Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | CRKits HT-1A CW Transceiver Help

Reviews Summary for CRKits HT-1A CW Transceiver
CRKits HT-1A CW Transceiver Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $150
Description: The HT-1A is a new 20/40m dual band CW transceiver semi-kit with all SMD parts
pre-mounted. As a little brother of the well known HB-1B, the HT-1A has solid
performance, useful features and neat appearance. As a new line of CRKITS.COM,
it is in a semi kit form with strong modification capabilities and easy alignment. It is
a real CW radio with 5 watts output, low noise single signal receiver, RIT and XIT,
AGC and S-meter, built-in keyer, full break-in and even side tone selection from
500, 600 or 700 Hz.
More info: http://crkits.com

You can write your own review of the CRKits HT-1A CW Transceiver.

K9DRP Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2019 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Great little rig!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered an assembled HT-1A from CRKITS, but they shipped me the kit instead. Adam was very willing to do what was needed to make things right, but wasn't able to get an assembled unit shipped to me before Field Day. So I opted to take a refund of the difference and build the kit myself. I'm glad I did.

This was the first kit that I've built entirely by myself. But the instructions (you have to download), and Adam's Youtube video for the build, convinced me to give it a try. It took me quite a bit longer than the two hours advertised in which to put this kit together, but I was determined not to make a rookie mistake. I have never had to wind toroids before, so I sought additional instructions on that (thank goodness for the internet). It wasn't too hard for this first-timer, and the radio came to life with the first toggle of the power switch.

I am very impressed with this little radio. I compared it side by side with my Ten-Tec Argonaut V, on a night with poor propagation and heavy QRN. I could not perceive a difference between the two receivers. I enjoy QRP fox hunts, and working split frequencies is no problem with the XIT on this rig.

I ordered the HT-1A to use in the field, but I find it being my go-to QRP rig in the shack. At $150 I would think Adam would have a hard time keeping any in stock.

K4LXY Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2019 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Agreed - great little QRP rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also bought mine from Larry. He was out of kits, so I got the assembled and aligned model. I added the RF gain control on the back - quite useful. Since I don't like charging cells in series, I decided against adding an internal battery. Instead, I used the space to add a zero beat indicator. I've only had it a few days but have had a number of good, solid ragchews with it already. Well designed, and a bargain at $175 assembled.

N9ZI Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2019 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Good QRP Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased mine from Larry @ QRVTronics in USA, assembled and aligned, very fast shipping. Radio works very well on both 20 and 40 meters, good receiver, and have been told keying sounds very good and clean. I use small HBJ12680 Li-on pack, available on E bay for $20.00 shipped. Very light and compact, nice for cheaper way to get 2 band QRP radio and battery pack runs a long time with very little voltage drop.

KD4CB Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2018 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got it. Be aware that shipping time to East Coast is on the long side of two weeks.

Really unbeatable at the price. I did pay the extra $25 to get it already assembled and aligned.

Decent audio, low noise, good signal reports on TX on a 20m half-wave dipole in the attic through a tuner. Looking forward to trying it on my QRP loop antenna.

Light and compact.

Controls not intuitive, but not complicated, either.

Haven't had it on a peak yet, but very happy with its performance in the shack.