Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | CRKits D4D FT8 Transceiver Kit Help

Reviews Summary for CRKits D4D FT8 Transceiver Kit
CRKits D4D FT8 Transceiver Kit Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39
Description: D4D stands for DSB transceiver for Digital mode. It is a very simple and low cost crystal controlled 1-watt transceiver designed specially for FT8, FT4, or JS8CALL and etc. VOX is included, so you just need audio cables to work with your computer or Raspberry Pi. Simple and creative crystal heater is included to improve frequency stability.
More info: http://crkits.com

You can write your own review of the CRKits D4D FT8 Transceiver Kit.

N4SRN Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2019 00:13 Send this review to a friend
EZ Build and Good RxTx  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I built this over a weekend of off/on work - just a few hours altogether. The build instructions are good, although sorting the resistors is always fun! Itís plugged into my G5RV and getting good WSJT-X FT8 20m spots on 1W output, which must be milliWatts on my antenna 150ft from my shack. Iíll get it going on my Raspberry Pi 4B and 20m End Fed soon.

HZ1SK Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2019 10:04 Send this review to a friend
Very nice kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very easy to assemble and worked from the first time without the need to do any adjustments. I was able to make lot of QSOs with it on 20m , a real joy to make FT8 QSOs with such a small and simple transceiver. I would love to see an all bands FT8 rig kit in the feature.

W5COV Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2019 23:35 Send this review to a friend
Great for QRP / QRPp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very easy to assemble even though I am nearly blind and had to have help reading transistor numbers . Was able to use a USB microscope to verify soldering and bridges. EXCELLENT if you want a dedicated QRP / QRPp rig for these digital modes. I have the 40 and 30 meter model. Be certain to do the recommended mods . Simple and basic so even more fun and challenging to make distant contacts. Will add 20 as soon as I can afford it !! Adam gives GREAT support and quick shipping .

OK1UDA Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2019 20:05 Send this review to a friend
Nice concept  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I should stress I am a newbie. I was able to build the kit with the recommended mod without troubles, and was surprised by the quality of the receiver which works well even with limited antenna (MFJ-1622). The first problem I ran into was random "locking" of TX due to the RF pickup. After last suggested mod (cap across the audio in) the problem disappeared. I did the other mod (diode to drop voltage) too. So far I had only one QSO over distance of 7 km. The report was -24 dB. That is low even for compromise antenna and city environment. Will try the kit in better location with decent antenna later. Anyway, it will be better to have higher power. I am still rating it 5 for the simplicity and nice receiver.