Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | RemoteTx Help

Reviews Summary for RemoteTx
RemoteTx Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The RemoteTx ham radio remote control system is an
economical way to control your amateur radio station
through the Internet with a phone, tablet, Mac or PC.
Currently supports the following radios, Icom 7100 (HF
only), Icom 7200, Icom 7300, Elecraft KX2 (HF Only), and
Elecraft K3/s....
More info: http://remotetx.net/

You can write your own review of the RemoteTx.

W1WWA Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2019 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Remote TX, easiest way to go Remote  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Living in a antenna restricted townhome I have spent allot of time looking for a Remote Station setup for SSB that doesn’t require having a computer at the remote location.

Let me start off to say that I have been using RemoteRig with an IC706MK2 for a while now and that setup has been working great no issues what so ever but you do need know some router configuration which can be tricky to get it running and the cost is $450.00 +/-. I have tried the new MFJ 1234 but this is far from plug and play even though MFJ totes the tag line “as simple as 1,2,3” At $299.00 + the hours of frustration to get it running I had to gave up for now until this product proves itself.

So I decided to trial run RemoteTX. Cost was about $60 on amazon for a Rpi B+ computer. Downloaded some software onto the SD card and was sent a license by
Marcus the designer of the software. Total setup was 10 minutes, it took me longer to open the Amazon box! At this point I was skeptical on it being actually plug and play. I followed the radio setup instructions listed on the RemoteTX website for the IC7300 which was clear an concise. I then attached my 7300 to the Rpi via USB cable, I then attached the CAT5 cable from the Rpi to my router and powered up the Rpi with the RemoteTX software. I then powered up the 7300 and “BAM” I was on the air. The RemoteTX Web interface is very simple to use, I made a couple of adjustments to volume and power and I was making calls within 5 minutes. That’s right 5 minutes absolutely no messing with my ISP router. NO port forwarding ... Nothing more, no more software to download, like Mumble for audio, absolutely nothing !! You can use a PC, MAC, Android, IPhone, Ipad, Kendall anything that has a web browser to access you radio from anywhere that has internet access. OK here is one thing I need to mention the service is $70.00 per year ($5 a month). So break it down even more for the Hams that don't want to pay for a service (same ones that charge for their QSL cards) ..... 1st year cost is $130.00 because of the initial hardware purchase. 2nd year your up to $200.00, 3rd year your at $300.00, I think you get where I am going with this ....3 years is the break even point with the MFJ and even longer with RemoteRig.

So, I have been using RemoteTX for about 4 months now everyday and haven’t been happier. Signal reports have been excellent, audio great and zero latency. I am using the optional Heil HHM mic with my setup. Customer service is awesome and Marcus is willing to help out with any issues, He is also actively adding radios and features. All I can say is if you are looking for a remote setup, particularly if you are just looking to do just SSB, RemoteTX will have you on the air in no time. This is a real Plug and Play system NO computer or router configuration knowledge. Just the basics, if you can operate you IPhone you can set this systems up... No Question. Give it a try you wont be disappointed and the equipment you need is readily available on Amazon .... no need to wait for weeks or months for equipment to show up.

Kurt - W1WWA operating remote from NH

W4RDM Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2019 04:54 Send this review to a friend
Simple to setup, and just works great with my Icom 7200 & 7300  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you want to use your station remotely this is the simplest way that I know of. Hardware needed is less than $75. It doesn't require you to open ports on your router etc. Uses the web browser as the client. Nothing to load on your computer, iPhone, or tablet.

I've used it with my Icom 7200 and 7300 with only a USB cable connected to the Raspberry PI that connects to the internet. My internet here has limited bandwidth. I have no audio dropouts as I do with my Flexradio remote system that requires more bandwidth to work without dropouts. I now use the RemoteTx system exclusively when operating remote. The RemoteTx control system is in current active development.

Marcus has answered all questions promptly.

I can't imagine what the RemoteTx future features will be.