Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Help

Reviews Summary for PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle
PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Reviews: 110 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99. USD
Description: Triangle shaped antenna. Horizontally polarized whose pattern is within 0.8db of being a perfect circle. Exhibits a wide bandwidth.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle.

AE2L Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2019 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this antenna primarily for use on FT8 with sporadic E. I was not disappointed to make FT8 E skip contacts with this antenna. It's built like a tank, easy to set up and easily transported for portable work. Tuning is predictable and easy. You can't go wrong with a PAR!

KM4NYI Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2018 03:21 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After running a single square "squalo" loop for several years, I recently decided to upgrade to a pair of Omniangle's, and couldn't be more pleased.

To begin with, Dale Parfitt (owner of Par Antennas) is a pleasure to deal with. Every e-mail was answered within an hour, the antennas were shipped quickly, and he was great about answering my questions. That kind of superior customer service is hard to come by these days.

Unpacking and assembling the Omniangle antennas took less than 10 minutes each, and about 10 minutes to adjust for resonance. The instructions say to tune the antenna for 1:1 a little higher to keep the lower end of the band good in wet weather, which I did. A good rain shower revealed a slight lowering of frequency at resonance, but it was a minimal amount. I ordered the optional phasing harness to stack the antennas, and was very pleased to see it had no ill effects on the SWR readings whatsoever. Every single piece of the antenna and phasing harness is first-rate quality. I put the Omniangles on a 45' push-up mast, with a 6 meter vertical on top. The top loop is at about 40', and the bottom one 13' below that. The excess phasing harness coax is looped and tied off at the center feed point.

All that being said, the real question is how does it perform, and the answer is flawlessly. I have tested it with about 20 stations within a 100 mile radius on SSB and AM, and have received signal reports showing an increase over my old single square loop of between 1 and 5 S units. A friend with a service monitor noted a 7db signal increase on sideband, and on AM my signal increased from 10uV to 20uV. Of course, the summer "E-Skip" season has now ended, so propagation on 6 meters is scarce, but I did manage to make a couple of ground wave contacts on FT8 between 150 and 250 miles away over the weekend, and I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to do that with my old single square loop.

All this, and a fair price too. The cost of the Omniangle is less than the competition's square or round loops, and the quality of the materials and machine work of the Par antenna can't be beat. The phasing harness is half the price of the two major competitor's.

If you are looking for a high-quality omnidirectional antenna that performs, at a fair and reasonable price, and is built to last, get yourself a Par Omniangle. You'll be glad you did.

KB9ERU Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2018 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After getting my feet wet on 6 meters with a homebrew dipole on FT8, it was time for an upgrade.
I emailed for pricing, and received a fast response with an estimated ship date.
Payment was made, and Iím happy to report that I received my antenna faster than the estimated ship date.

Instructions are crystal clear, with reference to an online assembly video. Nice touch.
Fit and finish is flawless.
Assembly and tuning was a snap.
The antenna is super lightweight. Great for portable operation.
On air performance is impressive given its size.

If a horizontally polarized omni directional antenna is what you seek, the PAR OA-50 is the one to get!

N1IPU Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2018 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having had Dales antennas before I decided to buy and OA-50 along with 2 meters and the 432 version. Excellent quality and only having the 6 meter version up 16' I am impressed at the reports I have been getting during openings and local nets. Just ordered another and a stacking kit.

M1ABK Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2018 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Simple, effective, works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Fast dispatch to the UK for both the OA-50 and OA-70. Simple to assemble with low SWR on both models which was great. Standard of materials and construction is superb.

Quite early days but so far they both work well and are truly omni-directional as far as I can establish. Don't expect any gain (other than ground gain due to height etc.) but the result for me has been viable 50Mhz and 70Mhz antennas where a yagi simply isn't allowed outside, which when the band is open allows me to make some good contacts around Europe, best DX this season is over 7,000Km so very pleased.

Summary don't expect gain or a directional antenna like a yagi but they do work really well as a low noise omni directional antenna,if that's what your looking for you wont be disappointed !

KF2T Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2018 21:46 Send this review to a friend
Just the Thing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had one of Daleís Moxons for many years. Solidly built, flourished up and down rural roads in Nevada while 6m roaming.

Then I moved to the East Coast - DC. A smaller solution was needed for my balcony-equipped QTH.

Got an OA50 mounted today at my temporary QTH on the third floor, more as a proof of concept and validation. Tuned up smoothly and immediately worked great! Local noise is somewhat lower, but signals are better. A fellow a couple hundred miles away, who occasionally picked me up on the old dipole, called to ask what I had changed ó the results were that obvious. He was hearing me more often, and louder. Only thing different - the OA50.

Canít wait to see how it plays up another 110 feet at the new place.

N4SJW Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2017 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Another perfect score  Time owned: months
Not much to add to all the other excellent reviews. several dB gain above a vertical, perfect for 6M digital, small foot print, excellent price and shipping . . . what more can you ask for? I'm having a ball on 6M JT65/FT8

K0OM Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2017 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I emailed Dale and told him to call it the 15 minute special. 10 minutes to assemble and 5 minutes to tune. I was surprised to see the all the JT signals when the band did not appear to be open. The antenna appears to be as advertised.
I think it is a winner and I am glad I bought it.

WX3P Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2017 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Just great!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used my OA-50 in the recent ARRL June VHF Contest. The performance was amazing considering I was operating as QRP Portable with 10 watts. Conditions weren't the best but this antenna worked wonders and I worked 34 new grids. Of course, I could hear better than transmit considering that 10 watts is sometimes hard to break through a pileup.

The other aspect of these antennas is how rugged they are. Last winter during the January VHF contest, my antenna came loose in the wind and snow and fell about 60 feet along with some branches. A little straightening and all was good. These are tough little units.

Dale is great to work with if you have a question or need a part (I lost the nosepiece when it fell in the snow - only to be found the day the day the replacement arrived.

I use this daily for JT65 and I couldn't be happier. I am now thinking about getting a second one for stacking.

F6EJU Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2017 04:30 Send this review to a friend
OA-50 6 Meter antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy antenna to set-up.
The concept looks very good and smart.
A big difference on the signal and noise reduction vs to my Diamond Cp5...
Very efficient customers services.
73 from F6EJU