Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | A10D Help

Reviews Summary for A10D
A10D Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $379
Description: 70cm TDMA/FM Amplifier 8-20mW in, 10W out
More info: http://https://rfinder.shop/product/a10d-70cm-tdmafm-amp-8-20mw-in-10w-out/

You can write your own review of the A10D.

W1KE Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2019 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I did receive my repaired amplifier from the ham in Germany who designed these amps and it works great. He said the heat sink wasn't properly secured. The reason I give it such a high rating is that there is nothing like it in the market. It can take the 20 milliwatts from an SharkRF Openspot and output 8 watts. Other UHF amplifiers require more drive. The original claim was 10 watts output. The output claim is now 8 watts as verified by my wattmeter.

W1KE Rating: 2/5 Dec 12, 2018 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Update after 4 months.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was largely ignored by the guys at Rfinder about my dead amplifier, but I saw the email address for the Ham in Germany who makes this amplifier. He responded right away, shipped me a new amplifier and I shipped him the defective one. After 2 weeks with the new one, the output fell from 8 watts to about a third of a watt. Yes, I checked my wattmeter with two other radios. I use Reflector 001c exclusively. I think the traffic there is too much for this great little amp.The heat sink gets unbelievably hot. I clamped on a much larger heat sink, but by then the damage had been done. I emailed the guy in Germany about the new weakened amp, but have not heard back. It was so fantastic when it worked; I could work DSTAR from 5 miles away. It was nice.