one via express mail and was up and running 3 days later. I emailed Max several times during the installation and he always answered almost immediately each time. The parts he supplied are quality and his instructions are detailed and illustrated with colorful, clear photographs. The kit requires some soldering and a healthy amount of patience. My 756 Pro
III display looks like new again.