Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | KB9VBR 6 meter J-Pole antenna Help

Reviews Summary for KB9VBR 6 meter J-Pole antenna
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $87.00
Description: Six meters, often called the ‘magic band’ can be mystifying at times. Bridging between the HF spectrum and the VHF/UHF spectrum, 6 meters shares the propagation vagaries of both. You quite never know when sporadic-E is going to open up or an inversion layer sets in and whisks your signals to who know where. If you are a lover of 6 meters, then this antenna is for you.

The 6 meter J-Pole is my favorite antenna. A monster of an antenna measuring 13.5 feet; the six meter J-Pole will exceed your expectations. Click to see a full size picture.It outperforms most commercial antennas with its solid 3 db of gain.
More info: http://www.jpole-antenna.com/shop/6-meter-j-pole-amateur-radio-antenna/

You can write your own review of the KB9VBR 6 meter J-Pole antenna.

N9SSU Rating: 1/5 Jan 31, 2019 00:52 Send this review to a friend
Nice while it worked for 13 months  Time owned: more than 12 months
My friend and I have used his 2m, 220 & 440 JPoles. No complaints. My friend ordered the 6m Jpole for me. I put it up, brand new.

The 6meter rated here was exposed to an overnight ice storm. The whole antenna started bending in 2 spots. 1 was 45 degrees to the tip of the radiator, crushing the small stub insulator portion. It was also bending at the spot where it was mounted to the mast, using 3 clamps.

What irked me the most, my friend which bought this from KB9VBR, brand new, emailed him including pictures. The reply was basically, thanks I will look into this to improve the design. Really? 13 months use @ $116 dollars shipped? Not good enough. A token offer of a discount on another product for goodwill might have helped smooth it out.

I am trying to be level and honest. I am also saddened to leave such a review, as his other products work and are quality (not damaged during the ice storm). But while I realize ice kills long vertical sticks, I think the email could have been handled differently. Also, just an opinion, as I am not an engineer, such a large antenna might need stronger reinforced copper than is being used. A 6 meter JPole is tall and can be heavy, but if flimsy, this is one outcome.