Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FTM-7250DR Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FTM-7250DR
Yaesu FTM-7250DR Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $269.95
Description: C4FM/FM 144/430MHz Dual-Band Digital Mobile
50W C4FM/FM Dual-Band Digital
More info: http://https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=106&encProdID=A2FF443FFA7DE7C16072D3EBEC69D19A&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTM-7250DR.

NX0E Rating: 4/5 Jul 24, 2019 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Good radio bad documentation  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The radio runs well with good audio on both rx and tx. Digital mode is fun and clear. I am no fan of Yaesu documentation, though. Each new radio has less printed in the manual, and even the online "advanced" documents are saying less. Yaesu must pay their writer by the word! Simple additions would help. In the extensive list of menu settings, they should say which are stored per memory and which setting are global. And why the USB cable and port that does nothing?

N8AUC Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2019 13:42 Send this review to a friend
One year update  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's been a year since I purchased my FTM-7250DR at Hamvention. It's been rock solid reliable, and works great. It's easy to program from the front panel. Although I think I'm going to explore programming software options. Just to see what it will do.

Overall, I've been very happy with the radio. No regrets on the purchase. I'd do it all over again.

K6ITR Rating: 4/5 May 22, 2019 04:01 Send this review to a friend
Good, simple dual band, not so good filtering.   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this radio to replace my FT1900 because I wanted a basic dual-band mobile. This is the least-expensive brand-name radio on the market without going to cheap Chinese knock-offs. I'm generally happy with it, but there are a couple of issues.
Pros: Compact, same size as the FT1900 it replaced. Front firing speaker, which for me eliminates the need for an extension speaker. Simple interface, programming is virtually the same as my FT1900, except for some of the digital features. C4FM and Wires-X-capable. No unneeded bells and whistles.
Cons: Poor adjacent-channel rejection in RF-rich environments. I find myself running the RF Squelch higher than I'd like, which doesn't always help. Some RF interference will actually peg the S meter, which never happened on the FT1900. Not enough power settings. Only 50/25/5 watts. It needs something between 5 and 25 like my FT1900 had.
Some folks don't like the lack of a separate squelch knob, but these days it's very common across all brands.
This is probably the best bargain you'll find for a brand-name dual band mobile, and you get digital. Just be aware of the filtering issue.

KE0PQV Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2019 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
This radio does exactly what it is advertised to do. Audio is clear, receives great.

My setup is in-dash with a Larsen NMO mount. I've never had issues with overheating, never even heard the fan during a ragchew.

AE7NM Rating: 4/5 Feb 21, 2019 05:57 Send this review to a friend
A Basic Radio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this to use in a portable station. It has a simple user's interface. I don't need dual band receive capability. It is small, but heavy. I suppose the weight is due to the heat management system. The fan, when it runs, is quiet.
There are few controls, yet the human interface is simple. It helps to read the manual. I am new to the digital stuff. I did manage a contact on a digital repeater. It audio is good on digital. The front mounted speaker is loud enough to hear over car noise and crowd noise. it produces clear, undistorted audio.

It would be nice if the mic buttons were labeled better. You push the C key then rotate the knob to adjust the squelch. Likewise, the D key changes the power output. The *, #, A, and B keys are also shortcuts, but they are all unlabeled as to their function. The receiver normally uses noise squelch, but there is a RF squelch that is saved with memorized channels. The RF squelch is handy for AM reception, in the aviation band,for example. It is also good for other when you don't want to hear distant FM stations even if they open the noise squelch.
As I said, the user interface is simple, once you READ THE BOOK.

G1XXV Rating: 0/5 Jan 31, 2019 03:22 Send this review to a friend
poor radio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I brought this Radio 3 months ago to replace my 30 year old Alinco. However my Alinco has been reprieved due to this Radio being totally useless as a 2m/70cms mobile radio, and a waste of money. It doesn't appear to be able to monitor 2m and 70cms at the same time. A must have on any VHF/UHF mobile Radio. I can't be fussed by altering Bands while driving, it's to dangerous. Now I'm looking buy another Radio that will work as a proper mobile Radio. This will become an emergency spare. I wouldn't sell it to anyone as it's not a fit for use as a mobile radio.

VE7GYR Rating: 3/5 Jan 26, 2019 04:53 Send this review to a friend
Good Effort, but....  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is the third Yaesu dual band mobile I have owned, and this is the one I like the least.

Yes, it receives and transmits just fine. And with an outboard speaker, the audio is acceptable.

But who was the genius that decided to get rid of the squelch knob? I have pulled this radio out of my vehicle, and I have it up for sale now. The radio is very difficult to use without a squelch knob.

N8GD Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2019 19:14 Send this review to a friend
Easy Upgrade!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the 7250 as an upgrade from my FTM-3200DR 2M radio. I now have VHF AND UHF analog/digital in one packaga. The switch from the 3200 was very easy - programming and menus are virtually identical, as is the operation of both rigs. I really like this transceiver in my shack.

N5RV Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2018 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Using as base  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I enjoy the simple interface, being used as a base station. I do not like the slight speaker pop while scanning, but if I keep other noise in the room I don't hear the pop as it scans each channel. Also, I don't expect to do much memory scanning in the future. I would imagine in a vehicle it would be OK, but you'd have to see for yourself. I live 25-30 miles from the repeaters and the 50w on both bands helps. It receives clean even on the weakest signals.

W2XAB Rating: 3/5 Nov 8, 2018 04:55 Send this review to a friend
The Good and the Bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The analog is great, Fusion audio is very good, but the networked capability of the local Fusion repeater using Wires-X ruins the whole thing with crappy hot spots with marginal internet connections.

Too bad Yaesu didn't include DMR in the radio, then it would have been 1000% better.