Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MP Classic mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for MP Classic mobile antenna
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$60
Description: multiband, multi polarization mobile antenna

Works great
More info: http://www.mpantenna.com/product/ham-radio-scanner-antenna-mobile-nmo/

You can write your own review of the MP Classic mobile antenna.

K5TED Rating: 4/5 Jul 3, 2018 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Improvement over whip  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was an eye opener for me. My interests in mobile include typical ham 2m/70cm comms, but also aircraft band, public service and other monitoring. Fun while sitting in traffic.

This antenna did exactly what I had hoped, based on the performance chart on the MP websit.. One of my hobby monitoring activities is listening to the pirates on Milsat/UFO/Satcom in general. I've tried all kinds of tuned whips and so forth on a magmount. They were just barely OK. Noisy and fluttery.

This antenna picks up the 240-270MHz band activity with mostly near or full quieting. Amazing. I was driving around a commerical/residential area listening to Milsats like it was out in the open. Very little flutter, and good signal quality.