Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | The Rockwell Regenerative Receiver Help

Reviews Summary for The Rockwell Regenerative Receiver
The Rockwell Regenerative Receiver Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $25 GBP (including shipping)
Description: A simple Regenerative Tuned Radio Frequency receiver. It has two general coverage bands which can be chosen from MW or around 160m, and around 80m or 40m.
More info: http://www.walfords.net/simple.htm

You can write your own review of the The Rockwell Regenerative Receiver.

M0TTV Rating: 2/5 Dec 2, 2018 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I built this kit to pass my UK Intermediate Licence practical assessments, and it did the job, but, perhaps naively, I also wanted a half-decent entry level receiver to cut my teeth on. From this point of view I was bit disappointed. I originally built it for the MW broadcasting band (it actually covers part of it) and the 40-41m broadcasting band. It worked ok on MW, but I wanted to test it on the 80m and 40m amateur bands. I made some modifications to the circuit (instructions are in the manual) and I added two trimmers. This will reduce the bandspread to about 100 khz. SSB tuning is poor. CW tuning is next to impossible. I'm sure with some fiddling one can play around with regeneration and make it a bit smoother but I gave up on it. Instructions are complete but terse. This kit is too complicated for a beginner and too basic for an experienced listener who wants more than just to receive the national MW bands.