Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Sony ICF-SW600 Help

Reviews Summary for Sony ICF-SW600
Sony  ICF-SW600 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The Sony ICF-SW600 is a analog portable longwave, AM, FM and
shortwave receiver. Shortwave coverage is: 4750-5060, 5900-6200, 7100-
7350, 9400-9990, 11600-12100, 13570-13870, 15100-15800, 17480-17900
and 21450-21850 kHz. This radio features a large 4 inch (10 cm) speaker,
tone control, LED tune indicator and integrated AC transformer. There is a
mono earphone jack on the left side. The carry handle swings down into
the rear panel. Also operates on four AA cells.

You can write your own review of the Sony ICF-SW600.

KQ4O Rating: 3/5 Jun 3, 2019 01:42 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly Nice Little Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Let me start with why I like this limited old radio. It was obviously designed to be a casual listen radio, no SSB and only one bandwidth. I used it when I'd go to the beach here in Florida when the ionosphere was in a better mood (currently the cycle is at the bottom) and with only the whip antenna I'd spend the afternoon listening to All India Radio and the BBC World Service not beaming to North America. Reception was quite good and the audio was very nice, very low noise floor. I've never attached a wire with an alligator clip to the whip so I can't say how badly it would overload, maybe I'll experiment one day. Small and light enough to carry anywhere.
Obviously, the old style of bandspread tuning makes it more difficult to find a desired station. That doesn't matter to me as I like to bandscan and find what's out there. Even with a better sunspot number I can't expect it to bring in lower power broadcasters unless conditions are truly extraordinary. MW and LW reception is not as good as SW, forget NDB hunting with this radio.
I am waiting for the SSN to rise again and use this as my beach/park radio, sound is definitely better than my Panasonic RF-B65 (please note that reception is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the Panny!!!) and a couple of Kaitos that I owned.