Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FTM-7250DR Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FTM-7250DR
Yaesu FTM-7250DR Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $269.95
Description: C4FM/FM 144/430MHz Dual-Band Digital Mobile
50W C4FM/FM Dual-Band Digital
More info: http://https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=106&encProdID=A2FF443FFA7DE7C16072D3EBEC69D19A&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTM-7250DR.

2E1VAR Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2018 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Sweet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice little radio. Simple to use, being used to Yaesu radios I had this programmed up with all 2/70 repeaters etc. with alpha tags within the hour. Receiving a few marginal repeaters slighter better than my IC-7100 on the same antenna.
Couple of niggles based on previous reviews:
1 - The speaker sounds rubbish, yes it's loud but it's very tinny. Probably great mobile but in the shack it sounds loads better on a cheap extension speaker.
2 - Scan speed, it's loads quicker than most Ham radios, probably 15-20 ch/sec but it's nothing like a turbo scanner. I'm into scanning and hoped this would double up but it's just too slow still.

Minor niggles really, overall it's a great little unit. That said in the UK it's only 70 cheaper than the FTM-100 which includes GPS, APRS etc. so I think it could be a little cheaper.

WB6YZZ Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2018 22:52 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
4.5 is my score. Reason: No manual squelch!? Each channel has a digital squelch setting. Somewhat annoying, when you are scanning memories and one channel burps - then scan continues and you have to keep a close eye on the radio to see which channel it is, then go into the rig to set the squelch higher.

Otherwise very nice radio. Scans fast. Audio loud and clear - no need for an external speaker or spkr/amp.

KE4WI Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2018 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the FTM 7250 about a month ago and installed it in my car. Good audio. Easy to hear over road noise. Very pleased with the functionality of the radio. I also purchased the RT Systems programming software that makes programming a piece of cake. Very impressed with the construction and on air reports. Front panel is easy to get around on. Great little radio. Definitely a winner.

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2018 00:52 Send this review to a friend
New Toy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased at Hamvention last weekend. I've been looking at this for a while, and after seeing it live and in person at the Yaesu booth, I decided to go to the HRO booth and buy one.

It programs easily from the front panel. Being able to enter frequencies using the numeric keypad on the microphone is a very nice feature.

Note that in C4FM mode, this radio does voice only, no data.

It also does not have a GPS in it, like other System Fusion capable mobile radios. But since I intend to use it at home, and I know where home is, the GPS wasn't needed for my purpose.

I've been getting good reports on the transmitted audio quality.

The front firing speaker produces PLENTY of audio. It sounds good too.

Receiver sensitivity is quite good. I'm hearing distant repeaters that I usually don't hear.

I like the one button NOAA weather radio feature.

This thing is small, and it is heavy for it's size. It would fit nicely in a car if you wanted to use it mobile.

Granted I've only had this radio for a few days, but I'm pleased with my purchase. And based on my experience so far, I'd buy it again. For my use, this radio was a good choice.

73 de N8AUC
Eric

M6NAE Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2018 13:53 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The yaesu ftm-7250dr radio is a heavy radio. but the audio is crisp and clear. the radio easy to program.it also has a good receive..one problem i have found.. when in momory mode..you can-not delete a memory you can mask it or over write the memory. but you cant delete the memory. after speaking to yaesu. they said it might be resolved after a firmware upgrade or software from there website at a later date. i have had the radio for 1 week. great audio reports. display screen size 2" inches wide and half inch tall. bit the display is clear to see..
it's a great radio..7.3

N6DXX Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2018 01:03 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu has a winner here  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am an analog kinda guy and I thought with this radio I could ease into the world of digital communications. We'll see. Meanwhile it works great doing analog FM. I use it as my base station running 25 watts. So far the fan has never come on. Signal reports on its audio are good. It is easy to program manually and has only 5 buttons to use in programming. I love the wide frequency receive giving me the VHF aircraft band and Weather channels. It has a solid feel to it and the front firing speaker is a big plus. Yaesu's AMS feature is nice. It will detect the incoming signal's mode and transmit in kind or not - your choice.
Two minor nits:
1. At 25 watts, the display reads LO.
2. Only 6 characters are usable when creating a memory label. The 8th spot is always taken by a letter which designates the transmit mode.
Neither is a deal breaker and to date I am very happy with this radio.

Tony, N6DXX

W9SA Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2018 03:17 Send this review to a friend
Nice Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received this from R&L last week. I put it in my shack and found it to be very easy to program and the receive audio and reports have been great.

N8DJR Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2018 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Way better this time around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally no strange noises from the speaker, no annoying cooling fan, no squelch tail crash at the tail end of a received signal like that of the 3200DR & 100DR. This little radio is built like a brick and is heavy like one too, gives a new meaning to "Boat Anchor" you could toss this baby over the side of an aircraft carrier and bring her to full stop! It runs cool, their new FACC: Funnel Air-Convection Conductor (Wind Tunnel) turbo charged V-twin after burner flux capacitor cooling system works well. The scan is fast like a turbo scanner with the wide band coverage they gave this radio including the VHF AM aircraft band and UHF military aircraft band too including SATCOM military satellites, you can monitor the Portuguese pirates use SATCOM as their personal CB set FTM-7250 tunes from 1.25cm all the way to 70cm no gaps and you can change the RX mode at will from FM to AM. The radio is packed full of features for those who are into Digital ID and Wires-X both of which I have no interest in so I am a little disappointed the Yaesu took away the ability to set programmable buttons P-1 & P-2 to what I want instead they are factory set to DG-ID stuff. Audio reports are great as expected and the speaker audio is that of an external Motorola speaker it is LOUD! blow the doors off your mobile loud, how Yaesu packed the punch in that wee little radio is beyond me but they did. The Blue display is so much better than the usual ugly orange, that's getting old and out dated tired of that default color it's about time these newer radios come with something else to look at than bland old screens. Yaesu still uses a stupid sponge behind the mic key and after time it will complete fail (flatten out) and soon you'll have a hot touchy mic and if you're not careful it will key up without you and you'll be that guy dead keying the repeater. I have been using the radio as a scanner and transmitting C4FM on the 2 DR-1X repeaters we have and both 2m & 70cm bands are perfect the AMS works flawless switching between DN, VW, FM, if you want a C4FM mobile and you're not looking for GPS or APRS this radio is well worth it and I can see Yaesu having a coupon special on this one down the road too even cheaper than $270.