Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Palm Mini Paddles Help

Reviews Summary for Palm Mini Paddles
Palm Mini Paddles Reviews: 89 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $120
Description: Mini Paddles for QRP/Portable
More info: http://www.morsex.com/palm/

You can write your own review of the Palm Mini Paddles.

K5TTE Rating: 4/5 Nov 15, 2012 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Love the paddle,not the cable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is the best paddle I've ever had. Its magnets gives a perfectly stable fit on the side of my Argonaut V. The keying
function is entirely satisfactory; the spacing adjustments are
easy to access.
As others have noted, the cable failure has been been a disapointment after a few months use.
But the company responded quickly with a replacement.
I'm going to create a strain-relief fix for this bad boy.
Careful application of gorilla glue at that problematic
3 prong connector may do the job.
This is a great paddle; I'm willing to give it another go.

HB9DST Rating: 4/5 Jul 24, 2012 06:14 Send this review to a friend
intermittent contacts  Time owned: more than 12 months
All the benefits are listed below, and I agree. The weak point is the cable/keyer connector, which is a 3-pronged solution. I (and reports from some friends confirm) sometimes have intermittent operation. I have to "jiggle" the cable/contact and it works again.

To the vendor: Please find a more solid solution for the cable connection!

VE6SMG Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2012 01:27 Send this review to a friend
Well Designed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great product for portable operation. I have only had it a few days, but am impressed with the quality construction of the whole package. The magnetic mounting base holds the paddle to the side of my HB1B perfectly and fits flush front to back; a nice combo. Looking forward to QRP outings this year.

KC2ZXL Rating: 4/5 May 9, 2012 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Good Paddle for Mobile/Portable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Palm Paddle from Milestone Technologies about six months ago and have been using it in my mobile with Yaesu FT-857D. It's a well thought out paddle with good feel to it.

It also seem to be made of good quality material and the travel case as part of the package seems to be a real plus.

On the downside however, though minor, somewhat annoying is the wired connection to the back of the paddle unit which seems to get loose quite often. It then displays symptom of radio receiving only one of the two input. When pushed back in, it works again until it plays a bit then comes loose again.

I am thinking of using a hot glue gun to fix it in place, but could have been better designed.

KY7K Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2012 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Best trail paddle around. Combine with the Code Cube keyer and it's even better.

KC2ZXL Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2011 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice quality paddle from Germany  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first Iambic Paddle after doing weeks of research; finally decided on this one and I am very pleased with it. I ordered it from Morse Express and price was reasonable. Though I could have bought the gray one that one of eHam member was selling, I wanted a black one instead to go with my Yaesu FT-857D. Feel of paddle is very nice and I have already mounted the paddle without the magnetic base; using industrial strength 3M velcro - similar to ones used on EZPass tags. I will be doing a YouTube video soon with my new toy in my Mobile Shack. I did had to set the CW on the 857 to Reverse since I got used to using the Mic as Key and it was set to left-dah and right-dit.

HB9OBZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2011 05:43 Send this review to a friend
A REAL WINNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'M NOW HB9DTA (DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE....HI). THIS LITTLE JEWEL IS REALLY A "MUST" FOR PORTABLE QRP OR QRO OPERATION BUT IS A REAL PLEASURE TO USE EVEN IN THE SHACK. THIS IS MY FIRST PADDLE WHICH I USE WITH MY LITTLE TEN-TEC R4020 QRP RIG. TILL NOW, I MADE THOUSANDS OF QSO WITH STRAIGTH KEYS OF ALL SORTS FROM MILITARY, NAVAL ONES TO HYSTORICAL PHELPS LANDLINE KEY (1860 !!!) JUST TO MENTION A BELOVED ONE AND I WAS QUITE CONVINCED NOT TO ABANDON THE OLD FASHIONED WAY. ACTUALLY, I STILL LOVE STRAIGHT KEYS AND I WILL USE THEM BUT I HAVE "DISCOVERED" A NEW FANTASTIC WAY TO SEND DITS AND DOTS AND I REALLY LOVE IT ! YOU WON'T BE AFRAID WITH THIS LITTLE PADDLE.

IZ0PXT Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2011 13:54 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This paddle is very small, but works like the biggers brothers !!!

AB7KT Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2010 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these to go with my Yaesu FT-817 to use when portable. When I am not portable, the 817 sits in my shack and I probably use it once a week or so. I liked the Palm Mini Paddle well enough that even when in the house I have it connected and use it from the shack.

PD9W Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2010 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Mini Paddle from Palm Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently bought myself this little wonder for QRP work. Leightweight and a very handy item for fieldwork. Use it with my beloved Elecraft K1-2 (10-20m). Suite both nice together. Recommanding paddle.
Customer service from Palm Radio is very good too. Thanks Hannes, DL9SCO. Vy 73!