Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | SDRplay RSPduo Dual Tuner 14-bit SDR Help

Reviews Summary for SDRplay RSPduo Dual Tuner 14-bit SDR
SDRplay RSPduo Dual Tuner 14-bit SDR Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $279.95
Description: The SDRplay RSPduo Radio Spectrum Processor is a wideband
full featured 14-bit Dual-tuner SDR receiver, which
covers the entire RF spectrum from 1kHz through 2GHz with
10MHz of spectrum visibility, with 3 software selectable
antenna ports. This SDR can also simultaneously monitor
two completely separate 2MHz bands of spectrum anywhere
between 1kHz and 2GHz.
More info: http://https://www.sdrplay.com/rspduo/

You can write your own review of the SDRplay RSPduo Dual Tuner 14-bit SDR.

KW4CQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2018 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Paired it with my IC-7610 and WOW!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently added the RSPduo and SDRuno to my arsenal of DX chasing tools and I'm so glad I did. The spectrum analyzer and waterfall display aided me in no small way in finding an opening in the recebt KH1/KH7Z DXpedition pileup on 40m cw. I paired the RSPduo with my Icom IC-7610 sharing a common antenna using the Icom's RX/IN and RX/OUT ports. I used a Mini Circuits ZSC-2-2+ Power Splitter to make the connection between the Icom and the antenna. For added front end RF protection to the front end of the RSPduo I placed an Array Solutions RF Limiter/Arrestor, Model AS-RXFEP in line with the Icom RX/OUT and the RSPduo antenna input. Full tech specs on these relatively low cost devices are available on the manufacturer's web sites. My display is a 27" Samsung monitor, which gives me a fantastic view of SDRuno's controls, frequency spectrum bandspread, and waterfall. A pair of Bose sound powered PC connected speakers produces some awesome listening pleasure on SSB signals from the RSPduo. I can conveniently operate transmitting on the IC-7610 while listening and spectrum monitoring on the RSPduo, or on the 7610 alone.
Try it you'll like it.
73, Bob...KW4CQ

KC5LL Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2018 18:29 Send this review to a friend
So easy a knothead like me can use it.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My goal is to end up with a Flex 6600 but a major air conditioner repair has put that purchase on hold. I found the RSPDuo online somewhere and started researching it. Long story short, three days after I ordered it the RSPDuo is here in Texas. I read the quick start manual and downloaded the software. In about 15 minutes I am transfixed by the display on my computer screen. It jumps easily from band to band and the display is incredible. I am waiting on an MFJ-1708SDR and cable to hook to my Yaesu 991 so my hex can share this RSPDuo with my Yaesu. Very very cool so far and seems to be really sensitive. More as I learn more.

N3HKN Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2018 13:49 Send this review to a friend
For SDR Performance it is Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would disagree with one item - SDRuno RSP1A management software. It is not simple and easy to use. It was designed to allow very detailed measurements that were repeatable. As such, some language and options are a bit arcane. It takes time to understand each option, how they interact with each other and their actual purpose. I have spent 4 days with the RSP1A/SDRuno combo and finally I am comfortable changing settings without the fear of not being able to return to the original set.

I operate with 5 windows in SDRuno each has its own functions with some dependency on other window's settings. The Overall Main window has Stop/Start and basic settings. RX Control offers just about every option you can think of for detecting and manipulating a very wide variety of formats/modulations. The EX control window deals with notch and other filters. I have not used it much - yet. Aux SP window offers a display of the selected audio spectrum. Zero to 6khz. The primary window is the Main SP. Here you have one of two S-meters, a spectrum display as a waterfall and the convention oscilloscope section. It also has the actual selected/clicked frequency feature. A recording and memory window round out the the set. Probably many of the same capabilities of the Icom 7300 & 7610 are in this package.

The instructions are good and I give then a B grade. You can never give an A for instructions if a human is reading them. Wait for good AI.

I use the RSP1/SDRuno as a panadaptor for my FT-450D. Giving the RSP1A its own antenna removes the need for antenna switching devices. The FT-450D is fully controlled by the software with simple point/clicks -- bands, modes, gains and the best, clicking on the spectrum/waterfall to go to a particular station. One other layer of icing is that an entire band can be displayed and used in a very comfortable manner.

W5NG Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2018 04:01 Send this review to a friend
Incredible value and performance!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The performance of this receiver is simply incredible! I also have the RSP1A and the RSP2pro, and just added the RSPduo to my collection of receivers. The RSPduo has the best of everything; 2 independent receivers, 14-bit ADC, heavy duty robust metal enclosure to protect the SDR and help shield RFI, and three software selectable antenna ports! For the price, the performance and flexibility of this SDR is off the charts. Unbelievable sensitivity and the ability to control all parameters and dial in reception is amazing. And I do mean unbelievable sensitivity! I have owned many, many great receivers, and this small box will stand toe to toe with the best of them. And as a bonus, you have two independent receivers in one small box! Amazing, just amazing.

One caution, be careful around high power RF and transmitters. MFJ is making a switch box with internal protection that may be an option worth considering. These SDR receivers are very sensitive, relatively robust, but not bullet proof! A little internet searching will provide many options. I have not had any problems with my SDRplay receivers, but I am cautious to unplug antennas before keying a transmitter.

Worried about the SDR computer control and interface? It's no big deal. Simply download SDRuno from the SDRplay website, plug in a USB cable between the computer and RSPduo, attach an antenna to one of the three ports, and you are in business. Skip up and down the bands and change modes with a click of the mouse. Adjust bandwidths and remove noise or interference with ease. Hook up a second antenna, and monitor two separate bands effortlessly. Absolutely amazing performance, and best of all, it is simple to use! The software control of this SDR is so straightforward that even I can do it, without any difficulty at all (and I routinely struggle with computers). If you have any concerns about computer set up and operation, there are several youtube videos out there that will take you through all the steps from unpacking the SDR through computer control and operation in about 10 to 20 minutes. It just works.

This product is seriously worth the effort to learn the operation, and you may never want another conventional receiver again. It will spoil you in a hurry. I have been waiting decades for SDR technology and computer software to get to this point, and SDRplay has delivered a real winner here.

The folks at SDRplay have something big going on in small packages, and the RSPduo is a big winner in my opinion!

I highly recommend any the SDRplay RSPduo.